"His scales are just smooth."

💛Loceit💙
Fluff!
TW:
Cute, curious Logan.
Oblivious Deceit.

Requested by the lovely FanFictionOfLife

---

Logan was intrigued by the deceiving side. He found him quite alluring. So much so that he wanted to examine the side closer.

"Hypothesis number 1. Because of Deceit's snake-like appearance, does he really have fangs and a forked tongue? I believe that he does, and to be sure I have to examine the subject further."

He scribbled down his hypothesis and turned around to see the snake man sitting on his bed. Deceit hummed softly. "You really find me that interesting?"

Logan nodded. "Absolutely. Would you mind opening your mouth wide?" He asked, getting out a teeny tiny flashlight and a small stick to examine his mouth further.

Deceit did as he was told. Logan was correct. Two sharp fangs and a snake like, forked tongue. "Very interesting. I'll have to ask you a few questions."

Deceit closed his mouth. "Go ahead."

"Can you smell things with your tongue like snakes can? And do you produce venom?" Logan grabbed his notepad and a pen. "Yes and yes. My venom is poisonous enough to kill, I'd say about 15 people. I tested it with Remus once. It was a lot of dead Pattons..." He mumbled.

Logan smiled softly. He scribbled down the results.
"Alright, next test..."

This continued for hours. Not that Deceit minded. He enjoyed talking about himself.

"Can you cry and/or blush?"
"Not from both sides. My human side can, yes."

But then they reached the questions about his scales and where they were placed. "... So basically my diet only consists of mice, small critters and tea."

Logan nodded. "Interesting. Oh, your scales. This is probably the thing I'm most interested about. Where are your scales? Are they only on your face or...?"

"I have them all over. My face, shoulders, hands, chest, hips, back, legs and feet. I have most around the joints."

Logan nodded. "Would you mind showing me?" The seemingly innocent question made Deceit blush. "Uh, not at all." He answered.

Logan smiled and watched fondly as Deceit took off his cloak , vest and shirt. He took off his hat and gloves too. Scales were all over him. Logan grinned like an excited child. "Wow."

Deceit looked down at his hands. His fingers were covered with scales. "This is why I wear gloves..." He mumbled.

  Logan, very gently, layed a hand on Deceit's shoulder, dragging a finger across the scales. Deceit flushed and quickly stood back. Logan gasped softly. "I apologise."

  Deceit shook his head. "No, no. It's fine. It just felt... Weird." He mumbled. He put his shirt back on, then his vest and cloak and lastly his gloves and hat.

  A few moments of silence later and Deceit decided to speak up. "Why do you find me so interesting?"

  "You're the only side with animal traits, and-" Deceit cut him off. "Remus has octopus traits and Virgil has spider traits. I'm not special..."

  Logan cleared his throat. "Well, I... I just find you more interesting. That is all."
"You're lying, that's not all, is it?"

  Logan's face turned red from embarrassment. Suddenly it clicked in Deceit's head. "You fancy me, don't you?"

  Logan flushed even more. Deceit smirked at Logan's reaction. "I'm taking that as a yes. Well, if it helps, I like you, too."

  Logan opened his mouth in shock. "Really?"

  The snake trait nodded. "Now, let's continue with the experiments..."