"I don't only speak in lies."

❤️Roceit💛
Angst!
TW:
Everyone being a meanie >:(

Also song lyrics from Ollie MN's vines. He's great.

-----

"You're a slithering snake!" Logan had shouted once. Deceit remembered the feeling of emptiness in his chest. He chose to ignore it.

"You can't trust him!" Virgil had hissed at the others, and in front of Thomas. The empty feeling grew but once again he ignored it.

"I don't like the influence he has on you, kiddo." Patton had told Thomas when Deceit was right there. In the same room. The feeling only grew.

  Deceit just decided to hide in his room after that. One side in particular took notice of this.

  Roman had visited his brother when he had noticed the yellow door being closed for too long. Deceit usually had his door at least slightly open even when he was sleeping.

  "I'll, uh, I'll come back, brother." Remus nodded. "Alright, see you later bro!"

  The prince heard soft piano tiles from the snake man's room. The fanciful one decided to just open the door.

  He stepped inside and heard soft singing. "... Above you, I may not always love you, but as long as there are stars..."

  Deceit cleared his throat and stopped playing for a moment. He hummed. "Put on my best clothing, and ignore all my self loathing..."

  A few more phrases came and went. He seemed to be warming up.

  "The only things in my bed are pizza crumbs and endless dread."
"You feel it now? Tap your feet, you're dying slowly to the beat."
"Eyes blue like the Atlantic, and I'm going down like the Titanic."
  "Let's put our parents clothes on and pretend we know what goes on..." 
  "You can be my Juliet because you're gonna end up dead..."

  Deceit suddenly stopped. "Fancy that you stopped by, Roman. What do you want?"

  Roman flinched at the sudden acknowledgement. "I, uh... I wanted to check up on... You." Great, an awkward voice crack. Perfect.

  Deceit chuckled. "You're lying."
Roman's stomach dropped. "I'm not!"

  Deceit's lips curved up to a mocking smile. "I know when people lie." He stood up and turned around to face the prince. His smile turned into a surprised 'o' shape. "And you're not doing it..."

  Deceit just stood there for a moment. "You're not lying..."

  Roman shook his head. "Nope."

  The snake turned around so Roman only could see his snake part. He suddenly start to whimper and shake. "Uh, Dee...? You okay?"

  Deceit turned to fully face him. His human side was tearstained, eye glossy and red. "Deceit!" Roman said worriedly.

  He went over to hug the lying the side. They stood there in silence.

  They didn't have to say anything. Deceit suddenly noticed that the feeling in his chest started to shrink away.