"Will you..."

💜Anxceit💛
ANGST
TW:
CHEATING PARTNER
ANXIETY
SLIGHT SEXUAL INNUENDO

Requested by the stellar CloeMalfoy

whoops my hand slipped this was supposed to be fluffy but it got angsty real fast.

AND BY THE WAY HOLY SHIT THIS BOOK HAS 10.5 K READS THAT'S INSANE THANK YOU SO MUCH!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

-------

As the bottom in their relationship, Deceit was never really the one committing. Virgil was the one to take action.

Their first date, kiss, sexy time...

But now was the time he'd finally commit. He clenched the small box with the ring inside. He gulped and straightened his tie, smiled at the mirror and made his way towards Virgil's room, heart beating hard against his ribcage.

He didn't know why he was so nervous.

It be the absolutely nerve wrecking situation he was in or if it was because he spent so much time with the literal embodiment of anxiety but he felt like he would shit himself anytime.

His hands were drenched under his gloves and they were trembling. He swallowed the lump he had built up in his throat and knocked on his boyfriend's door.

No answer. With a sudden rush of panic he wondered if he had picked the wrong door. Remus liked to switch the doors and their position so it'd make sense if he had picked the wrong door.

The colour usually indicated what side's room it was and this one was purple so it was Virgil's.

Why hadn't he opened then? He knocked once more. Still no answer.

Virgil wasn't usually out and about in the halls or common room at this time of day. Deceit tried to ignore the gut sickening feeling he had that something was very wrong.

He looked around and saw no one in the dark hallway. With even more unsteady steps than before he decided to ask Roman, the side that had suggested that he could propose in the first place.

His legs almost gave way under him as he reached the red door. He knocked once and at once the fanciful side had opened.

"Helloooo Deceit, can I help you?"

Another turn lump fastened in his throat. Something was obviously wrong.

Roman's hair was messy, so was his shirt. He never wore t-shirts, and certainly not in front of any other side.

A sudden rush of anger washed over him.

"Where's Virgil?"

His words came out harsher than he had planned and Roman visibly flinched at the side's harsh tone.

"I don't know. Why?"

Deceit suddenly felt sick to his stomach. This was his best friend. It was Roman that had said he should propose, it was him who made Deceit understand his feelings, Roman had helped him react to those feelings. Roman helped him choose the god damn ring and now he decided to lie to his face?

"You're lying."

Roman cringed at that tried to fix his hair with his left hand, the other arm blocked Deceit's view into the room.

With a sickening jolt Deceit understood the situation. He gave away a chocked sob and hugged himself, pinching himself so hard he was sure he'd get bruises. He wanted it to be a bad dream.

But when he would awake the next morning he still would have bruises and a bleeding heart.

Deceit clenched his fists and hissed, loud enough for Virgil and anyone else inside to hear.

"Happy anniversary."