Chapter 4

7 years later
They had now made ankle cuffs that stopped me from using my powers due to some of the other prisoners using their to try and escape but they all failed. Thankfully, they didn't stop my telepathy but it did weaken them. The experiments continued, some more painful than others but they never stopped. They had tried using mind control through a machine on my by wiping my memories but my telepathy was stronger and prevented it from working. My other powers had developed as well due to the injections so instead of just controlling the four elements, I could now manipulate them as well. I could freeze and boil water; I could use air and water to create storm or snow; I could not only grow plants and move land but I could now heal and sense life forces; I could also create sparks and absorb fire; I could influence people's emotions through contact and I could create forcefields due to my telepathy and creating shields in my head. They also gave me the power of telekinesis which I'm still trying to control but they also enabled me to be able to shift into any big cat but it was only a snow leopard to start with.

I was so strong now that it scared me to use my powers so I refused to use them which led to beatings from the guards and eventually learning hand to hand combat, with and without weapons, because I refused to fight with my powers to defend myself if I was sent on a mission in the future but they had to learn how to control me first. I was their perfect weapon but I couldn't be controlled. I wanted to fight for what I believed in so they tried everything to brake me. Physical and mental torture, pushing me to the brink of death and my least favourite, rape. Nothing worked though. I stayed strong. I stayed, to a certain extend, free from their chains.

In the past 4 years, they started to put all their resources into making me a successful test subject as the rest of the 10 to 15 of the other prisoners had died. They slowly started thinning out until I was the only one left. The last one of them left was a boy called Ronnie who was a few years younger than me. Guards came and took him in the morning only for him to not return that day. That day turned into weeks, then months and then years. I was in denial in the beginning but I finally accepted the obvious when I heard some guards talking about how they had to dispose of his body.

Screams echoed through the halls for the first time since that day which snapped me out of my thoughts. Oh no, they have a new test subject. It was a female, I could tell from the screams and they sounded as if she was young due to the pitch and the sheer amount of terror erupting from her throat.

I listened to the guards as they walked past to try and get a gage of what was going on but they were all silent until the screams stopped. I heard walking and the sound of something being dragged before I heard a cell door to the right at the end of the hall open and close. Their voices started talking but the. Slowly disappeared as the walked away.
"How long do you think she'll last?" The stockier one said.
"Not even a week," was the reply followed by a dry evil chuckle.

I waited until they had left to look in the cell at the end of the hall which held a girl in her late teens laying unconscious on the floor. She had dark brown hair in disheveled ponytail and wore blue jeans with a grey acid wash t-shirt. She was bruised badly and had multiple cuts and gashes over her body. I couldn't help the immense sympathy I felt for her even though I'd been through worse and didn't know who she was. I tried to heal her as much as I could but I could only stop the bleeding from her worst cuts due to the distance between us.

Watching her laying in her cell, it reminded me of when I first came here. It only gets worse as time passes in this place. I slowly moved over to my mattress to get some sleep, all the while hoping she would be okay because no one deserved to go through what I have here.

Banging on my cell woke me up and I knew it was for the routine attempted and failed mind control. Two guards came in and locked my arms in a vice like grip ready to take me to the testing room. I had momentarily forgotten about the new girl until I saw her sitting there with ankle cuffs like mine. Her head was low and she looked really drained. As I was taken past I quickly made a telepathic link just to tell her
"everything will be okay. Just stay strong and believe."

Her eyes snapped up to me upon hearing another person's voice inside her head and I gave her small reassuring smile but I was quickly yanked away from her for my torture session.