Chapter 14

I got changed for the party that was being held that night. I had already told all of them not to get gifts and as long as they were there, that's all I needed. I put on black jeans and a black top with some gold jewellery and went downstairs ready for the party.

John met me at the bottom of the stairs

John met me at the bottom of the stairs. He held his hand out for me to take so I did a small curtsy and placed my hand in his which caused us both to let out chuckles and kept smiles plastered on our faces all the way to the doors to the conservatory where I could already see bright coloured light and hear music playing from the other side. John looked at me before walking in as if to ask if I was ready and okay to go in to which I replied a small nod still with the smile on my face.

Everyone cheered as we walked in. It was all of our friend group and the teachers. I may speak to other people in the school but these lot will always be my family. I went around to everyone and gave them each a hug and a thank you for organising this and being there for me over the past year. Charles got a massive hug from me because if it wasn't for him, I would be on the streets or possibly even kidnapped again. Jean and Scott were thanked by me for not only guiding me since I got here but for saving me from that hell known as LS labs.

Gratefulness hit me after my rounds of hugs and thanks. If it wasn't for these guys, I wouldn't be here and I may very well still have been in that dark and damp cell.

Once I finally got the chance to look around, I saw all of the purple and baby pink streamers and banners around the room along with a buffet table with a bunch of my favourite sweet treats. Seeing all of the effort these guys put into this brought tears to my eyes and I was instantly pulled into a group hug with all of them as the teachers took that as their cue to silently excuse themselves and leave the partying and celebrations to us.

Music started blaring and I instantly recognised at my EP

Music started blaring and I instantly recognised at my EP. I could hear them screaming with joy and could feel their feet disturbing the ground around me to my songs as Dead came on first. Without looking, their smiles extended towards me, attempting to turn my face from the speakers I was focused on to them as they started to dance to my song. Their bodies moved together as they celebrated, rhythmically breaking into shapes and colours that tickled my heart. Warren attempted to pull me towards them so I pushed his hand away but he didn't give up so easily. I eventually got tugged into the middle of the celebration and we all started to dance away to the music.

The celebration went on into the night, everyone dancing like they'd forgotten how to stand still. Bobby was moving like his limbs were made of spaghetti and Kitty's face was an epic picture of pure excitement. We'd made memories together over the past year and things were only going to get better from here on in. We were a family now. There was no pulling us apart.

My feet ached by the time I made it back to my room and my limbs felt heavy. My tiredness made me hang limp like wet laundry on a cold still day. I feel like every muscle was giving into gravity. What I wanted was sleep, a nice warm bed and a solid night of dreams. My hair accessories were scattered over the dresser and my paperwork has sprawled over the easy chair. I should've put them away the first time but I had to get ready quickly for the party and didn't have much time. I want to wake up to a clean room thought so I set about putting things right. Tomorrow, I don't have much on other than work which is simple enough as we just got a wild horse brought in a couple of days ago that I have to look after. I laid down gently onto the bed and snuggled into my duvet and let sleep consume me until the inevitable morning light that was bound to wake me up earlier than I needed to be up for.