Chapter 25

"You need to stay out here while we go in and fight these guys." Steve said as he turned to me. I just nodded as I didn't want to argue right now while we are in the midst of taking down a whole facility.

They all entered the room except Logan and T'challa who went into the smaller lab and I leaned against the wall opposite the door they entered through. Gunshots could be heard along with battle cries and cries of pain. I could hear the Bruce over the intercoms saying that the others were halfway back to the jet with the escaped prisoners. Just as he said this, an explosion went off in the lab. I debated whether to go in and check if everyone was okay but decided that if they weren't, they would have said something over the coms.

Battle notices could still be heard when another handful of agents came charging around the corner. They stopped in their tracks when they saw me in the hallway. Well, there goes the idea to blend in and act the part. My mind instantly started running. Six. I could take on six. Try going hands on but if not, blast them. Sure. That seems like a smart idea - if I have a death wish.

This seemed like a great ish idea until I saw the face of the agents standing in front of the group. Judging by his evil smirk that graced his lips and the glint in his eyes, he recognised me to. This just keeps getting better.
"You finally decided to come home 3553. You'll like it more now here. We have more friends for you who will all be strengthened the same as you and with the right tests, they could have the same powers as you. Now, help us deal with this little infestation." The way the words dripped off of his tongue. They were like each one was caressed by death itself and each one held a painful memory from this place.
"You used me for years. You tortured me. Experimented on me. You raped me. Trust me when I say that I didn't come back by choice. And no, I will not help. I never worked for you and I never will."
He turned away from me after I said this and turned to the agents behind him. "Grab her. Use whatever force necessary but keep her alive. She's the strongest mutant we ever had here."

They all started to slowly walk toward me like animals stalking their prey until one lunged at me which caused me to shoulder roll off to the side of him. While I was crouched down, I quickly pulled the daggers out of my boots and started to slash at the two agents closest to me. I slashed the first on his chest and the second on his thigh and stomach. They quickly fell to the ground and were groaning in pain while holding their wounds. Three to go. I moved onto the male that I rolled away from. I blocked a couple of punches with my forearms until I stabbed him in his side and then round house kicked the back of his head. Two to go. One was talking into his com for backup so I quickly dealt with him kicking him in the groin and then kicking the side of his head which knocked him out cold. One to go. This agent charged at me and I could instantly tell from the way he held himself and by the aurora around him that he was new to this place so I shifted slightly and tripped him over before knocking his head to make him unconscious.

Now it was just me and him. The one agent who delivered the worst pain to me. He stood guard at the cells, he walked me to the labs, he would deliver my torture and he would rape me almost weekly for a year.
"You have nowhere to run to. Agents are surrounding this area. You have no way out. Just give yourself up and your punishment won't be severe."
I dry chuckled at this. "I'm never coming back. I'm finally free from all the pain and experiments. Why would I walk back into that willingly."
By this point, more agents had come behind him while some more blocked the other end of the hallway. They all had their guns raised and ready to fire at me. All they needed was the signal and when he saw the determined and hated look in my eyes, that was all he needed to give the signal.

I instantly threw up my shield and the bullets ricocheted off. They carried on firing so I focused my power on the shield and expanded it out quickly so it acted like a sonic wave and knocked all the agents down and on the verge of unconsciousness.

Debating with myself, I wondered if I should go into the lab and get the others to get out of here. Just as I was deciding to follow the captain's orders, the sound of more running down the halls towards where I was could be heard so I did the only rational thing. I ran into the smaller lab and closed the door behind me. Logan and T'challa, the only ones in that lab, instantly looked at me with confusion and slight anger at putting myself in danger by coming in here but all the agents were already dead.

"They know I'm here. They've sent all the agents near the area to here to get me. We need to start moving." I was pacing and trying to come up with a plan in this time while I was ranting. "We need to get the others and then try and find a way out of here without getting caught or injured. There's agents outside..."
T'challa cut me off by putting his hands on my shoulders and making me look into his eyes. "We'll all get out of here safe. Logan contacting the others now to let them know. Bucky is just wiping their systems now. Calm down, we've got this under control."
That was the point where I started to break down. "I can't come back here. I can't be their little toy again. I can't." Tears brimmed my eyes which didn't go unnoticed as I was pulled into a hug by the man in front of me. He started whispering reassuring and comforting things in my ear while rubbing circles into my back. He held me close and spoke in his deep and slightly raspy voice.

I finally started to calm down but the moment was stopped a bit soon by Logan who said the others were just making their way out of the other lab so we needed to get going. I nodded and T'challa tightened his hold on my before pulling away and smiling. We made our way out of the lab to be treated with Scott just finishing off a guard outside of the room. All the others gave me a look when I came out saying that we were going to have a talk when we get back. I just lowered my head and looked at the floor before Logan grabbed my arm and started leading us all back the way we came. I quickly then stopped us and just gestured to follow me. I was slightly surprised when they all did without even questioning me but I didn't pay too much attention to it. We needed to get out of here.

I quickly led us to the nearest fire exit that took us to just outside the front of the building. This was probably the best decision on my part because as soon as we came out of the building, there was an explosion in the woods - where the trap door is, or was. We all just looked at each other and the started running towards the jet. We knew everyone else was already there and safe so we were the last ones.

As we were getting close to the jet, gunfire erupted and I immediately put up my force field and stretched it over everyone so they wouldn't get shot. They just looked at me slightly shocked but grateful. By the time we made it to the jet, everyone else was already in their seats and ready to go but the gunfire was still resonating around us so I stretched my forcefield again so it covered the ship for takeoff. It quickly started draining my energy as I've never held up a force field this long and one this big. Steve came and held me upright so I didn't fall over. I gave him a small grateful smile. Jean and storm started to take off and fly away but I quickly passed out afterwards from overusing my power. The last thing I remember was strong arms lifting me up and holding me close to their body.