Chapter 13

A year later.
I've been here for a year now. Everyone is amazing. Family is the only word I can use to describe us and as time has passed, we've only grown closer. I've gained a lot more confidence and speak to pretty much everyone but it does take me a little while to warm up to any one new. I'm best with the younger children at the school though as I don't want anyone going through emotional stress like I did. I became the person most of the younger students went to when they needed help and even more so after I opened up about my depression, anxiety and anorexia. Bobby, John and Warren are really protective of me when it comes to my mental illnesses and are always there when I need to talk to them. They help a lot with my anorexia and just making sure I've eaten enough even though it's not really a problem anymore in my life and it was more when I was younger. My friends are throwing a little party as a celebration of me being here a year and the teachers are coming to along with some of the students in my music class.

My EP released officially two months ago. It's called 'As She Pleases' (Madison Beer's actual album. Highly recommend) and has already sold a bunch of copies but I think most of them were from people at the school. My favourite songs on the EP are 'Heartless', 'Dead' and 'say it to my face'.

I'm still working at the animal rescue shelter. I absolutely love it there. I sat my biology and psychology exams and passed with flying colours. I'm now doing psychology masters degree and law classes online so I'm only in art, music and English literature classes with the others. I still do dance instead of gym and I got my pair of pointe shoes about 10 months ago. I even started learning aerial silks and I instantly fell in love with it. Both ballet and silks help me feel so free and untouchable. I feel like I'm flying and my mood instantly is lifted to cloud nine. It's as if I'm floating and all my worries and sadness just melt away onto the dance floor. When I first started dancing, I had to do it in one of the spare workout rooms until the boathouse was converted into a dance studio where I teach some of the younger students ballet and hip hop.

I remember the first time the professor took me outside to test my powers

Flashback
*We were all outside; my friends and the teachers. We stood in front of a pond which I later realised was where Scott first practiced his powers and split the tree in half. My eyes turned blue as I held out my hand and focused on the water and pulled out some the size of a football and continued to freeze it solid before I the. Boiled it until it turned to steam and disappeared. My eyes then danced with red as I then summoned a ball of fire into my hand and tossed it around as if I was throwing an actual ball. Sparks started to fly off of the ball as I chucked it higher until it looked like mini lightning bolts were coming off of the flames. To extinguish the sparking ball of flames, I caught it and pushed my hands together around it so when I opened my palms, it was just a small puff of black smoke. My eyes then turned a silver as I then pulled the small breeze that was around me to make a mini tornado in my hand until I pushed it away towards the others so it made their hair swing wildly around their heads. Laughing to myself, I then combined the three to make a small storm in front of me; wind and water to make the cloud, rain and sparks to make the lightning.

After I finished with that I looked around to find something to use my nature power on when I saw a tree split in half on the other side of the pond. Gesturing for the others to follow me, I lead them over to the tree where I gained bewildered looks from everyone else in the group. I crouched down at the base of the tree and ran my hands across the charred burnt edges that were blacked by death. The tree itself still had some life left in it and that's all I needed. I can't heal the dead but I can heal the injured. I gingerly placed both my hands at the base of the tree and closed my eyes as I started pulling my powers from within and travelling it to my hands. My skin started to tingle as my powers worked it's way from my chest down my arms and to my hands. A light green graced my hands and eyes as my power started to flow out of my palms and fingers in little strands like string. Weaving itself through the bark, my powers slowly started to heal and regrow the tree until it stood at its former height with its prior strength and glory. I turned to see everyone looking at me with a slightly shocked face except for the professor who had a proud smile plaster on his.*
End of flashback

My powers have strengthened tremendously to the point where I don't need to think a lot for my powers to do tasks like growing flowers or summoning a ball of fire. The professor mainly helped me with my telekinesis and my force fields as they weren't my strongest. I'm not as scared of my powers anymore but there are still days when I feel my powers becoming too much and on those days, I go to a clearing in the woods that I found a couple of weeks after I got here. Since then, I tied aerial silks to the tree that was in the middle of the clearing which helps relax me even more. I even grew vines into my room from the window because of how at peace I feel when I'm around nature. They wrapped around the top of my bed frame and up on the wall above my bed.