Chapter 18

I skipped breakfast and just got changed into my clothes for school. I had art first, then my online class for law, which I normally did in the library, I then have an hour free until I then have English literature just after lunch. I went through my wardrobe and pulled out a black t-shirt with a skull on it and paired it with a red, green and navy tartan skirt with chains, a belt, fishnets, black knee high socks and black doc-martins. I let my hair down in it's curls from my braids I did last night after my shower and went on my way to my first lesson.

 I let my hair down in it's curls from my braids I did last night after my shower and went on my way to my first lesson

I was early to art as I usually am due to me liking to get all my materials ready before we start. Today, we were all given the subject of passion and obsessions. I was doing mine as a mixture of dance and music. The plan was to paint a ballerina on the music sheet of one of my favourite songs so I got out the washable oil paints and the sheet I had printed off a few days ago. It was of the song 'for the dancing and the dreaming'. The song is beautiful and has a Viking feel to the piece which I love. I was going to do it on the song sheet for 'you are the reason' as that's my favourite love song but I decided against it due to all the stress and anxiety I've had recently because of my soulmates coming here.

I started sketching my outlines and the figure of my ballerina from a picture I got a Kitty to take last week of my dancing. I was just about finished when Storm entered with a brunette girl behind her. I didn't recognise her as a student here but I recognised her as one of the avengers from the pictures I had looked at. She is known as the Scarlet Witch. She looked like she was about 20 or 21 and she was dressed in black skinny jeans and a red hoodie. Nervousness emanated from her but she held a confident persona which I would have fell for if I wasn't an empath.

Storm was quick to calm down the class and introduce her. "Everyone settle down. This is Wanda and she will be joining our class. We will have some of the other avengers joining our classes later this week to help you guys out with assignments and developing your ideas." Storm then turned to speak just to Wanda. "Wanda, why don't you go sit next to Abbie. She's around your age and it will be more quiet as it's only you two on that table."

Wanda nodded and made her way over to me. When we made eye contact she shot me a smile and I returned it with a smaller but still friendly one. She sat next to me but with the spare seat in between. One of the reasons I like sitting here is that it's only three seats and it's to the back so no one else really sits with me.

Storm introduced the topic, the materials we would be using (washable oil paint) and everyone started painting and drawing. I continued mine while Wanda went and got her paper and paint from the supplies corner. Once she got back, I had already started painting as I had already started the sketch. We sat in silence for a little bit until she spoke up and asked me, "so, as you may have already heard I'm Wanda. What's your name?"

I spoke to her telepathically as I don't trust the avengers enough yet to speak out loud but I trust them a little. Yes, they save the world but that's just the front image. I don't know how they are as people and how they act behind closed doors. 'I'm Abbie'.