Chapter 9

Kitty came and got me after she had breakfast to tell me we were about to leave to go shopping with Jean so I quickly threw on the clothes that Jean had left in my room last night before The professor brought me up. I was wearing black ripped jeans with a baggy red t-shirt that had a low v neck to it that showed a little bit of cleavage so I pulled it down at the back so it wasn't noticeable. I slid on my black combat boots that I had from the labs; they were the only good thing to come from that place.

Kitty practically dragged me downstairs and to the car Jean was waiting beside. We made our way to our seats with Jean driving, Kitty in passenger and then me behind her.

Soft music played while I stared out the window at all the trees passing by. The forest was so luscious and filled with life that I just wanted to run through it until I found a clearing and just lay in the soft blanket of grass until the sun slowly faded away. I could just about see my reflection in the window if I focused on the glass. My face looked pale and my lips were slightly parted while my eyes held a spark of life they had long since lost when I was first taken. My hazel eyes held the familiar red and golden swirls that made it look like my eyes where dancing. I hadn't seen them like this since I was younger and I first came into my fire power. They were almost hypnotising and if it weren't for us stopping at the mall, I would've lost myself in their hues once again.

We went into several shops and bought me a bunch of clothes I would feel comfortable in which mainly consisted of Ines to hide my scars and my soul marks.

While we were walking around shopping, the topic of someone called Logan came up between the two I was with. I remember Kitty mentioning he was a teacher and was currently away helping other people. They talked about how long he was going to be gone which was still undetermined and many other things about his character until Kitty asked,
"Why did he leave in the first place? I mean I understand it was to help people but why did he join the Avengers to do that?"
I didn't know who this new group was so I quickly entered Kitty's mind to find out. Normally I wouldn't do this to anyone but I was struck by curiosity and it didn't concern Kitty's feeling or past.
Jean answered her question looking as if it wasn't her place to say. "He shares a soulmate with some of the Avengers and is soulmates with a few of them as well. It's like a group of them are all soulmates with one other person who they don't know yet and some of them are also soulmates to each other in the group."
I nodded my head in understanding but Kitty still looked slightly confused. "I thought people were only soulmates with one or two people."
"Most people are but there are some special people who are soulmates to more. I shouldn't tell you this because I shouldn't know but the person they're trying to find has 14 soulmate marks. I haven't seen Logan's mark so I don't know anything about them and I also don't know what gender they are because all of the 14 people are guys who are bisexual so it could be a guy or a girl."
Kitty nodded her head in understanding as well now and we left the mall shortly after.

Once we were back at the school, I had to quickly go upstairs and unpack my school supplies and get to my first class which was psychology. I would have to unpack my clothes later because I wouldn't have time to do it now. I left my room 10 minutes early to try and find my class which was on the second floor.

I eventually got to class with only a couple minutes to spare so I grabbed a seat near the back so I wouldn't have to interact as much. I knew I had music after this but they were handing in their last assignments so they wouldn't be doing much. I started writing in my note pad the date and some of the stuff that was already on the board.

I already had out all my pens and highlighters ready to take notes when the class started and I had my leather journal that Kitty got me when we went out so I can communicate with new people who I don't trust enough to talk telepathically to.

The class was starting to fill up and although this was meant to be a small class, there was still about 15 to 20 of us in the room. The seats near the front were taken first until the only seers left were a few in the back and one next to me. Hank walked in shortly after saying that he was going to teach biopsycology today and then the Jean was going to teach us the behavioural side of the subject. He was just about to introduce me to the class when I quickly gave him a look to just leave it be and just pray that everyone ignored me. He seemed to understand because he didn't call me out in front of the class.

We were about 10 minutes in when a boy came running in rambling an apology for being late but Hank just brushed it off and told him to take a seat quickly. He quickly looked around the class at the empty seats so I looked away so I didn't make eye contact. He could have went to any seat in the class but he came and sat next to me.

A few minutes went by in silence before he turned to me and introduced himself.
"Hi. I'm Bobby but everyone knows me as iceman. You must be new here."
I decided against telepathy and opened my journal and wrote,
'I'm Abbie. It's nice to meet you.' To which he started to write a reply underneath.
'When did you get here?'
'Yesterday. You?'
'A few years ago. I had just come into my mutation and I couldn't control it. If you couldn't tell from my name, I can make water freeze. What's your mutation?'
'Telepathy but I also have telekinesis, I just can't control it well yet.'

I decided against telling him about my other powers due to the disbelief and shock when Jean and Scott found out. We carried on writing each other notes throughout the lesson till the bell rang. We learnt a lot about each other but stayed away from the other persons pasts. I felt a strange connection with him that I hadn't felt with anyone before. It was like we were being pulled together and almost felt like a siblingly bond between us.

As I was walking out, Bobby ran to catch up with me to continue our conversation.
"So what lesson do you have next?" He asked out loud now.
I quickly pulled out the journal and wrote 'music.'
He just raised an eyebrow and replied, "you know you can talk now we are out of the class right?"
I felt embarrassed and an anger towards that comment so I stopped walking and started writing.
'I'm mute. This is how I communicate with people so sorry I can't speak out loud in or out of lessons.'
I quickly ripped out the page, gave it to him and walked away before he could even read the first two words.

Hiding in the gardens seemed like the best idea due to the peace that it brought me. I started writing music in my song book for music since I'm meant to be there but that was swiftly interrupted when guy walked up to me in the pergola.
"Are you alright. You look kinda down. I would've normally just left someone alone because that's what people come out here to do but I got this overwhelming feeling to check on you .... and that sounded super creepy." We both chuckled. "I'm Warren by the way."
'Abbie.' I wrote in my music pad.
"Well it's lovely to meet you. Like I had creepily said before, I just wanted to check if you were okay."
I nodded with a small smile tugging at the corner of my lips due to his awkwardness.
He looked satisfied to see the small smile on my face. "Okay. I guess I'll leave you to your writing then." With that he turned around and left but not before shooting a smile over his shoulder at me