Chapter 24

We landed in a clearing about a mile or two from the base in the forest that I used to be able to see from my cell window. We all made our way around the table in the middle of the jet to discuss our plan. When I say our plan, I mean my plan.

I let out a breath and rested my hands on the table in front of me before looking up. "We are all going to enter through a hatch in the woods that's to the east of here. There is no security or cameras so they won't be able to detect us until an alarm is set off. We're going to try not to set off any alarm until at least half of the agents are down. There's a lot of men in there and that was back when I was here. If they are starting new experiments, there will be more security. We need two or three people to get into their control room and take over their cameras and security system so no alerts are set off while the rest of us go to free the prisoners. I will tell you the directions when we are closer but I will be leading everyone else around so follow my instructions and the rest of you stay close. Once the prisoners are free, five of us will take them back to the jet while the rest of us go to the main labs and filing rooms to destroy their research. Get in and get out safely, and try not to raise the alarms."

Everyone nodded but Sam cut in and asked, "wouldn't it be better if we surrounded the place and all stormed at once?"
"It's a smart idea and strategy but that will set off the alarms. They have more men in there than it looks. This is the only way in with no security, so we will go in this way."
Sam nodded in understanding and we all got our gear to go into the base. I grabbed a hand gun and two daggers which were in my boots. I knew everyone would protect me but I needed to be prepared incase I had to protect myself. I knew how to use them thanks to the time I spent here in the first place but my powers would come in handy as well. If the agents found out I was back, recapturing me would be their priority as I'm the strongest experiment that they have had and I'm their only successful test subject, ever. Thinking about this, I just hope that all of their new prisoners are still alive.

We all head off to the trap door and I have Steve close to my right, Clint on my left and Kurt following close behind with Tony, Jean and Scott close by to him. When we finally reach it, the trap door was covered in vines and plants. Thor and Bucky tried ripping them off of the trap door but failed tremendously which just lead everyone trying to pull it off. Loki even used his daggers on parts of it but it had grown around the door and into the hinges. Tony was even getting ready to bleats it at one point before Steve jumped in saying it will alert the agents inside. I was having a fun time watching everyone try and pull off the plants but it got to the point where I realised they wouldn't be able to get it off and open the hatch so I stepped in.

"Can everyone stand back for a minute?" Everyone moved away from the door but there was a few grumbles and eye rolls. I sat down on the floor, closed my eyes and held out my hands to the plants over the hatch. Green magic started to trickle out of my hands and finger tips and the plants slowly started to move off of the hatch and grow away from it instead of onto it. When I opened my eyes, my irises where glowing green but they slowly started to fade when I stopped using my magic and they went back to their normal brown with red and orange hues colour. I turned only to find shocked faces from the avengers and knowing looks from the Xmen. "C'mon. We can't just stand here like deer caught in headlights all day." I jumped in first and started to go down the ladder which quickly snapped Steve and Clint out of their daze as they were meant to be with me at all times. They quickly rushed down after me but I was already in the tunnel.

The dark brick walls had green moss growing in the crevices and the curved roof had vines and ivy growing and hanging from the ceiling. It was entwined with each brick and danced around the ceiling above. Darkness engulfed everything and the only light was that coming from the hatch above. There was a small stream of water running on the floor and the air was thick and damp causing my lungs to feel heavy.

Steve quickly came up to my side with Clint only for me to get a lecture from Steve right away. "You can't just run off like that. We are here to look after you and protect you which means you need to stay close to us. You ..."
"I know. I'm sorry but we had to get in here at some point today and with you guys standing around in shock, we weren't going to get in here any time soon. I wasn't going to wander off anyway. I have to lead you guys through here, I can't just wander off otherwise you guys would be helpless without me," I joked. I looked behind him and saw everyone just looking around the tunnel. "C,mon. It's this way." I lead them deeper into the tunnel and deeper into the darkness.

We eventually got to the doors I was waiting for. The door lead to a back hallway that lead straight to the cells while going past the control centre as well so it was a great place to enter from. Plus, there is no security at this entrance but there is a keypad. I pulled of the front of the keypad with one of my daggers and retired it to let us in without alerts setting off. I gestured everyone to follow me through and we all headed towards the cells. We had made it about half way to the cells and we were almost at the point where we would separate so some would go to the control room when a group of five agents started to head towards from around the corner. Clint pushed me behind him in a protective manner and Steve took a defensive stance next to him. While this was happening though, Jean, Wanda and Natasha quickly took care of them before the boys could even blink. I just smirked at them before making my way out from behind Clint and telling Natasha, Tony and Thor the way to the control room. I wasn't fully certain with Thor going with them but they know more about their team than me so I went with it. They left and I continued to lead everyone to the cells without being seen.

As we were getting close to the cells, you could hear quiet sobs and hushed whispers from what I would assume would be the agents. I hushed everyone behind me and reached out my telepathy to the cells. There was 7 prisoners and 4 agents with another 4 just down the next hallway. I then transferred the information to the others with me which lead to Bucky, Sam, Peter and Logan went for the guards in the first hallway while Jean, Wanda, Pietro and Loki going to the second hallway.

The rest of us then got to work breaking the prisoners out of their cells only for the alarm to go off seconds after we get the last person out. Storm, Scott, Vision and the other Scott were about to leave when I stopped them and told a few other people to go with them due to the alarms being set off so the only people left with me were my soulmates minus Scott, Thor and Tony along with Kurt who was the backup to get out of here quickly.

We started making our way to the filing room and their labs after the others left with the other mutants. When we got to the filing room, there were about 15 agents so while the others took care of that, I set the filing room on fire and then put a force field over the room so the fire wouldn't spread. It's only paper files in there that act as backups to all of their computer drives. T'challa was about to walk in to destroy the files when I grabbed his arm and stopped him. He just looked at me with a questioning look and was about to speak when I opened the door to show him the fire. Shock froze him for a few seconds before we headed off to the labs.

By the time we got there, the others had already taken down about 2 dozen other agents. I reached out my telepathy again and sensed 4 against in one labs who were probably scientists but I was shocked when I looked inside the other lab. There were about 30 agents in there and there was another person who seemed quite distressed. She was another prisoner. I instantly turned to Kurt. "There is another prisoner in there. I need you to bamf in and get them and take them back to the jet. Stay with them and make sure they are safe. We'll meet you back at the jet in a bit."
"But..."
I cut Kurt off before he could continue. "Kurt, they can't be in there when we go in and fight the agents. They'll get even more hurt than they already are and we don't know what experiments they've been doing on her in there. You need to get her out of here." Kurt just looked at the floor before nodding and bamfing into the room.

Now I was alone with my soulmates and no backup way out. I had to do this on my own with my soulmates, minus three of them. I could already tell by the looks on their faces that they were about to have a go at me for telling Kurt to leave as they saw him as my only easy escape but I just gestured to them to speak about it later. If something now goes wrong in that lab, I'll have to fight my own way out.