Chapter 20

When it reached 4 o'clock, I went to the back of the school to get Wanda. She was just walking out as I was getting up to the school and we both smiled at each other when we made eye contact. I waved her over to come and follow me and we spoke telepathically about her last lessons since art this morning. She had history, maths, psychology and a lesson on mutants, our genes, history and class system. It was at that moment I knew the question I was dreading was coming. It's not that I'm ashamed of the class I am, it's just I'm worried people will get scared or think of me as dangerous, because I do. When people find out you are a high class, they either use you for themselves or they leave you.

"So, what class are you?" And there it was.
"I was born a class 5 but I went through some things when I was younger that pushed it up to what would be classed as a 7 or 8." She looked a bit shocked for a second before continuing.

"What happened?" I instantly took on a feared expression and looked to my feat. She must have noticed because she said ,"you don't have to answer if you don't want to."
"No, it's fine. You would find out eventually whether it be from a teacher, student or from my memories that you'll see in our lessons. I was taken when I was 14 and I was tested and experimented on by a mutant lab. They took mutants and tried to control them and develop their powers so they were stronger. I was the only one that survived but I was never a successful experiment as my telepathy and force fields stopped them from controlling my mind. The Xmen rescued me when I was 21 and that was just over a year ago now. My life has completely turned around since then but I'm still learning to control my telekinesis, I'm not the best at it."
She absorbed what I was saying and then eventually spoke up and said ,"I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I went through something similar with my brother although they gave us our powers and we weren't mind controlled. We were there to get revenge but that didn't really work out as we now work with the guy." She chuckled to her self and I cracked a smile before she continued. "I could help you with your telekinesis if you would like."
I was quick to accept as I've tried learning with the professor and Jean but it just never really worked out well and I always left the lesson either learning nothing or only being able to contain it and not being able to use it in a controlled way.

We worked for about 3 hours. I would try and project a memory into Wanda's mind and she would have to try and block it out. The first few times it didn't work but she got the hang of it. This was to help her not here everyone's thoughts unless she wanted to. Then we worked on building up a shield in her head so I couldn't see her thoughts. It went well and her shields wouldn't let in an average telepath but I could still get in. Lastly, I asked her to try and get inside of my head and break my barriers that I've built up. That task didn't end so well and Wanda ended up getting a migraine so we stopped there for the day.

"How did you do that? With your shields I mean," she asked.
"I'm a stronger telepath and I have a bit more practice. With more practice, you'll be able to do it easily. I also made my shields to only grow in strength to repel a telepath when they feel someone trying to get inside my head which probably didn't help your situation. You have to be subtle and that takes a lot of focus and more importantly, time, which right now we don't have. Dinner started 10 minutes ago. Come on." I grabbed her hand and started running back to the school with Wanda trailing behind laughing the whole way.

I knew after our lesson that we were going to get along really well and be great friends. Wanda said that we would work on my telekinesis tomorrow but I said that we should have a day off just to make sure her power is back up to full capacity.

When we arrived at dinner, the room was relatively quiet. I quickly projected my telepathy only to find out everyone was talking in hushed whispers about the hero's that came yesterday. It was only at that point that I felt my soulmate marks tingling. I'm going to have to face them at some point and honestly, there's no time like the present. I've had a good day and I still want to try and make things right with Logan so why the hell not. It doesn't mean I have to go and sit with them or instantly start dating them all.

Wanda walked in before I even had a chance to second guess my decision of going into the food hall. I took a deep breath and walked in next to her. We were still chatting telepathically about our lesson and our art projects. I could tell it was only making Wanda's migraine worse so I placed a hand on her arm and decided this was probably my best chance of talking to her. In just the few hours I've know her, I know I can trust her which is a lot for me to do or say. I spoke in a slightly hushed tone as everyone else in the room was. "You know we can talk out loud. It will only make your migraine worse if we carry on telepathically. Plus, I trust you. And yes, even though I've only known you for a few hours, I know you're a good person and someone I could be great friends with."

Wanda just turned and looked at me slightly baffled before embracing me in a hug. We stood there for a few seconds before I interrupted the hug. "Don't get me wrong, this hug is amazing but you do realise I dragged you here because I'm hungry and now you're just torturing me. I mean the food is right there." I gestured behind her at all the food laid out for dinner.

We both just started laughing which caused a lot of eyes to look in our direction but some people stood out to me. My 14 soulmates. I quickly looked away and pulled Wanda over to the food before telling her she's welcome to join me and my friends if she wants but I understand if she wants to catch up with the other hero's as I've basically kidnapped her for the past 3 hours and she has had lessons all day. She decided to go sit with the avengers today and meet my friends tomorrow to which I nodded and we went our separate ways to our tables.

I could feel their eyes on my the whole way to the table and even when I sat down, they didn't leave me once. I started eating in silence as the others were already in the middle of a conversation but Kitty smiled at me and John, Warren and Bobby all nodded in my direction before turning back to the conversation at hand. I sat next to John and across from Warren and Kurt. The seat next to me was always empty as our friend group always sat at the same table so I moved to the spare seat and put my legs on the one that I was just on next to John. He just turned to me confused and then amused before patting my knee and resting his arm on my legs. We've always been the closest due to the way we met and him being the first person I spoke to.

I gradually worked my way into the conversation when it changed to the subject of our mini exams we have in a few weeks. I have to sit exams for English lit and do a small art exam. I don't have to for my psychology degree and law as I'm doing online classes but I do have to write three music pieces on whatever subjects I want but one of them has to be about getting your heart broken or being broken hearted.

By the end of dinner, we were all sitting there laughing and John had almost fallen off his seat twice due to his laughter taking control of him. Thankfully, I either caught him or he grabbed a hold of my legs to steady himself which just caused us to laugh more. The rest of the people in the food room would just star at us judging our actions and the way we were acting in front of the avengers but we couldn't care less. Rogue was now sitting practically on Bobby and Kitty had came and sat behind the eat inbetween me and John. I offered to move my legs but she insisted that if I did, nothing would save John from flying off his chair which just caused another eruption of giggles and hearty laughs from our table. John just had a pout on his face before he burst out laughing as well which just caused all of us to laugh more. It got to the point where I was crying laughing along with Kitty. I could barely see through my eyes anymore and I was out of breath from my laughing. Clutching my stomach, I leaned forward and rested my head on my knees and Kitty laced her head on my back.

When we finally started to calm down, I felt eyes looking in our direction. I quickly darted my eyes around only to find eye not only looking in our tables direction but staring straight at me. I looked down at my lap and started fiddling with the hem of my skirt.

"Abbie. You said you'd teach me some ballet tonight." Kitty cut me off from my thinking.
"Yeah. We will go down to the studio in a bit. I just have a couple of things I need to do her first."
"The professor said we could do it in here if we push the tables back as there is more room and the spare bars are in the storage cupboard down the hall."
"That would be great. Let's say 10 minutes and then we'll meet back here."
"Deal."

The next thing I knew, everyone in our friend group was joining in and we were all meeting back here after dinner for me to teach them ballet. I don't know how the boys are going to do because they aren't the most flexible people in the world but they do have the muscle on their frames to hold positions and lift us girls.

Everyone was starting to filter out of the room so there was less people but certain sets of eyes never once left my table. I excused myself before going and getting ready but not before sending a telepathic message to someone else to come and meet me outside quickly.