Chapter 3

Olivia 

I rubbed my cold hands together in a poor attempt at warmth, it was currently 6am and I was standing alone outside the front of the studio along with the other dancers who were conversing with each other. It Friday, the day before the competition and her heart wouldn't stop trying to give her a heart attack, not just because of the competition, but because she missing school. My phone buzzed in my jeans and I hurriedly pulled it out, it was her dad. I smiled warmly and edged away from the group and to the side of the studio building. 

"Hi dad," I answered shivering slightly at the cold. 

"Hey Ollie, good news!" 

I remembered when Alexandra called me 'Ollie' for the first time and my heart fluttered at the thought of her. 

"What is it?" I asked shaking the thought, "be quick because we're boarding the bus soon."

"I just got confirmation from my boss, I get to attend your competition!"

My face broke out into an uncontrollable grin, "are you serious?" 

"One hundred percent, it starts at 4pm on the Saturday correct?"

"Yeah, yeah, thats right." I confirmed running a hand through her soft hair, "it might be later though because they don't always start on time because of straggling studios and technical issues with music so-"

"Ollie," dad interrupted with an amused tone, "it's fine, your old man can handle himself."

"Sorry," I muttered shuffling on my feet, rambling was always an issue with her. "Where will you be seated?" 

"First few rows, figured it would give me the best view," he answered, 'well the middle would be better,' I thought thinking back to my previous competitions but refrained from saying it. 

"I'll see if I can spot you," I smiled, dad hummed in response. 

"Just focus on your dance alright, now I'll leave you to it."

"Okay, bye dad, love you."

"Love you too Ollie."

He hung up and I stuffed my phone back into my jeans, I walked back to the group with the grin still on my face. I stood by my suitcase with silently with head down and hair covering my face as to hide my smile. 

"Hey Ollie."

I looked up to see Alexandra standing a few feet away with Jazmine next to her. I gave her a small wave in greeting and Alexandra walked to stand next to me, "how're you?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper. Since we had exchanged numbers we had texted almost every night, some of the conversations were short but helped sooth my anxiety when I was with Alexandra in person but just barely. 

"I'm good, a bit nervous though," she replied with a stunning smile. 

'You're perfect, why are you nervous?' I thought to myself looking at my crush.  "Who were you calling?" Alexandra enquired, I did a double take. 

"W-what?" I stuttered. 

"I saw you walk away, and when you came back you were grinning so hard you cheeks were red," she answered gesturing to where I walked away, I made and 'oh' sound. "Was it your boyfriend?" She asked with a cheeky grin, my eyes widened in shock and my mouth dropped open.

"W-what no!" I exclaimed my face heating up, "it was my dad, he's coming to see me dance."

"Oh, that's good I guess," Alexandra said looking away, I heard Jazmine snort, I looked up to her rolling her eyes.