Chapter 7

Olivia's P.O.V

The music ended and I took my leave off the stage. Once in the wings, I started to sprint back into the change rooms. Thoughts started to run rapidly through my mind, 'when is the group dance? I never got the time! Shit, I didn't point my toe enough when I didn't my arabesque! I'm going to have the lowest score for sure!' My thoughts continued to beat me down as every mistake was made visible. 

I rapidly wiped my eyes clear of the tears threatening to come out and make my distress visible.  

"No running in the corridors young lady!"

I turned back to see a backstage lady looking at me with a distasteful frown. I turned back and ran into something solid. I fell to the ground with a loud 'thud,' and the thing I ran into swore. 

"Shit, Olivia I'm so sorry!" 

I glanced up and Alexandra was there, out of breath and her arm out stretched. I grabbed her hand and she hoisted me up to my feet, she still gripped my hand tightly. "W-why are you rushing Alex?" I asked brushing myself off, Alexandra sighed and brought her hand up to run it through her hair but stopped herself.

"For some reason there was a fuck up with the duet music so I have to give the tech guys a USB so they can redownload the music," she rushed out in a breath.

"Well, when is your dance?" I quickly said, still feeling exhilaration from the dance.

"We're 17th so we have to get it sorted now."

Alexandra squeezed my hand and tore off through the corridor. I turned away and picked up the pace to the dressing room. I entered to see Talia, Max and Evie practicing their dance, Ariel was giving them tips with Mrs Reynolds watching them closely. Scanning the room, I found Jazmine in the back pacing, 'is Jazmine okay?' I thought walking to her. 

"Jazz," I called out, her gaze snapped from the floor to me. 

"Hey Olivia," she said continuing to pace, "how did your dance go?"

"Are you okay?" I asked choosing to change the subject, Jazmine shook her head with a little smile. 

"I'm just worried about the whole music ordeal, and annoyed."

"Annoyed?" I repeated, she nodded pinching the bridge of her nose. 

"If there was an issue with the music then they should have let us know before the competition starts, not during the sixth fucking dance!" She exclaimed throwing her hands up. 

"Language!" Mrs Reynolds called out with a sharp look, Jazmine didn't answer and only stared hard at the floor. 

"Anyways, how did your dance go?" Jazmine inquired, changing the subject. 'Horrible,' I thought. 

"Pretty well," I said instead, if I voiced my thoughts then it'll bring them more stress. We had a moment of silence and I looked away nervously.

"I'm back!"  

Alexandra entered the dressing room with a relieved look. "What's the verdict?" Mrs Reynolds asked standing up to greet her. 

"Music's all sorted," Alexandra answered with a slight nod, "there shouldn't be anymore dramas."

She walked away from Mrs Reynolds and to us. She clapped her hand on my shoulder as greeting, I smiled up at her. "How'd it go?" Jazmine asks crossing her arms, Alexandra huffs through her nose.