Chapter 18

Alexandra

Waking up, I yawned into my fluffy pillow. Sleep chased me as I blinked the blurriness out of my eyes, I sat up, yawning again. Looking next to me, Olivia was curled into my second pillow. Her fingers twitched occasionally in her sleep as her long eyelashes dipped over her cheeks and her hair was strewn across her neck and behind her on the pillow. She looked as peaceful as she did beautiful. Smiling to myself, I bent down and kissed her forehead lightly. Olivia hummed in her sleep, mumbling something incoherent before quieting back down making me giggle. Looking at the time on my phone, I winced, 6:23am, only 7 minutes before my alarm time. I groaned, before shuffling out of bed, I watched as Olivia snuggled herself into the warm part of the bed I had left behind. With a cheeky smirk, I took my phone and snapped a photo. 'That's my new wallpaper,' I smirked to myself.

I tiptoed out of the room and quickly showered, dressing in a white bustier top and a rose pink tartan skirt. Brushing my hair into a messy half up style and slipping on shoes, I went downstairs for breakfast. "Usually I just have cereal, but I want to impress Olivia," I muttered to myself. "Do we have eggs? Bacon?" I asked myself, opening the fridge. Five eggs, and a packet of eye bacon, I shrugged, taking them out of the fridge. "Mum can buy more, actually, she'll make the asshole do it." I smirked. "Even better."

As I began to fry the bacon and cook the eggs, Olivia fumbled down the stairs in the corner of my eye. She tiredly slumps on the kitchen island stool and rested her head in her arms, barely humming a greeting. I chuckled to myself. "Good morning to you too," I said. "Did you sleep well?"

Olivia smiled a little, nodding into her arms, turning her head to look at me. As she did, the cheek where she was hit was visible, in place of the red mark was a faint bruise, I winced seeing it. Olivia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What's wrong?" She asked, her voice was thick with sleep and I tapped my cheek.

"Your cheek, it's bruised."

Olivia immediately sat straight and felt for the bruise, wincing when her fingers pressed into it. "Here," I said, taking my phone, I walked up to Olivia and tilted her head, taking a photo of the bruise. Olivia didn't say anything as I returned to the food, plating up the breakfast, placing it in front of Olivia along with a fork. She quickly dug in, smiling contentedly, I felt a little pride swell up. 'Thank God I didn't go for cereal,' I thought, eating my own breakfast.

Flipping through Instagram as I ate, a post from Mrs Reynolds popped up. Curiously, I looked through the photos. "Looks like Mr and Mrs Reynolds went on a date," I said showing Olivia my phone, she looked up from her food and flicked through the photos herself, smiling.

"They look like they had a nice night," Olivia commented and I flicked through the photos again. Mrs Reynolds was in a pretty, light blue dress and Mr Reynolds had a dress shirt and black trousers, they were seated in an expensive looking restaurant and the love between them was clearly obvious. Olivia finishes her food and collects her plate, putting it in the sink. "I'll go get dressed," she said quietly and retreated up stairs. I quickly finished my own food and washed up the dishes from both this morning and the night before.

I checked my phone, and after seeing the time, I walked into my room, not bothering to knock but my jaw went slack and my eyes went wide. Olivia stood in the middle of my room, tying the drawstrings of her grey tracksuits, her top was a long sleeved pink notch neck cropped tee that showed off a strip of her toned stomach and a small bit of cleavage. 'Holy shit,' I thought, of course I had seen her in less but that was only activewear for dance and costumes, but something about seeing her dressed casually like that was different, she always dressed more conservative. "A-Alex? Are you alright-"