Chapter 22

Olivia

I yawned as we wheeled our suitcases for dance costumes into our dressing room. I rubbed my eyes with the heels of my palm and placed my makeup case on the table with everyone else. "Girls, I'm going to give you a few minutes to get settled, then start getting ready alright?" Mrs Reynolds said and she sat herself down on a chair by the make up. I blinked tiredly, trying to rid the sleep from my eyes. It was early, about 9am and we just arrived at the venue for the competition. It doesn't actually start until 10am.

I stood up from where I was and left the dressing room, luckily for me this time the bathrooms were right next to us so I didn't have to ask for permission like last time. Once again, luckily for me, it was empty. I sighed splashing cold water on my face, I let the freezing water drip down my face, allowing it to bring me out of my wearisome state. I looked up at the mirror at my tired eyes, I really wanted to sleep but my own thoughts kept me up and it was almost impossible to sleep with Alexandra, especially with our little make out session.

"You okay?"

I peered up at Alexandra who entered the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. My heart fluttered at the sight of her. "You've been in here for a while," she said leaning against the wall by the counter. I shrugged and picked at my nails.

"Bad sleep I guess," I yawned, Alexandra chuckled.

"I can see that," she grinned. She bounced off the wall and strode over to me until she was right behind me, I looked at her in the mirror with red cheeks.

"I can try and wake you up?" She whispered in my ear. I shivered as she turned me around and pinned me against the bathroom wall, her arms on either side of me. My face burned as she leaned in closer. Alexandra immediately captured my lips and I kissed back. I hooked my fingers through her belt hoops and she gripped my chin pulling me closer, biting softly on my bottom lip, pushing her tongue through. She pulled away and pressed her forehead against mine, I closed my eyes as a surge of euphoria washed over me.

"Hey guys, Mrs Reyn-"

I jolted when the bathroom door opened. I hid behind Alexandra and she looked over, Ashlyn was frozen in the bathroom doorway.

"Yes?" Alexandra questioned impatiently, Ashlyn snapped back to attention.

"Oh, Mrs Reynolds was telling me to check on you two since you were taking a while," she explained. Alexandra nodded in response.

"We'll be out soon."

Ashlyn nodded wordlessly and shut the door, Alexandra turned to me with a smirk making my heart leap. "Now, where were we?"

She kissed me again and I ran my hand through her soft hair. "Alex," I said breathlessly, she kissed me again. "I need to get dressed."

"I can help you," she smirked, I pulled her in for another kiss.

"In your dreams," I whispered then retreating out the door, my shyness returning. I can't believe I just had a make out session in the bathroom, Ashlyn caught us too. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks and I forced myself to move away and back to the dressing room and sit down by my makeup and mirror. Next to me was Ariel, already dressed for her dance.

"Did you have fun on your date?" She asked, not looking up from her phone. 'She sounds annoyed,' I thought.

"A-are you upset that-"

"That you and Alexandra got to go out for the night but we were stuck with curfew? Yes, we all are," Ariel interrupted, finally looking up. 'Shit, she's right,' I realised and my mood crashed. Mrs Reynolds never often shows any kind of favouritism but there have been times when her relationship with me shows through. I've known her the longest out of the girls and out of them all, I have the closest bond with her. 'She's helped me through the divorce and she's always supported me more than just a teacher would,' I thought begrudgingly.