Chapter 2: My Best Friend

I'm feeling decidedely generous... so next chap is here *smiles*

This one contains the letter to Lia

Hope you enjoy:) COMMENT & VOTE... PLEASE just click that little button :)

************************************************************************

Chapter 2: My Best Friend

Lianna POV

I stood in front of the beautifully marked grave with a feeling of love and admiration. All around me were red roses, and large stone pillars that shadowed her resting place. She had given up her life so I could have lived, that was the most powerful thought that filled my mind. I had never known her and hadn’t understood her choices and all that she had endured. Still I was grateful for the love she held for me. I felt it deep within me. It radiated from a place within my being that I could not have pin-pointed.

I clutched tightly to the letter my father had placed in my hand. Sadness and worry emanated from where he and Ronan stood in the shadows of the trees that lined her special resting place. I couldn’t have explained it. It was a feeling, more of a knowing, of what others felt and how they were affected by things. It was emitted from the place where I felt my mother’s undying love resided.

My father had always said she was special. That there was something about her that he just couldn’t have placed. That she affected people in strange ways, and that I was just like her. I believed it to have been true, what he’d said about my mother. But I hadn’t believed it about myself.

I was just an ordinary 10 year old girl. Well I guess not so ordinary, as I was a princess and probably the one of the only half vampire- half humans in existence. Other than that, I was just like the rest of the humans. I was just like Ezra, my best friend and confidant.

Of course I was faster and stronger than him, had better eyesight and hearing, but to me we were the same. I held only joy as I embraced my human side. I had gotten my special gifts from my vampire half and from my human half, I was bestowed the warmth of a beating heart and the endless compassion of the greatest human ever born, my mother.

When a wave of sorrow hit me, I turned to face my two protectors, my two fathers of sorts or as I liked to think of them. They both treated me as though I were some precious gift, something untouchable. I never understood it, their admiration and devotion. They raised me and cared for me together from the moment of my birth. They weren’t alone though. They had Zander and Maria for guidance and help with the ‘human stuff’ as they called it.

They fought over what was best for me, like two parents in a disagreement over my well being. It was always an odd feeling, yet somehow comforting at the same time. I knew though Ronan was my uncle, that he loved me as though I was his daughter. My heart swelled at the protectiveness that radiated from them both. Only I never let on that I had known how they both truly felt.