Chapter 10: Truth or Dare

This is 13 pages on word so YEAH!

Please Enjoy... See what happens to Lia & if she makes up with Ezra :)

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 10: Truth or Dare

Lianna POV

I finished my drink swiftly and slammed the glass down on the bar. Good thing for unbreakable glass. I thought I would have felt better by now, but I thought wrong.

“Bad day?” Shane asked. He was a very nice guy, well vampire. He had blond hair and blue eyes, with a typical surfer look. Not that surfing was a high point for most vampires, but I guess there could always be exceptions. He was hot for an older guy but he was a friend of my Uncle Ronan’s, I guess I meant my other dad’s. I groaned internally at the thought of my fucked up existence. Why couldn’t I have just been normal?

I was thankful that Shane had never ratted me out to my uncle about my occasional drinking. It wasn’t that I was a raging alcoholic, I just enjoyed a drink or two once in a while. Rona would have gone all ‘fatherly’ protective on me if he had found out, which makes a hell of a lot more sense in retrospect.

“More like a bad life.” I muttered, depressed at the thought of my current circumstance.

“You friends with that guy you were talking to before?” Shane nodded toward the dark haired guy from earlier. I felt his concern, it blindsided me. I had no idea what he was so worried about.

“No. He’s just another creep trying to get in my pants, well skirt I guess.” I laughed heartily, but not in an amused way. It was quite often that I had gotten hit on. I guessed Ezra had done me a favor after all when he had stolen my first kiss. To be honest, I was glad when he had done it, only now, not so much because I was left with a myriad of confused thoughts and feelings.

“Do me a favor and stay away from him, huh Lia? That guy is bad news.”  I smiled at Shane and nodded my acceptance of his request. He turned and took another customers order, left me effectively alone and vulnerable. Suddenly I felt an arm around my waist and breath in my ear.

“I thought I told you to fuck off!” I stated snidely without turning to greet the guy who was so bold as to grope me after being rejected.

“Is that any way to greet your best friend?” He whispered smoothly in my ear, his lips so close I could have almost felt them.

“Ezra?” I whipped around and my eyes fell upon him. Indeed, he was here. I leaned in and hugged him, then quickly pulled back with an annoyed expression on my face. I was so relieved that he was here that I had forgotten that I was hurt and pissed at him.

“I’m sorry beautiful. Please forgive me?” He asked, practically begged with a sad yet sexy pout on his face.

“No Ez, you lied to me. Do you have any idea what that felt like?” I shouted, anger fumed from my words. I wanted to slap the shit out of his gorgeous face.

“Lovers spat?” Shane commented with a wide grin. He set a drink on the bar in front of Ezra. Sure, he got a drink without asking, I had to beg for it.

“If by ‘lovers spat’ you mean me murdering my best friend, then YES!” I smirked and shot Ezra daggers.

“Well, if by that, you mean that her and I are actually ‘lovers’, then that would be a NO!” He scowled in my direction. What the hell? I hadn’t decided whether he was pissed at the fact that we weren’t lovers, or just pissed at what I had said. That had not made things any clearer or easier to understand.