Chapter 4: Please Tell Me You Didn't

Ok, so I didn't get much of a response...  but I couldn't wait 'cause this is one of my favorite chapters!!

It is all Ronan & Lia. You will see intensity of their relationship :)

Plus... it's kinda funny & who doesn;t love Ronan!

****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 4: Please Tell Me You Didn’t

Lianna POV

As soon as we had gotten through the front doors, I dropped Ezra’s hand and ran. I hadn’t known why I had done that. I was startled, confused and completely taken by surprise. I still felt the tingle of his lips against mine and the warmth of his body as it pressed into me.

I wouldn’t deny that I had enjoyed it, because I certainly had. It was my first kiss after all. I doubted that I was any good at it, but Ezra’s lips were so soft and skilled. I wondered who he had been practicing on.

What had that kiss meant? Had it meant something to him? Had it meant something to me? I was so unsure. It was the most confusing feeling I had felt in all my life.

I bounded up the stairs and rounded the corner, deeply engrossed in the questions that zinged around my mind. So engrossed in fact, that I failed to have noticed that anyone was near and ran smack into a hard chest.

Startled, I pulled back and stared at the most gorgeous thing I had ever laid eyes on. His russet brown hair fell in waves to his chin in a casual, carefree way. His features were strong and stood out prominently. He looked like a sculpture of Adonis.

Next I took in his eyes. I was breath taken at their brilliant celadon color. It was as if I stared into a lavish sea of lush green vegetation. There was an intensity about them that I could not have denied.

I hungered to have gotten closer and explored all of the secrets that those hypnotic eyes encapsulated. I instantly felt a fire that burned in that part of my being where my powers originated. It was the strangest feeling, but one I certainly could not have identified. Suddenly a soft murmur escaped his lips.

“Excuse me.” He said, head down, then just as suddenly he was gone. I was left alone and in awe of this handsome, mysterious stranger. My eyes were wide and a smile spread across my face. What the hell was that? I had never felt anything like it before.

“Someone’s in a good mood.” A familiar voice mused in my ear as his chin lay lightly on my shoulder. I’d been so caught up in my head that I hadn’t realized anyone had approached me. What was the point of vampire hearing and powers if I hadn’t used them?

“Umm… what?” I shook the crazy, spellbound thoughts out of my head and turned to greet my inquirer.

“That must have been one hell of a visit to the garden.” He responded with a devilish grin. My thoughts returned to the garden and the kiss.

My first kiss… with Ezra. Ezra… my best friend. Surely I enjoyed it. At least I thought I had. But it couldn’t have happened again, not ever. We were friends, only friends, and there was no way I would have ever jeopardized that.

I was uncertain if it was the wide smile that spread across my face or the star struck look in my eyes, but before I knew what happened… he grabbed my wrist, pulled me into his room and sat me on the couch. I fell back into the comfy leather material and propped up my feet as he took a seat in the deep maroon, high back armchair directly across from me.

The crackle of the fire calmed my awe-filled mind. I hated to have been in this position. I had always felt as though I was shrinked by some all-knowing vampire psychiatrist. Of course he starred as inquisitioner and I as inquisitionee.