(2)Extra Chapter

Muzan's Pov

I woke up the next morning and did my usual routine, and as I left my chamber to join and sit with my family around the table for breakfast, my wife spoke.

"Dear, it's your birthday today!" She chortled cheerfully. I completely forgot about that. "You would want chocolate cake, right? It's your favorite, you said so, right?"

I did told her my favorite flavor in cakes were chocolates just to shut her up when we first met.

"Yes, thank you, dear, as always for remembering..."

I was human before so of course I have birthdays but now I'm a different being, I had to maintain my normal human image to deceive her, such as telling her my birth date. I don't see any harm in telling her my real birthday, as a result, we would celebrate it every year.

I glanced towards Tanjirou and he was just eating his food. I checked his plate. His intake of food is improving, could it be he's getting more used to all of this? I hid an amused smile. Good boy. What is he thinking? I'm sure he's shocked to hear it's my birth date.

Time flew fast and it was already afternoon. Here we are in the dining room once again, with a lot of food and small cake as my family sung me a song. Like the gentleman I am, I politely smiled at them, quietly placing a hand on my stomach. Tanjirou was singing a birthday song too but barely. When they were done, it was time for me to speak.

"I am glad to be with my family. My wife, my daughter, my... Son." I glanced towards my little slayer. He was slightly glaring at me curiously so our eyes met. I shot him an innocent smile, before dragging my gaze back to the small candle that sat on the cake, its flame flickering as it gently illuminated the pink spiral pattern that descending down its own figure."There's no much more I can say but I love everyone and I wish we can live together, forever."

That was a short message but my wife, having shallow tears, cried out and embraced me tight. My daughter embraced me too and it was Tanjirou's turn but he didn't moved. So I went to him and bent over, passionately encasing his small figure with my arms.

Once we were done, it was already evening. We didn't have visitors except her family since of course, we had to invite them over to at least eat. As I sat on my chair inside my office, my wife entered, placing a small plate of cake on my table.

"You might be hungry, I will clean the mess downstairs then I can give you my gift!" She giggled before leaving. There's nothing new with her gifts. It's just her and her warm company but I'm craving someone else', someone younger, more innocent, more warmer.

I looked at the slice of cake, grabbed the fork laid beside it and chipped out a small portion. I ate, chewed and swallowed. It tastes horrible for someone like me even though it was soaked with love.

The door opened again and I don't have to look to know who it is, since I can smell his scent. He locked the door behind him and approached my desk.

"Muzan, is it really your birthday today?" He glared.

I didn't took his annoyance personally so I just leaned on my desk and using my fingers this time, since the fork was too troublesome, I plucked another small portion of cake. I didn't ate it, but just stared boredly.

"Yes, we demons were born too at some point. Are you here to lecture me?"

"No... I'm here because I can't believe it."

"We're a happy family now, Tanjirou. Of course all of us would celebrate birthdays." Lazily rising my sight from the cake in my fingers to nonchalantly look at him, I moved my fingers towards him. "Want some?"

He didn't ate any of it earlier.

Releasing an annoyed sigh, he leaned forward and opened his mouth wide. His mouth enveloped around my thumb and pointer finger. I was a bit aroused when his teeth grazed my skin when he had scraped the piece of cake from my fingers. I stared at his obedience in surprise. Without moving my hand from its position, he slightly pulled back. As he chewed, he has this adorable blush on his puffed cheek while glaring at me.

"Happy birthday... I suppose."

"And why are you greeting me?"

"Because I know, no matter how bad someone they can be, they still... Deserve to celebrate their birthdays. I'm going."

I stared at him with wide eyes...

Such an odd boy.

As he rushed out of the office, I stared at the door he had slammed shut, the noise it created lingering inside the room. Still shocked from his adorable behavior, I slowly looked at my hand that I didn't moved. There were crumbles of cake left on my fingers. Smiling, I held the said fingers of mine against my lips.

"Thank you."

(I wrote one about Tanjirou's bday now it's Muzan's turn >w< thanks for reading!)