The Demon Series (part 1)

Tanjirou's Pov

"You're cheating on me with T-Tanjirou?" The wife of the house cried out, her agonizing scream resonating around their room.

My heart throbbed as cold sweat seeped out of my forehead, dripping down my jaw. My lips trembled as I tried to find an excuse.

"Dear, this is not what it looks like." Muzan calmly stepped in, caressing her shoulder. However, due to outrageous resentment, she clawed, drawing crimson lines on that porcelain face of his. His head swung aside as the dark blood crept down.

Muzan's wife kept screaming, punching his chest as I sat there on their bed, where we had an intimate moment as she slept beside us minutes ago.

Suddenly, a pang of pain vibrated down my scalp. Such a strong headache! I pulled onto my hair.

"How could you do this to me? How could you betray me? I thought you love me!"

"I do." Muzan responded quickly, catching me off guard. Did he just...-

Why does it hurt me? He didn't even hesitated answering.

Slowly, I raised my head to watch them. The wife's arms grew limp, gradually dropping to her sides. Those weren't the only part of her that ran out of energy but also her entire body hence she began to sway.

"Why..." Her words came out breathless. "Why...?"

Muzan steadied her by grasping her shoulders. She tried to shoo his helping hands off yet failed.

I observed them silently, watching this event unfold.

I realized, was I the one who ruined their peaceful family? Was it a good choice to try kill Muzan when all he ever wanted was to have a warm home with those he claim to love? Was I selfish? A home-wrecker?

"I suppose it's time you should know. I'm not going to erase your memories. I need you to see what creature your husband truly is."

"What are you saying?" She questioned, her eyes slowly growing when the scratches on his face gradually healed. "What was that...? How did you do that?"

"I'm a God." Muzan responded without a slightest bluff nor hesitation in his tone, "My real name is Muzan Kibutsuji. All you've ever known about me were false. I lurred you into my trap; locked you in a world you didn't know was a cage. I had you stuck between my palms like a pearl I saw and picked up from the ocean during my childhood. You were precious and different. I just had to... Keep you because you're what I need."

"So you're telling me that you're a..." She tried to say until Muzan's demon eyes glowed red. "But still- why are you screwing Tanjirou!?"

Muzan closed his eyes, "I'm sorry. I had to. That was my fault. Please, forgive me."

The most lethal demon to ever exist, actually gives in on a fragile woman?

But why does my chest twists around in pain? As if a heart attack. Was I hurt that he clearly loves her?

"Muzan..." Tears broke from her eyes, "Please tell me if I should trust you again."

Muzan nodded his head, "You can and... You should."

"To prove your love for me... Kill Tanjirou."

My eyes shot wide open. My heart smacked around inside my chest. What was the cause of her sudden change of deamenor?

Muzan was silent for a moment. He's gonna kill me. He's going to follow her!

Trembling horribly, I quickly looked down, hoping they couldn't see me. Hot tears fell from my widened eyes.

This is the end!

"I can't."

Huh?

"What do you mean you can't?"

"He's important too. Have you forgotten? Tanjirou is part of our eccentric family. We can't -"

"I can't believe you! I'll do it myself!" She dashed to the bedside table drawers and fetched a butter knife before leaping on the mattress I was on. We both bounced from her weight, trying not to fall as she wobbled towards me. I looked at Muzan for help. Is he going to just let her kill me after telling her no?

I deserve this anyways.

Muzan watched as she kicked my face.

Crack.

Drip.

Blood. A lot of blood.

I might be bleeding internally too.

My head hung backwards as my drowsy eyes sees her crazy expression as she swung that butterfly knife deep through my chest.

She repeated the action while screaming madly. She had totally lost her sanity.

And after the last stroke of that knife, I've felt my heart completely stop beating.

--

A/n: That's for tonight folks, I'll post a new chappie tomorrow! Have a good day/night! Man, the wife got bananas.