Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides

There was a party for me tonight in honour of my 23th birthday. I was running late for it, of course. I was running late for everything these days honestly. I wouldn't even bothered to have gone to the party if it wasn't for the fact that it was being thrown by my brother. 

Even though we look alike, our personalities couldn't be more different. I'm more lowkey, whereas he's outgoing and always the life of the party. But that's what everyone loves about Jaime. He can make an entire party fun but he's still dependable. I wish I could be more like that.

I finally arrive on Jaime's street, and its packed. Cars flood out of the driveway and all down the street. Most of these people are here more for a party than they are for my birthday, but I don't let that bother me as I make my way to the back of the house where it seems like everyone is. As soon as I can see the pool, I see Tony, one of my brother's friends, jumping off the diving board while doing a shot. I have to admit though, that seems fun. Maybe when I get in I'll be jumping into the pool while doing a shot too.

"Rowan!!" Jaime yells my name from where he's standing next to the sliding glass door that leads to the kitchen.

"Jaime!!" I yell back as I make my way over to my brother.

"Happy birthday!" he says into my ear as we hug. 

"Thank you! Pretty big party here." 

"Well, yeah, people love you." he replies.

I roll my eyes. "I know about fifteen people here."

He grins at me. "By the end you'll know them all."

"I'm sure I will." I grin back. "Im gonna go grab something to drink, I'll be back."

"I think Mike's in there too, get him to make you what he calls his "special drink.'" Jaime says.

I laugh as I head inside. There's no one else in here at all, except as promised, Mike. Mike's back is turned to me as he mixes about four different kinds of alcohol into a jug. As he hears the door close, he turns and looks at me, grinning instantly.

"Whats up little Row boat." he says, coming around to give me a hug. "Happy birthday!"

I laugh. "Thanks, Mike. I hear you're making some drinks in here, do you have one for me?"

"A drink for the birthday girl? Hell yeah." he turns and goes back to his drinks, adding mango juice to the jug. "So, any big plans for your birthday?"

I pull myself onto the counter next to him and all his drinks. "Not really." I shrug. "I guess just this party. I'm not one to go all out."

"Yeah, I know that. But still, pretty kick ass party so far. Lots of people here." he says as he begins pouring me a drink. "Hey I have a gift for you later if you want."

"Oh? What is it?"

"You'll just have to see for yourself after. Meet me in an hour so that you're still feeling it as your birthday comes to an end." he says.

"I'm gonna guess its drugs."

He grins and hands me a drink. "You're damn right it is."

"Well then I accept." I say, grabbing the drink from him. It smells strong yet so fruity and good. And tastes exactly as it smells.

"How great is it?" he asks me.

"Actually super fucking good. Kind of drink to get you fucked up without even realizing it." I reply.

"Ayeeee thats what I like to hear. I'm gonna go share the love with everyone else. I'll see you at 11." he says then heads off with his jug in one hand and a package of red cups in another.