Caraphernelia

As always, I'm backstage watching the opener perform. Dan is working with Tony on some guitar thing so I'm standing with Jaime before he goes on.

As always Jaime is on high energy mode, jumping around trying to psych himself up even more than he already is. Thats what Ive always loved about him. His energy is astounding.

"So, tomorrow," Jaime says in between bounces. "we should go do something fun."

"Yeah, sure. What do you have in mind?"

"I don't know, wanna go play paintball?"

We used to go paintballing all the time when we were younger. We went so much that we each eventually found our own special killing track. Essentially just a song that hyped us up to shoot one another.

"Oh fuck yea!" I yell. "That'd be great."

"I figure itd be nice if it were just the two of us." he says.

I agree. "I'd like that honestly."

"Nice." he says, putting one of his ear pieces in. "Well, I gotta head on there in a sec."

I hadnt even noticed that the other band had finished their set. Between thinking of Dan and Mike, and then talking together Jaime, the bands set had gone by in what felt like ten minutes.

"Have fun." I say as I lean in for a quick hug.

The rest of the band gathers on the side of the stage with us. I make brief eye contact with Mike, but I break it almost immediately.

"Good luck, guys!" I say before they all run onto stage.

I watch them through their set, still in awe by how good they are. They do so many shows and yet they never miss a single beat. They're never off by even a second. They've legitimately perfected their craft. And they do it all while jumping around and having fun! They deserve way more hype than they get. Not that they don't get a lot, because they do. But they deserve to be even bigger.

As always, the set is over quickly and all of us wait for the venue to clear out before we leave. The guys are covered in sweat and tired, so they don't go out. I still do, though. Dan and I decide to go grab something to eat.

We end up at a cute little diner.

"You know," Dan says as he pops a fry into his mouth. "this is probably one of the best tours I've been on."

"Oh?" I say, raising an eyebrow. "What makes this one better."

"Hmm... probably you."

I blush. Hard. "Well arent you slick."

He laughs. "No, Im serious. You make it better."

I shrug. "I am pretty great."

"I honestly was surprised to find out you were single."

"Whys that?"

"Well, you're hot. You're fun, funny, sweet, you're everything good."

I roll my eyes at him. "I'm okay on a good day."

"Nah, you're great." he says, grabbing my hand. "When Mike told me you were single, I for sure thought he was kidding."

"Wait, Mike told you I was single?" I ask. "Just out of nowhere?"

"No, I mean, I asked him. He said you werent seeing anyone."

I really hadn't see that coming. Dan and I started hooking up back when Mike and I were, I thought maybe he wouldn't have wanted me seeing someone else. But then again I guess he didn't care anyways. Or maybe he was playing off how much he cared? I dont know. I cant keep track of Mike or his mind. And I dont have to anymore! Not my problem.

"But youre seeing someone now?" Dan says.

"What? No? Who?"

He looks at me like I'm dumb. "Me. You're seeing me. Right?"

"Oh! Yeah!" I say with a laugh. "I'm seeing a lot of you too."

"You can see more later." he says with a wink.

Sky Under The SeaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara