The New National Anthem

Mike has yet another girl over. He sits there with her, one arm around her, the other on her thigh. I cant help but roll my eyes.

Does she really think he loves her? He doesnt even care. I wanna tell her that, I wanna yell it across the room at her, but I know thatd just cause trouble, so I stay silent.

I shouldnt care anymore. Its been two weeks since I last spoke to Mike. Two full weeks. It shouldnt matter what hes doing, Im done with him.

But still, watching her fawn over Mike is really pissing me off.

"Row, you wanna get out of here?" Dan asks, leaning down.

I take one last look at Mike and his girl then drag my eyes away from them.

"Yeah, lets go."

I let him take my hand and pull me away from the group.

We decide to go for a little walk around the city. Since neither of us have been here before it was nice to walk around and discover parts of it. Its always nice to see new things, especially with someone like Dan.

"So," he says as we walk past yet another church "you're still into Mike, right?"

"What?" I'm surprised he noticed.

"I see the way you look at him. Especially when hes with someone."

"No, Im not into him. Im just confused about where I stand with him."

I can tell hes not buying it.

"We were friends for so long, and hooked up, now its just weird. I wanna find a way to get back to friends again." I explain.

"I get it." he says. "Something like that happened to me before too. You need to realize that Mike doesnt care. Mike doesnt care about anyone but himself."

He doesnt know Mike like I do. I know that. Mike told me he loved me and I think he meant it. God, I miss him.

"Row, dont waste your time on someone like that."

"Why do you hate him so much?" I say, my tone coming out harsher than I intended.

"I saw him play around with your feelings while he was fucking other people. I heard him say that he loved you, but the very next night he was fucking two other people. So no fucking wonder I don't like him."

I didnt know Mike was fucking other people when we were hooking up. I didn't know he fucked other people the day after he told me that he loved me. I feel so lied to.

"I'm sorry." Dan says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I mumble.

We decide to cut our walk short. When we get back to the bus I dont even look at anyone, I just head straight to my bunk, put some music in and ignore everything around me. I dont wanna talk to anyone right now, I dont even wanna hear them. I especially dont wanna hear Mike talking to that girl. I dont wanna think about Mike. He was such a mistake.

Thank god theres only four more weeks left in this tour. Soon I wont have to see him again.