Yeah Boy and Doll Face

It's been a week since the party and Mike issue. Oddly enough, it's been easy to forget. Between work and university graduation coming up, I've been too busy to even think of it in my head. I keep looking at my phone, though, expecting, or maybe just hoping, for a text from Mike. Just something that lets me know that we're okay again. I want us to be back to normal. From before we ever kissed. I hope we can get back to it eventually.

I push my worries out my head as I enter the restaurant where I'm meeting a friend at. She's already there, early as always.

"Hey, Eva!" I say as I hug her.

I know I'm impartial, but Eva is gorgeous. She's 5'6, with the thickest, wavy black hair ever. Not to mention her body. She's one of those women who were blessed with such a nice natural figure, and natural beauty. Her blue eyes are especially killer the more and more tan she gets.

"Hey, girl." she greets me back. "I already ordered us drinks."

After being friends for eight years, we can pretty much order anything for each other now. We truly know every and anything there is to know about one another.

"You're the best." I say.

Throughout supper we talk about what we've been up to, we talk about my graduation in three weeks, we reminisce about the "olden days."

"Sorry I couldn't come out to your party last week." she says. "I know I've apologized a million times already, but still. I'm sorry."

I laugh. "It's okay, it wasn't much anyways."

"Was Vic there?" she asks.

She, like many others, has always had a thing for Vic. I can't say I disagree with her, Vic is definitely cute. Doesn't hurt that he can sing and play guitar either. That stuff drives women crazy for some reason. I'm not exactly immune either.

"He was." I answer. "I even made him coffee the next morning."

She raises her eyebrow at me. "Oh?"

"No, nothing like that. Not with Vic."

"Good." she says with a smug smile. "He's mine."

I roll my eyes at her. "You've only met him like four times. He's not yours."

"Not yours either." she says. "I'm starting to think no one is yours. You haven't been with anyone in years."

"Not since Liam." I say with a shrug. "Guess I'm not interested in the whole 'being with someone' thing."

"I get that. Its hard to date." she says. "Hey if you don't have any plans, we should go get drinks!"

I agree with her. We gather our things up and leave the restaurant, heading towards downtown area where all the bars are. No doubt the bars will be packed. Its only 9:30pm,  but its a Friday night and people love to party here.

We choose a bar that we used to go to all the time when we first turned 21. When we turned 21, we went out every single weekend for three months straight. Now we go out once every three months if anything.

"Oh my God!!" Eva exclaims suddenly. "Vic's here!"

I turn around to where she's looking and sure enough Vic and Tony are sitting in the back.

"Lets go say hi!" she says, grabbing my wrist and leading me there before I can protest.

"Hi guys!" I say as we approach, trying my best to look normal as I look around to try and see if Mike is here.

"Hey!" Vic says. "How're you guys doing?"

"Oh, so good!" Eva says. "We're surprised to see you guys here."

Vic shrugs. "We just decided to come have a little night out. Long day, so we're relaxing here."

"Jaime and Mike will be here soon." Tony says to me, probably having sensed why I was looking around. 

"I don't think we're sticking around for that long actually." I say.

Eva gives me a look. "But we can definitely stay for an hour or two." she says then sits down next to Vic.

I sigh and sit down as well. I pray that Mike shows up only after we leave.

"Do you guys have a tour planned soon?" Eva asks.

"Next month, actually." Vic says.

This is news to me. Last week I hadn't even heard of this tour. Usually Jaime will mention it to me right away.

"We just finalized it before." Tony adds.

"So much fun!" Eva says. "Where about?"

They talk details of the tour while I sit there and think of how much it'll suck to be far from my brother again. Thankfully its just an American tour and its only three months, but still. Thats a long three months when you think about it.

"Anyone up for shots?" Vic asks.

"Yeah, I'm ready for five or six of them." I say.

Vic laughs and gets up, heading to the bar to get us all drinks. We make small talk while he's gone, talking about the tour and life in general. Vic comes back with about 20 shots and places five in front of me.

"Drink up." he says.

"Vic! I was kidding!" I reply with a laugh.

But hey, I'm not one to turn down free alcohol, especially when its meant specifically for me, so I down them all. The taste is so bad and it burns, but at least I'll be feeling good in a couple of minutes.

"Damn, at least wait for us." Jaime says, coming up from behind me with Mike beside him.

Mike doesn't even glance at me.  I guess he's still pissed.

They settle in, Mike taking the only spot left which is right next to me. He pulls his chair closer to Vic's, and as a joke I pull mine closer to him. Trying to break the ice doesn't work, though. Instead he gets up and says he needs a drink then heads to the bar.

"Wonder who's got him drinking like that again." Vic says. "Haven't seen him that pissed off in years."

I roll my eyes and hope no one notices.

In my opinion he's being a little dramatic. I know that I hurt his feelings, but he's over doing it. Who gets that upset over something like that, especially coming from someone who hardly even knows them? Sure I've known Mike for years, but like he said last week, I don't even really know him. 

"So," Jaime says, turning to me. "Vic told you about the tour, right?"

"Yeah, he did. I'm surprised you didn't." I reply.

"I was gonna wait a little." he says. "I was actually hoping you would come with us. You'll be just graduated so I was hoping you would come on it and take a little break. You deserve it after how hard you've worked at school."

"Oh." I say at the same time that Eva says "YEAH! You gotta!"

"I mean, it would be fun." I say.

"You haven't been out with us in awhile." Tony adds.

"Yeah, fuck it. I'll come!" I say.

Just then Mike comes back with his drink, sitting down in the middle of our excitement.

"What'd I miss?" he says.

"Row's gonna come on tour with us!" Jaime says excitedly. 

Mike glances sideways at me. 

"This is gonna be fun." he says.

 Only I catch the hint of sarcasm in his voice.