Chapter 1

2nd POV:

~3 months ago~

Your eyes were heavy while you were in and out of consciousness. The only glimpse you got while your eyes were half way open was your mother in the driver's seat. Her face was rested on the steering wheel causing the horn to roar loudly.

"M-Mom..." You finally blacked out as the echoes of sirens were heard from a distance.

The next day you woke up with your head pounding. You looked around and realized you were in a hospital confused and dazed. You then soon remembered what happened. You start to panic with only the worst to fill your head. You began to worry about your mother who was no where near you.

A doctor that had been taking care of you walked in with a clipboard in his hand.

"Your awake." The doctor spoke as he made his way toward you.

"What happened? Where is my mom? Is she okay? Please tell me she is okay!" You begged the doctor to tell you about your mother.

"You and your mother got in a terrible car crash and you now have a mild concussion." The doctor pauses. "I'm sorry y/n. But your mother didn't make it." The doctor looks away from you and sits in silence.

You were now in a frozen state, your mind couldn't comprehend that your mother had past away just like that. You didn't want to believe it, you hoped this was all just one sick prank. That someone would pop out and tell you it's just a prank with your mom popping out to. You didn't want to believe it. Your mother was all you had left.

The doctor decided it was best to let you be as he walked out of the room.

As the terrible news started to sink into your shattered heart, you began to let out the tears you've been holding back. Your sobs were only to be heard by you.

——

~ present day ~

Three long months had past since that tragic day you would never forget. Since then your aunt and uncle on your mother's side decided to take you into their household.

You were very grateful to your aunt and uncle but it just wasn't the same. Every day since that day you had been in a depressed state. You would never get out of bed, you hardly ate, your family hardly saw you and your grades were dropping.

Your aunt and uncle were deeply concerned for you and felt terrible that they couldn't be their for you because of their busy schedule with work. But there was one family member that didn't leave your side even though you tried pushing him away, your cousin Jisung.

Jisung was a year older than. He was always there for you anytime you were alone and had no one there, you two were best friends. Your family wasn't big and since your mom had past it was only you, your aunt and uncle, and your cousin. But since your aunt and uncle were never home it was just you and Jisung.

Though these depressed three months Jisung took the roll as a big brother and never left your side and took care of you. You were internally grateful.

——

Y/n's 1st person POV:

*beep beep beep*

I woke up to my alarm on my phone going off at 7am in the morning and I quickly hit the snooze button and try to get at least 5 more minutes of sleep.

"Wake up sleepy head!" I hear my cousin Jisung's voice as he barged into my room.

I moan at his response as I cover my face with the blanket. He pulls the blanket off of me and revealing me curled up in a ball. He grabs one of my pillows and starts to wack me with it.