Chapter 18

——

~ Wednesday ~

A couple of days went by since Chan and I spent the whole day together. I loved spending every second with Chan, I would never want this friendship I had with him to ever go away. And maybe someday we could be in a relationship, which always caused me to blush every time I thought about it.

"Morning babygirl." I was greeted by Chan when I walked into the kitchen to grab a water before school.

"Morning. What are you doing up this early?" I walk to the fridge to grab a water.

"Well I woke early so I could make you a lunch for school." He gives his signature dimpled smile my way.

"Aww~! Chan, you didn't have to." I always loved his random sweet gestures.

"I wanted to, I would do anything for you." Chan comes up to me from behind and wraps his arms around me.

"I would do the same to you too." I smile to myself, loving being in his arms.

We stood there for not long because I had noticed the time on the microwave. I was going to be late for school.

"Shoot! I have to get Jeongin!" Chan lets go of me and I quickly run up stairs to grab Jeongin.

I grab him from upstairs and we quickly run down the stairs with our backpacks, before we ran out of the house I remembered Chan packed me a lunch. I hurry to the kitchen to grab the bag until Chan takes it.

"Chan! I need to go!" I try to grab the bag from him but he kept raising it where I couldn't reach.

"How about you give me a goodbye kiss before you go?" Chan smirks in my direction, I was a little surprised from the bold move he was pulling.

I roll my eyes. "Fine."

I gave him a soft peck on the lips and he gives me my lunch bag with a smile, leaving me blushing.

"Have a good day at school." Chan says goodbye with a smile and his blushed cheeks.

Jeongin and I go to school and the whole way there was silent.

I try to talk to him but he seemed off, he wasn't his usual teasing smiling self. He only gave me one worded answers.

——

Through the school day Jeongin would hardly even talk to me, especially in class. He would always find a way to talk to me in class even when the teacher would scold him for talking in class.

It was the end of the school day on our way home from school.

"Jeongin? What's going on? Is everything okay?" I couldn't take it anymore I had to know what was going on.

"It's nothing." He kept his focus on the road in front of him.

"Jeongin you know you can tell me." I place my hand on his shoulder with worried eyes and he just brushed my hand away from his shoulder.

The rest of the way was silent, I decided to let him cool down a bit before asking again.

I then get ready for volunteering at the Hospital. Since Jeongin isn't on speaking terms with me for who knows why, I decided to take the city bus.

——

A few hours have gone by at the hospital, today was one of the busiest days. There were more patients than normal, which was kinda sad because none of these people deserved to be in such pain.

After my shift for volunteering I wanted to stop by Chan's grandma's room. I walk up to the room and knocked before walking in. Before I could say hello I noticed no one was in the room. The first that came to my mind was she could be under surgery.

I left the room and went up to my boss just to check.

"Jiyoung? Where is the patient that stayed in room 21?" I was curious, I hoped hopefully she was able to leave this hospital and be done with surgeries.

"Oh, you were a friend of hers right?" I nod my head nervously. "Well I'm sorry to say this but she recently passed away this morning." She places her hand rubbing my back in a sign of comfort.

My eyes began to become teary but I didn't let them fall, even though I didn't know her for long, I was able to grown attached.

After trying to hold tears back, my mind went straight to Chan.

"Jiyoung! Did her grandson Bang Chan come in at any point today?!" I was worried about him.

"I'm sorry I wouldn't know, I came in to work when you arrived. I recently just found out about her passing." She continued to comfort me.

"I need to go find jisoo, she was her nurse.." I quickly ran down stairs to the main floor where I would most likely find Jisoo.

Once i made it too the main floor, i looked around to see if i could spot out Jisoo.

I spotted her at the front desk going through some paper work.

I walked over to her, making my presence known.

"Hey Jisoo..." She turned to look at me and she immediately looked glum.

"Hey, you're... y/n, the volunteer that .. that knew patient in room 21?" I nodded.

"By any chance, would know if her grandson Bangchan came in?" She slowly nodded her head with a sad expression.

"He did, and he didn't take it well.." I looked down, wiping the tear that creeped in.

Jisoo noticed i was upset and pulled me into a sweet hug.

"Im so sorry love.. you lost her too.." Her hug became tighter.

"Thank you, means alot." We pull apart from the hug and we say a polite bye before i take off rushing to the city bus.

I impatiently wait for the city bus to get here, hoping Chan had gone home.

I knew he wasn't going to be okay after this.

I was finally on the bus waiting for the the bus to come to a stop. I was constantly texting and calling Chan to see if he was okay but no response.

The bus came to a stop and I got off the bus. I sped walked the rest of the way home.

"Is Chan home?" I close the front door behind as I go up to Jisung who was sitting on the couch with Minho.

"No, why?" Jisung questioned as he turned around to look at me.

"Has he been home at all?" I asked, pulling my phone out and dialing again, much more worried.

Yet,  he didnt answer once again. And my facial expression showed how worried i was.

"I haven't seen him all day, why what's going on?" Jisung then got up and began to hug me worriedly.

"Chan isn't okay. His grandmother passed away this morning and I don't know where he is, he won't answer his phone, and im starting to get worried." I was now rambling on to Jisung as i went unnoticed telling Jisung about Chan's grandma.

"It's okay, he'll come home soon. He just needs some time." Jisung hugs me tighter as he rubs my back in comfort.

"Hey Jisung, I need your hel-." I then hear Jeongin come from upstairs. "Whats going on? Y/n are you okay?" Jeongin quickly came to where the three of us were.
——

Sad chapter (,). Have a great day!!!! ~()