Chapter 6

——

Jisung and I were walking on a trail in a forest while we had a conversation in broad daylight. Jisung just kept making me laugh and wouldn't stop talking about Minho which made me roll my eyes with a smile.

As we continued along the trail I see something in the distance hidden between all the trees.

"Jisung? Do you see that?" I ask, pointing in the direction.

"See what? Y/n, your crazy." Jisung lets out a laugh that echoed through the forest.

"I'm not crazy!" I look towards him and let out a pout.

I looked back in the direction where I saw the thing and it was gone. Jisung and I continued our hike and Jisung stopped.

"Why did you-?" He cuts me off.

"You should follow her." Jisung looks straight into the deep forest having me confused on what he was saying.

"Follow who?" Jisung didn't look at me once, instead he answered me by pointing in the direction he was looking at. My eyes follow where he was pointing and I saw this figure standing deep in the forest, unable to see who it was exactly.

"Why do you want me to follow-?" I look back at Jisung but he disappeared. "Jisung? Jisung?! This isn't funny come back!" I try to call out to him. "Fine! Be with your kind! You stupid squirrel!" I yell out hoping he would hear me.

I slowly look back in the direction where I saw the figure but was closer than before. I was terrified.

"W-Who are y-you?! S-Stay a-away!"  I yell out to the figure who was walking even closer. I was about to make a break for it until the figure looked familiar.

"Mom?"

The figure walked closer revealing it's face into the light that shined through the tall trees. It was my mom. Same face.

The figure that looked like mom quickly turned around and ran the opposite direction I was in.

"Wait! Mom! Come back!" I run after who seemed to be my mom.

I run through the darkness of the forest, tripping and tumbling over tree roots sticking out of the ground.

As I was running after her, she was getting farther and farther than me. At this point I wasn't able to see her anymore. But that didn't stop me from running after her. I then reach an opening out of the forest where it was now night with the moon raising high in the sky.

There I see my mom standing there with her back turned on the edge of cliff that seemed like a long way down.

"Mom!" I call out to my mom with tears in my eyes.

She doesn't say a word, she doesn't turn to face me. I slowly walk closer to her until I start to run faster as I see the figure with the same face as my mom disappeared as she jumps off the cliff.

"'Mom!"

——

I break out of my terrifying nightmare and I quickly sit up breathing heavily and heart raising. I start to to feel my face to see if I started to cry in my sleep. There were no sign of tears that escaped but my eyes did become watery.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" I hear a familiar soft tired voice from behind me and realized that I fell asleep on Chan. My face start to blush but with my mind still on that nightmare.