||2.

This chapter is dedicated to Gamma_Leesha for the amazing cover.

Enjoy.

• • •

                || Felix's POV ||

After the automatic bell rang, I hurried out of the class, leaving my two best friends behind and went straight to chemistry lab.

I loved working at the Chemistry lab, especially after school hours, when I have no practice. I decided to arrange the equipment at its rightful place, since we'd be using the lab tomorrow.

While arranging the tubes, a kid not less than thirteen walked up to me.

"Senior Felix," The junior called. I lifted a brow at her, indicating for her to speak. "Mr Paul asked me to get you. He's at his office." I nodded and gestured for her to leave the lab, since it wasn't meant to be opened to students after school hours.

Mr Paul, a chubby man in his mid-forties. He was a genius, well that's what I called him. He happened to be the Chemistry teacher and he was pretty good at his job. I decided to go over to his office to find out what he actually wanted from me.

His office wasn't too far from the Chemistry lab so it only took me few seconds to arrive at his office. I knocked twice at the door, before opening it.

Once inside the office, I could see that Mr Paul was busy with series of text books. I began to debate in my mind if it was okay to interrupt him. But he did send a junior to me, so I guess it was alright to interrupt him.

"Good afternoon, Mr Paul." I greeted as I stood in front of his desk. Mr Paul lifted his head to look at me, as a small smile crept on his face.

"Felix, thank God you're here." He leaned back on his rotating chair. "Could you get me your chemistry note book? I need to cross check something important." I nodded my head and excused myself, so I could go over to the class and grasped my chemistry note.

Not to brag but teachers, especially Mr Paul, loved using my notes to make corrections. Cause of that, I don't usually use the class timetable. I'm always with all of my notes in my backpack, just in case a teacher is asking for my note on a particular subject. Just like today.

I decided to walk down the stairs, cause that was the only route to get to my class. Not looking at where I was heading, I bumped into someone. I looked down to see Eno, looking up at me.

Eno, the one girl that was hated by all. She was arrogant and nasty. She was so full of herself in every single way. Sometimes, I call her a waste of beauty.

Harsh, I know. But that's what she was, a waste of beauty.

Sometimes, I wondered why God would let so much beauty dwell on a nasty human. It never seized to amaze me on how cruel she could get.

Though she might not be the smartest girl you'd ever know, but she was pretty good when it came to basketball. She was actually their captain, and also the female sport prefect. I was about opening my mouth to speak, when she decided to beat me to it.

"I was about to ask if you were blind, but I can see that you're not. So do the world a favour, and not act like a dumb blind old man."

I saw as her eyes scanned my face with disgust, and that made me to laugh.

Did she just called me dumb?

"A girl who had all C's on her result the previous term, is calling me dumb?" I fired back with raised brows. I was ready to put her in her place. But when I remembered the task Mr Paul had sent me to do, I decided she wasn't worth my time. I quickly cleared my throats. "Look, I'm not in the mood for your childish behaviour. I'm in a hurry."