||39.

Hey peeps! Thanks so much for the 20k reads on THE WRONG GIRL. Love that you guys are actually enjoying it.

This chapter is dedicated to two readers, suzzyjames and Estmay

Enjoy.

                                 • • •

                   ||Felix's POV||

"Who's Osas?" Detective Ogbonnaya enquired, to Shade. Mr and Mrs Ekanem both looked at Shade.

"What has Osas got to do with all of this?" Mrs Ekanem asked.

Shade who had been quiet and only spoke when needed, opened her mouth again. "Osas always had problems with Eno." Shade began, as her eyes landed on Mr and Mrs Ekanem.

"Problems?" Mr Ekanem spoke, for the very first time.

"Yes daddy," Emem said to her father. "And that's the reason why you haven't seen or heard Eno, speak about Osas.

"It was that bad?" Mrs Ekanem asked. Emem did nothing but nod her head.

"Go on," Detective Christian, said to Shade.

"Osas had threatened Eno once, which was before the inter house sport, and she also threatened her after the game." Shade took in some breaths. "This was Osas' exact words, after she had let Eno sprain her ankle. 'You'll regret ever being on my hateful list'."

"And after she had said those words," Shade continued. "Things went back to normal. Time flies, and the next thing we knew was seeing a boy with Eno's bloody sport wear."

"Had Eno and Osas been enemies right from the start?" Detective Christian asked.

"No," Sofia decided to answer this time. "The four of us, were best friends. But it turned out that Osas, had always been friends with Eno, cause she wanted to boost her social status. She had always been jealous of Eno and had never failed to make Eno's life a mess."

"All this happened when?!" Asked a confused Mrs Ekanem.

"I see," Detective Ogbonnaya nodded, ignoring Mrs Ekanem as he wrote down the new information. He looked at the principal again, "Get a teacher to bring Osas here."

The principal nodded and did as instructed. Soon, a teacher walked into the room but Osas wasn't with her.

"Where's Osas?" The principal asked quizzically.

"I searched for her everywhere, but couldn't find her." Said the teacher. Detective Ogbonnaya wrote down her statement, before instructing her to leave.

"That would be all for now," Detective Ogbonnaya said. He and detective Christian, rose up from their seats, and then closed their writing pads. They each placed the writing pad on their various briefcases, before zipping it up.

"Thank you detective," The principal said.

"Please," Mrs Ekanem pleaded. "Find our daughter."

"We will," Detective Christian assured her. "We will be here tomorrow, for more questionings. Hopefully, Osas would be here for the interrogations."

We all thanked the detective and then excused ourselves, before leaving the room.

                            • • •

The next day came by slowly, cause I couldn't sleep the previous night. I tried so hard to think about the person behind Eno's disappearance. My Dad's case wasn't helping matters either. He had showed up at auntie Chidinma's door step, just to plead with mother. Good thing I was there in time, to push him out of the compound and out of our lives.