Chapter n°3

I stare at Oikawa Tooru as if he's gone crazy. Huh?? Is he joking around? Wind plays with my messy ponytail and the stripes of my pom-poms which are still being held by him and me trying to get them from him. The sun going down already hits my eyes making me wink while watching the guy standing close in front of me in silence.
"Wha-" I begin to speak still looking directly into his eyes which seem dead serious but loud noise interrupts me.
"Nee-chan!" Tobio's voice breaks the silence between me and the captain making us both look in my brother's direction. As he spots me and Tooru both holding onto my cheer tools he stops and stare at us confused. I pull my pom-poms quickly taking in advantage that the male seems surprised as well. As soon as he lets go of them he looks at me again with the playful grin of his.
"Hello, Tobio-chan! How are you? I heard you failed your exams." He looks at my brother asking him with the sweet voice I know that well. I can't help but think about the serious side he has shown me few seconds ago.
"..." Tobio stays standing on spot probably not knowing how to answer. I know there is this rivality between them but also my brother doesn't like the way Tooru treats him all the time. Like he is no threat to him at all when it comes to...well anything. I know that this guy is hella annoying and egoistic but not all the time. But not everyone get to see the soft and nice side of him. I had the chance to grow up next to him so I know nearly everything about him. Or at least I used to. Now he confuses me.
"What is it, little brother?" I finally stop scanning Tooru's side profile as he watches my brother and look at the setter as well. Openning small gate to our house I glance at my childhood friend.
"It was nice seeing you again, Tooru. Get home safely." He just smirks at me but I can tell he has more to tell me. 'We are not done talking yet.' That's what his eyes say as we look at each other our eyes locking till I turn around. I walk past my brother silently and let out deep sigh when he closes the main door.
"...what the hell was that about? What's he doing here?" Tobio takes my school bag to help me moving into living room. I sink onto the sofa closing my eyes and rubbing my temples.
"I don't know, seriously. He's just shown up at school out of the blue... So what did you want to tell me?" Openning my eyes I look at Tobio who sits next to me and looking much better than the last time I saw him.
"...we got a sollution. I'm going to correct the exam and go to Tokyo as soon as I'm done." He doesn't look as excited as I would expect.
"That's great! I knew there would be a way!" Honestly, I had doubts about this weekend training camp in Tokyo but it makes me happy for them knowing they will be able to go there eventually.
"Yeah...well...we need someone to drive us...to Tokyo...when we finish the correction..." Tobio mutters under his breath looking at the floor avoiding my look. I just raise an eyebrow.
"Are you trying to ask me to drive you and Shōyō to Tokyo? From here? Are you crazy?" I smirk not even slightly considering this option. I got my driving license only recently, there is no way I could drive all the way to Tokyo from here. I can tell my brother is struggling in his mind as he closes his eyes which looks like some kind of meditation. Suddenly he jumps in front of me grabbing my hands.
"Please! I beg you, take us to Tokyo!" He bows deeply while still holding my hands and giving them hard squeeze which is quite a shock for me because...yeah well my brother never begs me. Never. I stand there in shock letting him hold my hands as my mind tries to process the situation. Finally I leave out deep sigh.
"Ughh, fine! Whatever!" I groan pulling my hands away pretty annoyed. Tobio looks at me with sparkles in his dark eyes.
"Really! Thank you very much, nee-chan!" He calls me like that only whenever he wants something.
"You know that it's been only few months since I've gotten my licence! You can't blame me if anything happens!" I point my finger at him before turning around and walking to my bedroom.

Alarm at my night stand says it's 1am. Staring at my room ceiling I repeat the situation from the afternoon in my head over and over again.
"Why don't you go out with me?" His eyes and voice and hair and.... ugh he's gotten so mature and... so hot. I let out small groan and ruffle my raven black hair. Bitting my lower lip I reach for my phone and unlock it. Thinking about Oikawa Tooru is harder than ever. We used to be good friends, like really good friends. He was always nice and kind to me, he always had taken care of me. We both parted our ways when we reached puberty years. He chased after girls and I was struggling to become pretty. Pretty for who though? Closing my eyes I imagine myself next to Tooru. Maybe I was trying to look pretty for him. But was it never enough for him? Why is he interested in me now? Because I got prettier? Maybe...was Tooru my first love? I never though about that since he has never shown any interest in me so I didn't even dare to tell him about how I feel. I just wanted to keep my friend close to me.
Thoughts like that kept flying inside my heaf till I finally fell asleep.

  -time skip-
   It's saturday morning and I'm just drinking my coffee leaning on kitchen counter. Tooru left me tens of messages and even tried to call me. I never answered or picked up the phone. I was trying to convince myself that he only fooled my head for a bit and it will vanish eventually after a while. I wanted to believe it. I asked myself many times why don't I just date him? But I know him. He is really nice and passionate but...I just don't feel right about us being together.
   My eyes land on big clock hanging on the wall. It's time. Putting coffee cup down I reach for my bag and car keys. I'm pretty nervous, it's the first time for me to drive all the way alone to Tokyo. I used to switch with my parents when we went for a trip. I walk outside and open the car. Tossing my bag on the back seat I get inside and fasten my seatbelt. Turning the engine on I grab the steering wheel tight and make my way to Karasuno High. It's nice weather today which makes me at least a bit calmer. Wearing my Karasuno High cheerleader t-shirt and simple black sweatpants I get comfortable on the seat. I already tied my hair into high ponytail before getting in the car. The moment I reach the school I can already see the two dumb heads running towards me waving with their arms. I only smirk and roll the window lower.
"Cmon, Tokyo is waiting!"