Chapter n°22

"KA-RA-SU-NO!"
"GO! GO! KARASUNO!"
As we stand at the bleachers and cheer on the team we also watch the boys trying their best to defeat the first opponent. Johzenji High is pretty good but by watching them I can tell they lack something which is crucial for the play against Karasuno. Maybe the will or seriousness. I wave with my pom-poms in sync with the cheerleader team trying to do my best as well even though I feel a bit tired after the intense performance.

"NICE KILL HINATA! ONE MORE TIME!" We shout in unison as Hinata and my brother score another point. I feel so proud of my brother at this time because he seems so passionate about playing on the court with the teammates. He sure grown up so well. I smile proudly as the team cheers when we get another point. I watch the opponents as well while waving with my pom-pom's. The Johzenji guys seem to enjoy the game though which is kind of cute. I can't help but to chuckle as they keep being so cheerful even though they mess up sometimes.

"WE WON!" Girls yell as the referee whistles the end of the game against Johzenji. We wave with arms energically expressing the joy from the win. I lean over the railing and throw my pom-pom's hardly towards my brother and Hinata hitting their heads succesfully.
"YO! CONGRATZ GUYS!" I yell at them laughing watching my brother to shoot an annoyed look at me. He picks up the sparkly ball and tries to throw it back at me but since I'm high enough he fails and the ball falls not even reaching the height of the bleachers. The other players laugh and slap Tobio's back or shoulders as they mock him for not being able to throw it at me. I laugh as well watching them to pick up their stuff and head to the bleachers where the cheerleader team is.

"Here." I hand a bottle to my brother sitting next to me on a seat as we watch Aoba Johsai against Date Tech High school. I lean on the seat and watch Tooru to conduct the team smoothly without any mistakes. I can't help but to admire how natural he is being the captain and lead the team towards victory even against strong opponents which Datech sure is.
"Oikawa-san is playing well today." Tobio next to me mumbles watching his senpai as well. I look at him for a second and snort earning a look from my sibling.
"You were even better." I mumble casually looking straight at the court.
"The setter is huge!" Hinata on the other side calls out spitting out tiny pieces of his energy bar. I look at the other side of the court and measure the Datech's setter with my look.
"Yeah, true. He is new isn't he?" I observe adressing anyone particular.
"I heard he is a first year." Someone behind me answers maybe it was Suga. I don't turn back to check though because Iwaizumi on the court gets blocked by the tall setter and another two tall players. I can recognize one of them who was stading with us in front of the toilet earlier.
"Shoyo, you know that guy?" I point quickly at the big player who also looks a bit clumsy because of his body shape.
"Oh, that's Aone." Hinata mumbled chewing on his bar and still fixing his eyes on the play.
"Hinata and Aone are friends somehow." Tanaka smirks as he leans forward leaning arms on his knees so he gets his face near mine from back. I lift eyebrow a bit and try to imagine a way how the two became friends.

Seijoh is at their matchpoint and Tooru goes to serve. I watch him gracefully grab the ball and prepare for his serving but a second before the whistle blow he turns his head towards the bleachers as if he tries to find me. Is he trying to show off till the very end? As the referee whistles Tooru throws the volleyball into the air, runs approaching the court line and jumps up to spike the ball on the opponent's side of the court earning a final point for his team. I breathe out realizing I was actually holding my breath.
"It looks like we know who our next match is gonna be." Daichi comments with a low voice and as I turn to look at him he smirks still watching the court.
"We are playing against someone else though before Seijoh." Nishinoya mutters disappointed obviously all excited to go against their rivarls finally.

"Tamiko-chan! Were you watching me?" Tooru approaches me smiling satisfied and wrapping one arm around my shoulders. I look up at him and smirk a bit.
"I was. You did well today, Tooru." We walk in front of the others Seijoh players who exit the Sendai gymnasium few seconds after their captain. The Karasuno team already left saying they were going to grab a meal and few of my cheerleaders joined them. I stayed behind to wait for Tooru without any specific reason, maybe just out of habit even though I didn't want to listen to him bragging about the victory.
"Tomorrow I'm gonna crush your little brother and the other crows." He smirks as we walk close to each other that I can smell his scent and manly perfume. I bite my lower lip slowly trying not to get mad at him for this persistent rivarly which drives me crazy slowly but steadily.
"Tooru...you can lose tomorrow you know?" I lean away lifting my eyes to meet his a bit surprised ones. He then smirks again and snorts a bit.
"Come on. I don't underestimate Tobio-chan but we also have grown stronger." He pulls me closer again towards himself making my frustration grow even higher.
"Tobio will beat you one day. And it may be tomorrow. No. I'm sure it will be tomorrow."  I shake off his arm without looking at him again and turn to take the path heading to the Ukai's store.

"They won today." I lean my head on the pillow making myself comfortable on my bed as I put my phone on my chest.
"Congratz." I can feel Kuroo smiling on the phone making me smile as well. I decided to call him later the evening to tell him some news since we are friends again.
"Are you preparing for your playoffs?" I know the question is meaningless but just to make a conversation which may still be a bit awkward for us.
"Of course. I'm on my way from the practice." Kuroo mumbles yawning afterwards making me yawn as well.
"Hmm. We are both tired huh. I had performance today and cheered on them afterwards." I look up at my white ceiling and imagine Kuroo walking home from his practice with messy hair sticking out into all possible directions.
"Really? I'm gonna watch you guys in Tokyo." I can feel his cheeky grin which lets butterflies play in my stomach.
"You better do that." I grin as well playing with my hair slowly while I close my eyes slowly to let my imagination do whatever it wants on the waves of Kuroo's husky voice.
"They are against Oikawa tomorrow if they win morning match." I mumble almost too quietly but the male on the other side manages to answer anyway after a few seconds of silence.
"Why do you sound like that?" His voice makes me think that he may be even worried about me and this weird relationship of mine with Oikawa.
"Like what?" I open my eyes slowly almost not breathing because of the sudden tension between us.
"Like you aren't happy with him." Kuroo puts it simply on line making my heart beat faster out of nowhere.
"First of all I'm not even dating him. We are just friends." I keep my voice lowered knowing damn well this isn't anything that I wanted.
"Bullsh*t. Just get away from him if you aren't happy Tamiko." His voice is filled with rush and impatience for going over and over this with me.
"...You know me too well after all huh?" I smile sadly and sigh as I roll over my bed and sit taking my phone in hand. I look at the screen with Kuroo's picture on it which I took when he wasn't looking so he seems pretty cool on it and it actually gives me the need to touch him and be close to him.
"Of course. We are friends." For some reason these words coming from the male on the phone make my heart to ache.