Chapter n°11

"Hey dummy, move those stuff! I can't pass!" Harumi snaps at Ryūnosuke as he sits next to Yū in the bus putting his bag full of sandwiches and chips next to him on the floor.  I giggle and roll eyes a bit following my best friend further into the school bus. I take place in the middle of the five seat row in the back of the bus sitting with girls from the team.
"Everyone are you ready? Let's go to Shinzen High!" Takeda-sensei exclaims proudly as he takes the bus driver seat and starts the engine. Few students gives a little whoop before starting a conversation between each other. I take out my phone and send a message to the group chat.
Me: On the way!! See yall soon guys
I hit the send button and watch Daichi to notice the message and turning his head towards me giggling. I giggle as well and show him thumbs up excitedly.

Things came out pretty well eventually, we got our permission from school and parents so we all agreed to have a cheerleader training camp with the volleyball team since we can train our cheer spirit while watching the boys playing. Also I think it's going to be fun with the other volleyball teams.
While packing our suitcase we decied to wear our cheerleader uniform because they are new and we wanted to show them off finally adding orange ribbons to our hair as well. The boys on the other side wear only Karasuno High sport suit.

(example of the cheerleader uniform of Karasuno, let's say there is written 'Karasuno High' in the middle)

   The journey was noisy of course, boys were shouting making us girls laugh, we played some word games as well as we made fun of Shōyō and Yū who were joking around

The journey was noisy of course, boys were shouting making us girls laugh, we played some word games as well as we made fun of Shōyō and Yū who were joking around. On the other side, my brother sat quietly alone not talking to Shōyō. I guess they are still mad at each other... Is that going to be okay during the practice matches?

We tried some cheering too.
"O-O-KA-RA-SU-NO! FIGHT FIGHT KA-RA-SU-NO!" We shouted synchronised while waving with our black and orange pompoms.

After a long journey we finally stop at Shinzen High, the school which organized the training camp. As everyone lean on the bus windows to see outside we can notice a group of people standing at the entrance.
"Did they come to welcome us?"
"Oh, Kenma!"
"Fukurodani's setter..."
"Taketora! Can't wait to show up with our cheerleaders ha ha ha ha!"
The boys get even louder as they see their friends or rivals standing there waiting for us to finally appear. The bus stops slowly and opens the door, boys getting up and gathering their stuff to get off first since most of them sat on the front seats of the bus. I get up as well and take my pompoms and throw my small backpack over one shoulder. Following my brother out of the bus I notice he has some of back hair quite messy after sleeping a while ago. I ruffle his hair trying to fix them making him turn back at me and snap at me to stop.
I giggle and step on the ground taking a deep breath of fresh air.
"Tamiko-chan!" Bokuto makes his way towards me smiling widely and waving at me. I wave back energically and run a bit up to him jumping a bit at him. Surprised he tries to catch me but ends up losing his balance anyway. If it hadn't been for Akaashi to support him from back we would have fallen on the ground already. Laughing I let go off him.
"Bokuto, Akaashi! I missed you both." I smile and look around.
"It's nice to see you again, Tamiko-san. Do you have any luggage?" Akaashi smiles at me while Bokuto is observing all the girls coming out of the bus with wide-eyes expression.
"Yeah, just one bag, I will manage it." I smile back at Akaashi and can't help but laugh a bit at Bokuto's reaction. As we head to pick up my bag with Akaashi Bokuto hurries to the rest of the boys admiring all inconspiciously our cheer team.

"Tamiko!" Someone calls out and I already know who it is before turning my head towards the person. I smile widely and look at Kuroo making his way towards me with his usual grin.
"Oh, hey there, spiked hair!" I giggle and head in his direction while Akaashi takes my bag as a real gentleman.
"Uhoh, hey big b-" He doesn't even have a chance to finish it because of my hand landing on his mouth quickly and hard.
"Shut up you jerk!" I mumble with low voice giving him a warning look while he tries to get rid of my hand. When I let go we make our handshake we came up with during the last training camp.
"Oh, is that a carneval costume?" Kuroo stands in front of me and mesures me with his sharp cat-like look obviously teasing me because of my cheer uniform. I only smirk and fold arms on my hips.
"If I were you I would be careful at nights, Tetsu-kun." I wiggle my eyebrows at him with a little threat of a practical joke on him. Kuroo lifts one eyebrow looking a bit taken aback and clearing his throat. "Tamiko-san, is this your bag?" Akaashi suddenly shows up by my side with my bag over his shoulder.
"Akaashi, how did-" I can't complete my question because of Bokuto throwing his arm around my neck.
"Tamiko! Let's go, we gonna show you guys where you gonna sleep and start practicing! You can introduce me to some pretty lady too!" He pulls me under his arm with him heading to the school with Akaashi and Kuroo following us.
"Yah, let go! Wait a sec, I need to tell my team-" I try to release from his grip while turning my head back at Kuroo who is just grinning evilishly at us and Akaashi who looks at Bokuto's back.
"Bokuto-san, she is a girl after all, you can't push her like that."

-Kuroo's POV-
I've seen her crying over him and I've witnessed how she becomes furious because of him. Those feelings seem to be so passionate for a girl having a crush on someone. I would maybe even compare it to the passion for volleyball I have and maybe that's the reason I never cared about those things like girls, breakups and stuff like that. I mean of course, I'm a boy and I can't say I never thought about girls. There were few girls around since I got into high school but none of them seemed to be comparable to my passion for volleyball.
Kenma teased me already few times since we came back from the Fukurodani's training camp where I firstly met Tamiko. He is too percipient for someone who cares about video games only.

I watch her running towards Bokuto and jumping into his arms. I notice the cheerleader uniform which is quite short but fits her perfectly. I smirk and walk towards them while thinking about hugging her as well. Koutarou you lucky jerk.

We walk side by side to the gym being alone for the first time since she arrived to Saitama Prefecture.
"How was the journey?" I bring up with low voice and look at her as she walks next to me her head reaching the level of my shoulder.
"It was okay...." She looks back at me and smiles a bit looking a bit worried suddenly.
"What?" I lift one eyebrow while checking out the cheer uniform once again secretly.
"Just... my brother and Shōyō are mad at each other, they got into a fight when we came back from Tokyo." She lowers her voice and looks in front of her with a worried look. Surprised I go through my messy hair and sigh a bit.
"I see... they both need to develop though, I think it's not necessarily bad for them to try something new." I mumble as I look straight trying to calm her down a bit.
"Wow...I didn't know you can be that serious, Tetsu." She teases me while grinning at me evilishly like every time she teases me. She looks a bit relieved though. I look at her and roll my eyes.

"Oh, Tamiko-san!" Someone appears standing in front of us making us to stop. I look at the stranger realizing it's someone from Tamiko's cheerleader teammates. She must be only a bit younger but she is cute though. Blonde, small and seems nice. She also seems not full japanese.
"Oh, Chelsea. What's up? I told you guys to gather in the gym." Tamiko smiles a bit at the girl who takes a glance at me measuring me with her sight for a second.
"I was looking for you, we have been waiting for quite a while already. But I see what took you so long." She winks at Tamiko playfully and giggles as she casts a look at me again. I only raise my eyebrow noticing the hidden hint between the girl and Tamiko. As I look at Tamiko she only smirks and sighs silently and a bit in a frustrated way.
"This girl is a pain in the ass." She only mumbles heading towards the gym after Chelsea who is already few metres ahead without waiting for me.

A/N: This chapter isn't even that long and still it took me a while to finish it, tbh I lost the spirit I had in the beginning. If you really like the story please support me somehow or else I think I might give up soon hah. :D Sorry, I hope you like it though, maybe it's going to be even more interesting with the new character. Thank you for your reading!