Chapter n°18

After the Ohgi Minami High and Kakuzawa High matches which happened a month ago we decided to put some more effort in cheering for our volleyball team since even though our cheers were very effective back then we weren't in sync that well. It was our first time cheering for them during a real match so it was a premier for us. Now we trained even harder to be more prepared for the upcoming playoffs.

But before the playoffs Karasuno has another training weekend in Tokyo with other powerhouse schools like Fukurodani and Nekoma. We decided with the girls that it's not neccessary to attend it so we are staying in Miyagi prefecture. The only one who seemed disappointed more than anyone was Chelsea.
"Huh? But it's very important! We have to train with the boys!" She squeeked suddenly after I have announced the news of us not going. Is it because you wanted to be with Kuroo? Not happening.
"Nope, Chelsea. We would be distracting them, they need to focus on improving their attacks and defense. Anyway, you should also focus on syncing with us, you stand out too much! We should be synchronized." I looked at her with a impatient glare making her shut up for a moment.
"Huh? Are you saying that I'm bad?" She stepped closer to me as if she tried to threaten me somehow by her presence. Maybe I would be able to finally confront her and that annoying attitude of hers if there wasn't for Harumi to step in.

After this almost fight in the gym Chelsea kept respecting me a bit more maybe she tries to sync more with the team. I'm sure the other girls must have told her something as well. She is always the only one who can destroy the team's mood. Also there was someone else disappointed.
"Huh? You not comin'?! Tamiko-chan!" Bokuto groans into the phone screen making me chuckle.
"Sorry, Koutarou. You know that I feel bad about not being able to see you guys but the boys should concentrate only at their own team. The girls would distract them." I try to speak softly at him since I know about his tempered spirit. I decided to call him to tell him that we are not coming because it has been ages since we called each other on face time.
"But at least you should come! Just to see old friend, right?" He holds the phone in front of his face while he walks next to Akaashi probably leaving school for that day.
"Akaashi, tell her something!" He pouts turning the phone so I can see Akaashi on the screen. He just leans closer and rolls eyes.
"You don't have to come if you can't, it's a long way to Tokyo anyway. But we would like to see you tho." He smiles a bit and lets the silver haired boy next to him to turn the phone back at him.
"See? Akaashi wants to see you too! You need to come!" I sigh and smile a bit. It's true that I miss those dorks a lot and we haven't seen each other in a long time. But I can't see Kuroo. I'm sure it would make me feel even worse and I feel how I'm slowly letting go of those feelings towards him.
"It's not really up to me okay? But I promise we will plan something together later." I watch both of them smiling under breath making me smile as well.

"Tamiko-san!" I look up from my book and see Shimizu standing by the classroom's door. I smile and wave at her getting up and making way towards her.
"Hey, Shimizu. What's up?" I smile and stand by the window with her.
"I'm sorry to ask you so sudden but can you go to the training weekend instead of me? You are the only one who knows what to do. I have to prepare for a university entrance interview." Shimizu takes my hand and squeezes it imploringly. I watch her all surprised by the amount of words she spilled at me at once.
"Uh...well... I guess I can go..." I manage to stutter out surprised making her smile at me widely.
"Thank you so much! Don't worry, Yachi is going too so she will help you." Shimizu smiles again assuring me she will make it up for me soon. I'm not even listening to her anymore because of the idea of my spending time with Bokuto, Akaashi and... Kuroo.

"Why do you have to go?" Tooru groans for the tenth time already burying his face into my neck. I lean on the head of my bed and ruffle the male's brown hair.
"C'mon Tooru I explained already." I mumble a bit irritated already making him notice and lift his head. Leaning his face close to mine he studies me silently and then kisses me softly. I kiss him back as he touches my waist trying to bring some passion into the act. The truth is that there is none for a while already. I don't know why but my theory is that since it's not a forbidden love for him and nor for me anymore it became boring. We both got used to this being here for each other and having these moments with each other. It's not thrilling anymore and we both knew it for sure. We did this out of routine and the fear that if we go back to what we used to be it's never going to be the same between us.

"Another weekend with you?" Tobio mumbles obviously annoyed by finding me sitting in the school bus next to Yachi. I smile sweetly at him and turn my attention back to Yachi explaining her some duties she should do before the upcoming playoffs. The boys were having fun on the way laughing and joking around as usual. I got to play some games with them as well which caused our time to fly quickly.

I peek out of the window looking for a certain dork waiting for the bus but there is noone standing outside.
"We are a bit late so everyone hurry up to the gym directly." Takeda sensei hasn't even stopped the bus yet but everyone are already pushing to get out of the vehicle. I get up and follow the boys to the gym carrying some bottles and notebooks.
"Thanks for assisting this weekend. We need someone experienced to make notes." Coach Ukai walks next to me as we head to the gym where the games are on already.
"No problem coach." I assure him and follow Tsukishima inside. Before I get the chance to look around I can already feel someone's arms around me.
"Tamiko-chan! No way you really came!" Bokuto lifts me off the ground making me laugh. When he lets go of me I manage to hug him properly and soon Akaashi as well who joins us holding a volley ball.
"I had to assist when the official manager couldn't come." I look at them and giggle showing them my notebooks.

-Kuroo's POV-
I manage to block Bokuto's spike jumping at the right time. I smirk and watch him shooting an annoyed glare at me.
"Heyoo!" A sudden shout makes all of us look at the direction of gym's door. Karasuno's players start to trickle inside with energic waving around themselves. I stop smiling as soon as she appears. What is she doing here?! Bokuto said she won't come. Of course the jerk already has her in her arms having her all smiling at him. Before she catches me staring at her I look away and pretend to be busy with talking to my teammates while my heart beats like crazy. I already know tht I won't be able to focus on anything else but her being in the same room with me.

Fortunatelly I got into the game soon now playing my best against Karasuno. It seems they have improved during the summer camp and later on.
"Kuroo, you okay?" Kenma sits next to me during a time out handing me a bottle with water. I look at him and wipe off the sweat on my forehead.
"I'm good." I drink slowly closing my eyes. I had to apologize to Kenma the next day I yelled at him because I knew it was unfair and that he is only worried about me as his best friend.
I get up again putting the bottle down and walking to the opposite side of the court switching sides with Karasuno. As I pass by coach and manager I can't help but to look there making an eye contact with her.
"Kuroo." She watches me making me stop not caring if it's lame because I'm nothing to her. I just stand there waiting for her to continue.
"Can we talk later?"