Chapter n°17

-Kuroo's POV-
I haven't called her not even texted her since the training camp and she didn't text me either. Every day I was thinking about finally calling her but then I just couldn't help but to think that I would be annoying her since she probably doesn't want to speak to me. I also asked myself thousand times why did this happen all of sudden. Sometimes I was even too distracted to focus on our volleyball training even though we have matches soon. Kenma scoled me once already too.

"Here." Kenma mumbles handing me a piece of paper probably ripped from a notebook. I wipe off sweat on my forehead and take it with curious look. The small setter stands in front of me with unexcited look like he usual does.
"Thank me later." He only adds and heads to collect his stuff to go home after practice. I look at the paper and raise an eyebrow. It's a phone number and it doesn't look familiar so I just stuff it into my pocket and grabs my bag to head home with Kenma.
"What is it?" I ask him on the way home taking a look at the paper again.
"Phone number. Kageyama Tobio's." He mumbles looking down focused on his new game. I frown a little thinking about reasons why to have Karasuno's setter number when it hits me.
"Does this have anything in common with Tamiko? What are you thinking?" I raise my voice a little before realising I probably answered my own question.
"Just ask him about her. I see you every day, Kuroo, I noticed." His voice stays low and bored as always and he doesn't look up even when I let our a frustrated groan.

"Oikawa-san?" The boy on the opposite side of the phone wonders loudly making me sit on my bed straightly. Oikawa? What the hell is she doing with him again? I stay silent and listen to Kageyama junior talk to Oikawa but all I can hear is low voice not being able to understand full sentences. Trying my best not to throw up I just sit there on my bed holding the phone tightly while they speak on the other side.
"Are you calling someone Tobio?" Suddenly I can hear Tamiko's voice clearly which startles me enought to hang up fast enough just to feel more embarassed. What the f*ck?

I stare at the phone for another 10 minutes breathing heavily trying to overcome the shock. What did she do with Oikawa? He's going to make her cry again. Are they dating? Should I text her? Knocking on door pulled me out of my thoughts. Annoyed I look at the door and let our a hum loud enough for anyone to hear it.
"Kuroo. How did it go?" Kenma opens the door slowly stuffing his pudding-like head into my room. At this moment I just feel angry at everyone but especially at him for making me find out about Tamiko and that Oikawa dude.
"You. Get out." I growl throwing my phone on bed and getting up. I make my way to door and as I'm about to push Kenma out of my room he only gets to throw a confused look at me before getting shut.
"It's your fault!" I groan low knowing well that he only tried to help me and cheer me up. I lean my forehead on door and close my eyes trying to calm down once again during the last 30 minutes.

-Tamiko's POV-
"Are you calling someone Tobio?" I ask my brother who is standing there in front of my and Oikawa holding his phone near his ear for the whole time. I raise an eyebrow and try to reach for it quickly enough to snap it out of his hand. I smirk at his confused face expression and look at the screen to find out who the caller was. The number is uknown so I look at my brother again allowing Tooru to look at it too.
"Who was it?" I return the phone to the blackheaded relative while measuring him with suspicious look.
"Noone. More importantly. What are you two doing?" Tobio suddenly sounds irritated and angry a bit throwing an annoyed look at us. I check out Tooru's face which seems only amused by my brother before I turn back at him again.
"Nothing. Tooru picked me up at school. Don't you have anything better to do than question us?" I snap back at him making him mumble something under his breath and finally heading to the door. Tooru next to me giggles and takes my hand again sending shivers all over my body. I look at him and watch his side profile while he keeps eyes on my brother walking home.
"You know, I had a huge urge to kiss you in front of him just to see his expression. It would be awesome." Tooru looks at me smirking devilishly while my cheeks turn pink from the combination of 'kiss' and 'you'. I manage to slap his shoulder anyway and look towards the closed door.
"Okay, I should go..." I look back at him again not knowing what to do in this situation which is new to me and making me a bit uncomfortable. Should I kiss him? But we are still only friends. The tall setter watches me as I remain silent but then he just pulls me to him and kisses me softly on lips. Surprised I support myself by putting hands on his chest feeling his muscles through the t-shirt. As I kiss him back I can't help but to feel like something is off. He leans away slowly smiling at me and squeezing my hand.
"Good night, Tamiko-chan." His low soft voice calms me down a bit as I nod and smile a bit. I turn around and make my way to the house while he watches me until I close the door behind myself.

You will get used to it. It's just new. I keep asuring myself the whole evening thinking about the idea of friends with benefits. I know I wasn't really looking for this kind of a relationship but maybe it's worth trying it for a while. As I sit on my bed looking straight in front of me my phone buzzes. I take a look at the screen with a photo of me and Bokuto sitting on the grass eating watermelon. Someone took the picture of us at the training camp. I look at the text which came into the group chat with the guys from Tokyo. It's from Kuroo.
The big cat: Hey guys, there is gonna be a training weekend in October. Yall goin'?
The idea of meeting Kuroo again makes me feel kind of excited and sad at the same time. It's not like I'm really planning on going anyway, I have nothing to do there. I get up after tossing my phone on bed and walk to my wardrobe to pull out the uniform for tomorrow's classes. While going through the clothes I stop at a familiar red hoodie. It's the hoodie of Nekoma's team Kuroo let me to keep. I take it from the line of hanged clothes and look at it closer. Without even realizing it I lean lower to smell it. It still has his scent but it's fading away more and more. Suddenly I close my eyes and bite my lip, trying not to tear up again. What's wrong with me? He doesn't like me, there is no point crying over him again. I have Tooru now.

-time skip: September-
It has been few weeks since we started this friends with benefits thing with Oikawa Tooru, the captain of Aoba Johsai High school. Even though it has been weeks, we are still at this point of being more like friends than lovers. Is it me or him who actually doesn't want to change that? There were these hot sessions at my place or his but nothing serious because although the first impression his kiss left at me there was less and less of the excited feeling.

"Okay, that's it for today! See you tomorrow." I call out tossing my pom-pom's aside as I prepare to stretch after the practice. The prelims start in two weeks and we have been practicing our cheering for the volleyball club. Girls start to stretch as well while stretching gathered around.
"Hey, Tamiko. How's Oikawa?" Harumi sits next to me and starts stretching her arms slowly. I look at her and shrugg without any excited movement. She only lifts her eyebrows and smirks a bit.
"You know, I don't like this thing. He is just using you for fun, it's not real. Trust me, you see me and Suga-"
"Ugh, stop comparing us to you and Sugawara finally!" I throw an annoyed look at her trying not to seem all frustrated but I failed by seeing her hurt face. I sigh and get up.
"See you later." I mumble and take my stuff heading out of the gym.
Harumi keeps telling me stuff like this from the beginning and I keep being harsh at her for that. But maybe she is right and maybe I know it better than her.