Chapter n°10

I check the message and smile a bit. It's been a while since Kuroo texted me and I missed this tall dork as well as Bokuto and the rest of the group of tall dorks. A loud cheer echos as Aoba Johsai scores again and wins the first set. I look down at the team and cheer as well while clapping my hands loudly. Tōru looks relaxed and satisfied walking to the other side of the court. He looks up at me and waves at me smiling with a charmant smile. I wave back and show him thumbs up. As I take my phone again I manage to reply fast to Kuroo.
Me: It's in process. But hopefully it works, can't wait to see yall
I hit the send button and look at the game again. I already spoke with Takeda-sensei about the idea and he agreed but I had to beg the principal a bit to let us go with the volleyball team but eventually he agreed as well. Now we need an official agreement and agreement from the parents of the girls. Ugh, being a captain and coach at the same time isn't easy huh. I sigh a bit thinking about all the duties I have to deal with as a trainer of the team while watching Tōru score few times in row with his serving.

After the game I head towards the team's changing rooms. It was a good game but a bit quick since Aoba Johsai got both sets quite easily. Tōru seemed to be in his element today so it went smoothly. I lean against the wall waiting for the Seijoh's captain to come out. It takes a while but finally here he comes changed in his casual sweatpants and Aoba Johsai's blue tshirt. I look at him and separate from the wall slowly adjusting my school bag on shoulder. I'm still in my school uniform which consist of black mini skirt, white shirt, yellow ribbon under the collar and beige sweater which I keep in my bag for now since it's hot outside. Tōru stands close to me and throws the volleyball bag over his shoulder reaching his hand towards me so he can take my bag as well. I hand him my school bag and walk with him outside of the building. As we walk close to each other I can smell his fresh scent of shower gel and scent of his cologne which I always liked so much.
"Good job today." I look at him while heading to a nearest bus stop.
"Thanks, Tamiko-chan. I tried hard because you were watching." Tōru giggles and looks back at me making me chuckle and roll my eyes.
"You are in a good mood today huh." I mumble as I try tucking hair behind my ears because of a sudden wind blowing them around my head. He smirks and looks straight in front of himself looking all serious at the moment.

"Actually I wanted to talk about something..." He begins slowly as we stand at a bus stop a bit away from everyone waiting there. I lift an eyebrow and fold my arms on chest.
"Why so serious?" I tease him and giggle lightly to ease the atmosphere around us which seems tensed up. Tōru looks at me without any trace of amusement in his usually cheerfull brown eyes. I gulp a bit and I can feel my heart is suddenly beating faster.
"You know, Tamiko...when you called me the other day...I panicked, 'kay?" He blurs out as his voice shakes a bit so I can tell he is nervous as well. I listen to him not knowing what to think about this situation and what to say so he continues.
"It's true that I joked a bit, I never expected you would even consider going out with me. But when you called I got scared so I said it was just a joke because...I don't know! I never imagined us actually together!" I stare at him not moving an inch and breathing rapidly as my heart is about to go crazy. The hell? So he was joking, not knowing what he actually wants? Playing with me so he sees how far am I willing to go? He studies my face trying to find any trace of empathy on it but unsuccessfully.
"What the f*ck Tōru? Is this a joke to you?" I laugh tongue-in-cheek and look around for a second.
"For the past weeks I couldn't stop thinking about it and your stupid joke, I thought I might go crazy! And you just can't make up your stupid mind! But you know what? It's better this way, you are a player anyways right?" I try hard not to rise my voice at him and keep calm but I can feel the heat rushing through my cheeks making them go pink. I grab my school bag from his hand as I rush to get into my bus which is suitably just arriving at the station leaving Tōru frozen at spot behind me.

"I can't believe it!" I groan for the tenth time already making the male on my screen roll his eyes.
"Shut up seriously. Everyone's saying he is an idiot anyway so forget it." Kuroo lays on back holding his phone above face as he tries to stay focused on my complains about Tōru. I'm sitting in my bedroom on the window frame and before Kuroo called me I was sending angry voice messages to Harumi to complain to her as well.
"He seems to be an idiot to me." I can hear Kenma's unbothered voice in the background as he probably plays some game of his. I chuckle and watch Kuroo turning his head towards the voice giving me space to study his features.
"He is an idiot but his servings are damn good. Glad we don't have to meet him in a match." Kuroo mumbles towards Kenma who is probably agreeing silently. I sent the video of Tōru serving to our group after the match. Especially Bokuto was hyped about it saying he would like to play against Tōru one day.

   I smile a bit as I listen to the two talking with each other agreeing how dumb Oikawa is.
"Tamiko-san has weird friends." Kenma mumbles again from a distance making Kuroo furrow his eyebrow still looking at the younger one.
"Yah we are her friends too!" The black haired boy protests as he rolls his eyes turning his attention to me again. I giggle and nod in agreement.
"How's school going Kuroo?" I lean chin on my knees which I pull to my chest holding them to me with one arm.
"It's fine, don't talk about school now will you?" Annoyed he rolls again on bed and lays on stomach facing me as he leans the phone on bed. I smirk and nod a bit knowing he is a bit of a nerd from Kenma anyway. Suddenly someome slams my door open making me jump few inches as I look to that direction startled.
"Big butt! I called you thousand times already, are you deaf?!" My brother stands at the door yelling at me while his hair stick to his red and sweaty face.
"Big butt?" Kuroo lifts eyebrow and laughs loudly with that annoying laugh of his. I quickly pin the phone on my chest covering it with my hand so he wouldn't hear as I furrow at my brother still standing there.
"I told you not to call me like that you birdbrain!" I yell back at him all red from embarassement because Kuroo is probably dying of laugh by now in his room.  Big butt was my nickname at middle school because I used to be a bit chubby and my brother learnt it from Tōru who used to tease me about it.

   As I look at my phone again Kuroo is still chuckling into the camera making me stare at him so he would shut up finally.
"Hoy Kageyama junior!" He yells to the phone to greet my brother who just found out I have been video calling someone while he burst into my room. I roll eyes and get up holding my phone as I walk to the door facing the front camera.
"Uh, Kuroo-san, hey." My brother stands next to me to greet the older male on the other side of the phone.
"What do you want?" I look at my brother frustrated while trying to kick him out of my room.
"The dinner is ready so hurry up, we are hungry!" Tobio ruffles my hair quickly before running from my bedroom leaving me there with new fancy hairstyle he created.
"Uuughh." I groan trying to fix my hair as I look at phone again.
"Looks like you gotta go, beautiful." Kuroo teases me smirking making me glare at him annoyed again while holding my phone at the level of my chest.
"Shut up spiked hair." I snap at Kuroo and head out of my bedroom smelling some delicious food already. The male on the other side of the phone only giggles with his usual laugh.
"The camp is soon so let us know, 'kay?" He looks to the camera with kind of serious face making me chuckle.
"You want me to be there that badly?" I tease him playfully and wink at him. Kuroo snorts and rolls his cat-like eyes.
"Don't worry Tetsu, I'll text it to our group as soon as I know details." I giggle and wave to the camera. I call him like that whenever I tease him because I know he doesn't like that childish nickname. He smirks and waves back a little before ending the video call. I giggle again before stuffing my phone to pocket of my sweatpants and walking into the kitchen.