Chapter n°16

I smile lightly and finally hug the tall boy back.
"So you came because you missed me?" I whisper jokingly and I can feel how he chuckles lightly. We pull away from each other slowly and I look at this familiar face I have missed for so long.
"I even went over to your place but neither you and nor your brother weren't at home." He lifts eyebrow and lets go off me slowly taking my bag from me to carry it on his shoulder like he used to do every time he picked me up from school.
"Really? Sorry, I was in Tokyo with the volleyball team and my team." I reply casually trying to avoid the untold bussiness between us which feels like it had happened years ago.
"How was it?" He asks looking straight as we walk together heading to our favourite lunch place.
"It was fun. Nothing special." I walk by his side noticing the looks he gets from girls passing by. I look at him from side for a second and I have to admit he looks even more handsome if it's possible. He catches my stare and looks at me back smiling at me kindly. I can't help but to feel quilty for being so hard on him the last time we saw each other.

"So...Tooru, why did you want to see me? For real." I ask him after hours spent chatting about the time we haven't seen each other. I sip my ice latte sitting in front of the tall setter at our favourite café.
His expression changes to a serious one as he reaches his hand to touch mine on the table. I bite my lip slowly and glance at his hand resting on mine suddenly feeling nervous.
"Tamiko, I know you can't take me seriously because you know me too well. But...ugh..." He groans a little and closes his eyes for a second. I find it cute because he obviously never tried that hard to keep someone stay. I chuckle a bit making him look at me surprised.
"Sorry, it's just too unusual to see you being persistent about something else than volleyball. It's cute." I smile and look at his hand, taking it in mine and squeezing it a little with a small blush building up on my cheeks. He watches me all confused and surprised by my actions. I bite my lip slowly and let out quiet sigh. Tooru noticed and takes his hand away making me the confused one this time.
"What happened Tamiko?" He raises an eyebrow suspiciously leaning head on his hand casually.
"Okay Tooru, I'm going to be all honest now, okay?" I lower my voice watching him and playing with the straw in my drink nervously. It's the very first time we are having this kind of conversation and it seems too unnatural between us. He remains silent letting me to continue whenever I'm ready to speak up.
"So...I met someone..." I begin slowly looking away as he widens eyes in a little surprise.
"But...." I take a deep breath trying not to go over the whole thing with Kuroo again.
"I was rejected...kind of. But it's not the main point. I'm trying to say that we are best friends, what happens between us if it doesn't work out?" I look at him again gaining some more confidence again but almost immediately I get lost in his chestnut brown eyes. God, you aren't going to make it easy for me huh.
"You met someone?" He asks after seconds of awkward silence making me smirk a bit at his only typical question.
"I said I got rejected, Tooru. Don't mind that part okay? Did you hear that part about our friendship?" I sigh a bit relaxed again since he got back to his usual self. He rolls eyes slowly and grins at me.
"Tamiko got rejected? Impossible." He groans a little teasing me and I manage to slap his hand which was supporting his chin making his head drop lower quickly. I giggle and raise an eyebrow provocatively.

Heading back home we walk in pleasant silence enjoying the company of each other since we are again best friends.
"So, let me suggest this." He begins looking straight in front of him.
"Hm?" I hum watching the sun as it goes down coloring the sky in red and violet.
"Let's try a trial relationship. Just to see if it works." Finally I take a look at him surprised not knowing if he's joking or serious because you never know with this guys.
"Like how?" I raise an eyebrow making him to look back at me with an evil grin.
"Friends with benefits. Easy." He only shruggs as if it's totally on daily bases to decide on this. I can't help but to get a little excited just at the though of us having this kind of relationship. Because to be honest, Tooru is damn hot and I would lie if I said that I haven't ever thought about him like this.
"Fine, let's do this." I answer as casually as my beating heart allows me to making him look at me obviously not expecting me to agree just like that.

He smirks devilishly and grabs my arm forcing me into a narrow street where he pins me to a wall.
"Does this mean I attract you? I knew all along Tamiko-chan." He leans closer to me with a sweet smile but his seductive voice tells me different. I watch his sudden change of behavior with nervousness making me bite my lower lip slowly. He notices and lifts one eyebrow smiling again with some inner intention. Thrilled I looks into his eyes expecting some actions from him as he leans only few inches away from my face.
"Let's do this then." He repeats my words before pressing his lips on mine slowly. I close my eyes and kiss him back slowly while grabbing him by the colar to pull him closer to me. He smirks into the kiss as he steps closer and closes the distance between us as we kiss each other slowly and passionately since it's something we both wanted to do for so long not even noticing it.

I ran my hand through his brown hair slowly while he grabs my waist and slides hand on my lower back. I smell his scent as close as I have ever done which makes me go crazier with every second passed. I force myself to break this makeout session slowly leaning away and looking at him closely.
"I have to go home, it's dark already." I whisper as he caresses my back and waist with hands trying to make me stay a bit longer. Tooru licks his lips slowly and takes my hand linking his fingers with mine. Butterflies in my stomach explode as he squeezes my hand gently.
"I didn't know you wanted this that much. I would have done it sooner." He teases me on our way back gaining an annoyed look from me.
"Shut up, Tooru." I mumble and I can't help but to smile.

-Tobio's POV-
"See ya tomorrow Kageyama!" Hinata yells waving at me as we split parts and I continue walking home. It's kind of late already since it's dark but I'm wearing only a t-shirt because the weather is still warm. Suddenly my phone rings unexpectedly making me pull it out of my pocket fast wondering who could it be. I check the number which is unknown and I answer with hesitate.
"Hello?"
"Oh, Kageyama. Hey." My eyes widen in surprise and I check the number again quickly.
"Kuroo-san?" I answer confused looking straight in front of me as I walk home slowly.
"Yeah, sorry for disturbing you. I just..." He clears his throat quickly and stays silent for few seconds. I just wait in confussion silently.
"Well...how's your sister? She didn't text me so I'm just checking on her." He mumbles clearly embrassed a little. I continue walking as I hear some noise in distance.
"Hmm, she's fine I guess. You could call her and not spy on her like this." I smirk a little and watch some couple approaching slowly noticing it's someone familiar.
"Oh wait, she's here." I interupt him before he gets to say anything trying to identify the person next to my sister.
"Really?" The Nekoma's captain on my phone asks thrilled suddenly but I focus only at the guy holding my sister's hand.
"Oikawa-san?" I wonder loudly gaining the setter's arrogant look.