Chapter n°15

Before I could let go of any sound I cover mouth with my hand without being able to move. The pure shock leaves me speechless standing on spot. After what seemed like a decade to me I finally step back slowly and turn around almost running towards the entrance. As I get out on the fresh air I breathe heavily running hand through my hair. This is not happening, it can't be... I can feel few tears run down my cheeks slowly as I rewatch the scene in my head over and over again. Again I feel like throwing up but I just try to breathe deeply to catch my breath again.

My heart still beats like crazy as I walk slowly towards the barbecue session. I can't help but to let my tears stream from my eyes while trying to relax my mind which keeps replaying the past event like in a slow motion movie. I wipe off the tears and look up just the moment Tobio runs towards me handing me a piece of onigiri.
"Where have you-" He stops when he takes a better look at my face realizing I was probably crying since my eyes got a bit swollen. I only point a finger on my mouth to keep him down and take his arm to pull him somewhere out of reach of the others. As we stand alone tears build up in my eyes once again even I try my best not to cry infront of my brother. Without any questions he hugs me in his clumsy and awkward way but I hug him back anyway because he always knows what's best for me.
"Is it Oikawa again?" Tobio mumbles as he holds me in his arms with onigiri in his hand. I smirk frustrated and sob into his shoulder.
"No, it's another asshole this time. Sorry for the trouble, nii-chan." I whisper and try to stop my tears from falling.

Tobio looks at me slowly and rises one eyebrow in curiosity.
"Who then? Is it Kuroo-san?" He lowers his voice with a certain trace of coldness in it with some over-protective sense maybe sens of trying to take care of his dear sister. Surprised I look at him and lean back on gym's wall. I nod slowly and bite my lower lip nervously.
"How did you find out? You are not quick witted." I mumble and wipe rest of tears from my cheeks and chin. I sob and manage to chuckle after seeing Tobio's annoyed face.
"I noticed you two spend lot of time talking to each other here and on phone when we are home." He hands me one onigiri to cheer me up and starts walking slowly towards the others.
"Hmm." I think about it while chewing the onigiri slowly while following him to the barbecue meeting.

"Tamiko!" Harumi jumps towards me and grabs me by my arm dragging me to sit with her on grass.
"So? Did you talk to him?" She shakes with me a little to express her excitement but she stops as soon as she notices my swollen face. Without any other word she hugs me around shoulder and smiles at me kindly.
"If it helps I embarassed myself like crazy in front of Sugawara." She mumbles which definitelly cheered me up making me to laugh out loud. She rolls eyes and squeezes my shoulder.
"I knew you would do something like that." I laugh again and suddenly I didn't feel as much alone as I did.
"Tamiko!" Suddenly someone interrupts us making me turn head towards the person. It was Bokuto standing above us with sauce around his mouth. He spreads arms and giggles.
"I heard you are leaving soon, c'mon give me a hug!" He pulls me up on my feet and I hug him back smiling as he squeezes me in his arms.
"I will miss you big owl, but I will see you soon don't worry." I look at him and smile genuinely.

Sun goes down slowly throwing red shadows on the surroundings. The sky colours redish with shades of violet as we load our stuff into the bus waiting for us to get on and head home. I hold my poms and bag on shoulder as I turn to smile at Bokuto and Akaashi who are waiting to send me off. With corner of my eye I catch Kuroo standing a bit away watching me. Suddenly I feel uneasy again and quickly hug Akaashi and Bokuto at the same time forcing them to squeeze each other in a group hug. I wave at Kenma quickly and say goodbyes to the female managers of other schools.

Finally we are sitting in the bus, me next to my brother because I forced Harumi to sit next to Sugawara. I lean head on his shoulder and close my eyes. I remember Kuroo's expression when I hugged almost everyone but him and when I didn't say a word to him. I mean it's unfair since he can date anyone he wants and it's not like we were supposed to date. He did nothing wrong. Shit, why do I keep thinking like that? Since when do I think about him in this way? Seeing the scene with Chelsea again in front of me I wiggle a bit on seat.

-Kuroo's POV-
I lean with shoulder on the wall and watch Karasuno High as they say goodbye to everyone. Sad and confused I look at Tamiko who is the same touchy Tamiko with Bokuto and Akaashi. What the hell happened? Did I do something wrong? Maybe I startled her when I asked her to come to the hall alone. Maybe I was too hurried. Maybe she only was as friendly as she is with Bokuto or everyone else. I can't help but to think that our friendship is over at this point and there is no way back. I waited for her for at least 30 minutes but she didn't show up in the hall which probably means she didn't want to talk with me.
With unease I look away slowly and go through my black hair frustratedly.
"Kuroo-kun!" A familiar voice calls my name sneaking behind me. I groan slightly and turn to face the blonde devil.
"Chelsea, stop doing this. This is too much." I mumble with husky voice and walk past her to get away. She grabs my sem forcing me to face her again.
"C'mon, I know you enjoyed it~" She purrs and smiles sweetly at me. I push her arm away and frown at her.
"You are crazy. You know I was waiting for someone else. Now don't ever talk to me again I'm warning you." I whisper with cold voice which probably worked because she steps back slowly but then she smiles again.
"Tamiko-senpai? Oh please, you know she told me there is nothing going on between you two? So give up already. You can call me whenever you want." She blows me a kiss quickly before she turns and runs towards the school bus.
I realize I was holding breat so I inhale deeply and head towards the school thinking about what should I do now.

-Tamiko's POV-
It's been a week since we returned home from the training camp in Tokyo. I have been restless since then but at some point I stopped thinking about it that much and now I focus on my studies and trainings of my own team. I also sometimes go to watch the volleyball team and try to cheer them up since not everything works as perfectly as it should just yet. Kuroo haven't texted me since then, when we talk in our group chat it's not directly, I talk only with Bokuto or Akaashi. I figured out he is not that interested in being my friend since he got Chelsea so I gave up on trying to text him first.

The bell rings and I collect my stuff. Taking my bag on shoulder I head out of the classroom with Harumi who can't stop talking about her relationship with Sugawara. Apparently they have been on a date already since we came back and I'm verry happy for her but it's not the right time to be cheering when it comes to love life.
"Tamiko! Thinking about him again?" Harumi slaps my shoulder making me groan a little as we walk to school cafeteria. I roll eyes and sigh annoyed.
"No, shut up." I snap at her not meaning it in a serious way which she knows very well.
"Oh c'mon, you got that look on your face so don't try to fool me." She giggles and walks by my side with other 3rd years.
"Sis!" Someone yells across the hall making me turn around to see my brother standing in a crowd of hungry students. I look at Harumi for a second and we make our way through everyone to get to Tobio.
"What is it? Did you run? You are all breatheless." I smirk and lift one eyebrow at his messy black hair.
"Oikawa is here waiting for you." He barks and points behind him even though there is only wall but I get his point.
"What?" I freeze and bite my lip nervously. I haven't talked with him for weeks so I'm sure nervous about what he wants.

I walk slowly towards the main gate to our school chewing on my lower lip when I see him standing there near the gate with his earphones on and probably watching some kind of volleyball match. I smile a little at his passion for volleyball I was always admiring so much. I approach him with a little more confidence and certain feel of mising my best friend for so long.
"Tooru." I reach hand and take out one of his earphones from his ear startling him a bit but then he just hugs me fastly and tightly as if we haven't seen each other for ages.
"Don't ever ignore me like this again regardless anything that happenes between us, okay?" He whispers like a pouty kid still holding me around shoulders to him.

A/N: Okay, I'm sure it must be confusing the endless jumping between Oikawa and Kuroo but I gotta keep this interesting right? Anyway, thank you for reading and I would appreciate any feedback♥️