Chapter n°7

"Oh...about that, Tamiko-chan. Just forget it, okay? It was just a joke." Shivers run down my spine. I think my heart skipped a beat. My mouth runs dry.
"Tamiko-chan? Are you still there?" His voice echos in my ears as I still hold my phone near my ear. I take a deep slow breath feeling tears to gather in my eyes.
"Yeah...a joke...I need to go Tōru. Bye." I hang up feeling dizzy suddenly. I couldn't let him to act like nothing happened after he made me realize how I feel towards him. Slowly closing my eyes I lean on the cold wall and sob lightly. I feel my tears to run down on my cheeks making me hide face in my hands. You asshole...I'm so stupid. I know him so well and still I let him to toy with me like that. How am I supposed to face him now? Another sob escapes my lips loudly. I wipe my tears with back of the hand and wink few times. I should have left those feeling burried like always. Tears keep coming and I gulp. It's such a bitter feeling to be rejected by someone I've liked since...I don't even know. Since middle school? I stare down at the dark and cold floor and only thing I can hear are my silent sobs.
"You okay?" Suddenly someone speaks few meters away from me. I jump a bit in surprise and look quickly towards the voice.
"God you scared me!" I whine and lean back at the wall. It's Kuroo standing there in his sport shorts, basic black tshirt and red Nekoma hoodie with zip undone looking a bit sleepy. He is like a cat I didn't hear him coming.
"Sorry." He mumbles and approaches me slowly as if he was hesitating. I stay silent so he sits next to me on bench. I take my legs up and hug my knees with arms pulling them towards my chest. I lean chin on knees and look straight trying to seem okay which is pointless since he already saw and heard me crying.
"I'm sorry about earlier. I haven't apologized yet." He has husky voice and he doesn't look at me.
"It's fine. It was partly my fault as well." I mumble not looking at him either. We sit there in silent but somehow someone's present comforts me even if it's Kuroo.
"I'm Kuroo by the way." His low and husky voice echos in the dark hallway.
"Tamiko." My low voice sounds a bit raspy from that crying. I probably sound bored or distant since Kuroo lifts his body slowly.
"You probably want to be alone. I will go then." He still doesn't look at me and turn his back to me. I lift my head in sudden light panick.
"No wait!" I blurt out quickly making him stop at spot. "Sit with me." I add slowly and bite my lower lip slowly. Kuroo turns to face me finally looking into my eyes while moving closer and sitting back next to me. I hug my legs again slowly mostly because it's suddenly really cold here.
"So?" Kuroo looks at me again with serious expression probably getting the pieces together slowly in his head. I turn my head and lean it on my knees looking at him.
"I got dumped." I mumble trying not to cry again in front of him. He stays silent probably hoping I would continue in my story.
"He was a childhood friend. Recently I found out I have those feelings towards him for a while...but his only real love is volleyball I guess." I continue silently almost whispering still watching Kuroo who is paying attention. He lifts eyebrow and smirks a bit.
"Volleyball? Is he from Karasuno?" Taking off his hoodie and handing it to me he keeps looking serious though. I take the hoodie from him gratefully and I wear it.
"No, he is from Aoba Johsai. Maybe you have heard about that school before. They are strong." I cuddle into the hoodie trying to warm myself up.
"You probably don't want to spend night talking about boys with me though. We should go sleep." I try to smile a bit and get up slowly. Kuroo just nods and gets up as well.
"Well first I thought you are crying because of the bruises so I had this feel of guilt." He smirks probably trying to make me laugh. I look at him and giggle a bit.
"You think I would cry because of these tiny things?" I roll up the sleep and show him the bandages on my elbows smirking. He smirks as well and nods.
"You are a tough girl huh?" He jokes as we walk towards staircase into my floor. I'm about to answer but my feet stumble over a stair making me lean forward and grabbing Kuroo's arm to steady myself. I laugh a bit and look at him.
"I should stop falling down every time we meet." I let go of him as he chuckles and nods.

-Kuroo's POV-
   It's a bit awkward for me to talk with a girl like that. I mean I've had only one girlfriend before and it was kinda childish relationship anyways. Not saying I'm trying anything here. It just feels unnatural to sit next to crying girl and try comforting her as she talks about another guy. But I got to admit that she isn't as mean as I thought she would be. She is kinda funny too. This Aoba Johsai school...I think I have heard of it a while ago but can't remember clearly. I should ask Sawamura about it later. It's a bit sad to watch her getting depressed over some guy who obviously is really dumb because everyone with two eyes and clear mind would date this girl. Just for argument's sake.

   I walk her to the door of girl's classroom stopping in front of the entrance. We can hear light chatting of the girls inside. I look at her and stuff hands into my pockets awkwardly. My black hair falls into my face covering my right eye a bit.
"Stop thinking about that jerk 'key?" I mumble with husky voice and turn away my eyes as she looks at me surprised and delighted.
"Hmm. Thanks Kuroo. For keeping me company." She lowers her voice and smiles at me genuinely after having that sad expression on for ages. I can't help but smirk a little thinking she looks cute in my big hoodie and those pyjamas shorts. I won't ask for the hoodie back though. I don't know why.
"Sure thing. Good night." I nod my head and turn away heading towards the staircase slowly.
"By the way Kuroo." She calls out still with low voice so she doesn't disturb anyone sleeping. I turn my head and look back at her to find her grinning at me.
"I thought you are an asshole. Sorry about that, you are actually a nice guy. Night!" She winks at me and chuckles before disappearing in that classroom. I only lift one eyebrow in surprise and smirk widely making my way towards boys' classrooms.

I open the door slowly and step inside getting attention of everyone in that room. We are sharing the classroom with Fukurodani so it's still noisy although it's late already.
"Where have you been Kuroo?" Bokuto nearly jumps at me pointing at me those scary owl eyes of his.
"He is grinning." Kenma mumbles not even lifting head to look at me while being into the game he's been playing for a week already. I raise an eyebrow and smirk. The boys look at Kenma and at me knowingly while pulling faces.
"Geez I just went for a walk calm down y'all." I reply brazen it out heading to my bed next to Kenma. Damn that midge sees right through me.
"You were walking at night for this long?" Bokuto follows me grinning as well knowingly. "C'mon tell us Kuroo!" He nearly yells making me turn towards him and before I'm able to say anything Akaashi stands right next to him.
"Bokuto-san, we should respect Kuroo's privacy. Let's go sleep." He calms down the Fukurodani captain leading him to his bed like his younger brother. Weirdo. I lay down on my bed and look at Kenma.
"Oy. Put it down and go sleep. We have practice tomorrow as well." I mumble closing my eyes and turning on back to lay comfortably.
"You left with your hoodie on. Now you don't have it." Kenma speaks out quietly still fully into his game. I open one eye and curve lips into grin as he puts down his console and looks at me back with light smirk on his lips as well.

A/N: It's been a while since I wrote a note so I just want to ask if you like the story? Should I change anything? Please let me know in the comments! Also we are starting to have this little drama which is going to continue for sure. Thank you for reading!