Chapter n°20

"Tamiko-chan!" Bokuto smiles and hugs me as we begin to load into the bus to go back home. I hug him back and look at Akaashi standing behind Bokuto's back. He smiles at me encouragingly with his calm smile.
"You guys gonna have official matches soon too right?" I look at them and stand by Bokuto's side leaning at him a bit as we wait for the rest of the team to say goodbyes.
"Yeah! And we are going to see you at Nationals!" Bokuto smirks and leans arm around my shoulders casually while looking at Karasuno players. I watch him and giggle a bit as we exchange looks with Akaashi.
"Nekoma will crush you this year." Kuroo joins us with his arrogant smile adressing Bokuto and Akaashi.

It's been a bit awkward between us since yesterday but we got to talk like we used to do. I watch Kuroo joke around with Bokuto and can't help but to smile because I haven't seen him in this mood for so long.
"Hey nee-chan!" Tobio calls at me before he disappears in the bus after Hinata. I look after him and sigh a bit.
"Okay guys, good luck yall. Let's stay in touch." I smile a bit hugging Bokuto and Akaashi quickly once again before turning towards Kuroo. He smiles a bit and opens his arms allowing me to wrap my hands around his waist and lean my head on his chest.
"See you later." He mumbles as he caresses my back a bit before I lean away from him so it doesn't seem suspicious for the rest standing around us. I nod a bit and smile waving at them as I head to the bus.

"Tamiko!" Harumi runs towards me as I arrange books in my locker while holding my pom-poms. I look at her and smile nodding at her to say hi.
"What's up?" I smile and continue to pull out the textbooks I need for todays' lessons.
"You didn't tell me you are going to Tokyo! Alone!" Harumi accuses me slamming my locker's door in front of my face.
"I went with the volleyball team. And I didn't tell you because it was an unexpected trip." I look at her and lift one eyebrow while leaning my shoulder on the locker.
"Whatever. Suga told me about it. It's bad when you learn stuff like that from your boyfriend and not your best friend." She's still pouting as she frowns at me. I sigh and smirk a bit.
"Okay sorry. What about some tea then?" I giggle and wrap arm around hers as we head to our classroom.
"Spill it." She giggles immediatelly waiting for me to tell her the awaited news. As we walk together through the hall I give her all the details about my and Kuroo's conversation. She just stares at me the whole time till we arrive to the classroom and to my desk.
"What about Oikawa? Are you still going to date him? Which one do you like more?" Harumi sits in front of me and turns back so we can talk making the person who actually sits in front of me wait for their spot. I lean to her and shrugg.
"First of all I'm not dating Tooru. And second...it's not about who I like. Kuroo is from Tokyo which is too far away and Tooru is my best friend so... yeah." I lower my voice and explain my situation calmly making her eyes go wider slowly.
"No way! You are meant for each other with Kuroo!" She whispers and slaps my shoulder quite hardly.
"Shhh! Shut up Harumi, I don't have time for this. I have to practice with yall, go to the games and prepare for college!" I lean my back on the chair and sigh looking from the classroom window.

"How was it in Tokyo Tamiko-chan?" Smiling Tooru approaches me and hugs me giving me a quick peck on nose. I look at him and smile a bit as I manage to hang my bag on my right shoulder.
"It was okay. How are you Tooru?" He takes my pom-poms and starts walking with me into the town. He waits for me few times in a week after our trainings to walk me home or library. It was fun once in a while with my best friend so we could joke around and stuff but it seems too unnatural now.
"Tooru you don't have to do this, I know you would rather practice more at school with Iwaizumi and others." I look at him and he keeps smiling on our way home. He looks at me for a second and smirks a bit for a second.
"It's okay, I want to do this." I look straight thinking he probably does this out of conviction that this is the only way you treat your girlfriend.
"Tooru, we aren't dating so you really don't have to do this." I sigh even though I expect him to act like he always does when I bring this up.

And just like that the anticipated playoffs finally arrived. It's the end of October, the spooky season, and the weather is cold and chilly. My alarm goes off making me cuddle into the blankets as the wind knocks on my window. I yawn and hit the alarm slowly getting up. I get up and get ready for the long and excited day. The boys have first match of the playoffs today and we are going to be supporting them. Tooru is going to play as well. I'm not worried about him though because we both know the main issue is going to be when he meets Karasuno in a game.
"Mornin'." I mumble and sit to the table facing my little brother who seems to be still sleeping above his bowl of cereals. I watch him amused as he tries to stuff a spoon into his mouth.
"Did you even sleep last night?" I raise an eyebrow and take a bite of my breakfast. He manages to hum as an answer not minding me any further.

I walk next to Tobio and Hinata who seem quieter than usual. I figure out they are probably focusing on the upcoming match so I let them be as we approach the Sendai Municipal gymnasium.
"Oh! We are here!" Hinata suddenly yells startling me with his sudden liveliness. I look at him but he is already sprinting towards the entrance while still yelling.
"We are getting our revenge!" I only giggle and look at my brother to tell him something about being left behind but he is already sprinting after Hinata yelling something like "dumbass" after him. We laugh a bit with the girls as the atmosphere gets less tense among the team. I look around the entrance looking for Aoba Johsai but another team catches my eye.
"Oh? Look, they have cheerleaders with them! Yohoo!" A guy in an orange tracksuit waves at us leaning his arm on Hinata's head. I lift one eyebrow and watch as the whole team looks at us walking towards them with the Karasuno players.
"Huh? Why are you looking at our cheerleaders? Huh?" Tanaka growls threateningly as we move closer to the team standing by the entrance. Suddenly a girl in the same tracksuit appears bowing quickly in our direction and pushing the boys inside.
"Hey, c'mon!" She hurries them through the door leaving us all in a confusion what was this all about.
"Johzenji? It seems they are the opponents today." Harumi reads from the notice board making me stop there as well and look at the diagram of the plays.

"Okay girls! We have our dressing room in the first floor so you can go prepare already, there should be a name tag on the door." I turn to the team and smile all excited about cheering on our team today again. The girls begin to move in little groups inside as I stand there and talk with Harumi near the notice board.
"Good morning, Tamiko-chan!" A familiar voice calls out making me look at their direction. It's the captain of Aoba Johsai with the whole team waving at me as they arrive to the gymnasium. I smile and wave back at them.
"Hey Tooru." I hug him as he leans closer and then high five Iwaizumi who comes to greet me as well.
"Is Tobio-chan ready for another defeat?" Tooru smirks making me frown a bit. He keeps challenging my brother like if volleyball was only about beating him. It seems like Tooru doesn't enjoy it as much as he used to when we were in middle school. I only smirk though and sigh.
"You should prepare yourself for the defeat, Tooru."