twenty nine

"how much did you pay mark?" jeno knew that obviously, mark wouldn't be wearing a tux and have his hair gelled back for nothing.

jaemin frowned. "you aren't surprised?" the disappointment was clear in his voice.

jeno looked over to the small table in the middle of the kitchen with a candle and roses as a centerpiece.

he honestly had overlooked it because of how dead inside mark looked.

jeno didn't know how to express his appreciation for what jaemin had done for him. he truly was grateful, though.

jeno walked over to jaemin and hugged him. then, because he couldn't help it, he placed a peck on jaemin's forehead.

"i love it."

"alright lovebirds, please sit down and i will take your order." mark put air quotes around the "take your order part."

jeno and jaemin both sat down in their chairs that were across from each other.

"what do you want?"

jeno thought for a moment. "maybe steak?"

mark scoffed. "we only have ramen."

"i'll have ramen," jaemin said. he hadn't corrected mark's rudeness because he was too busy reliving jeno's small, but meaningful kiss.

"i think," jeno started again, "i will have kimchi."

"we only have ramen."

"fried chicken." it was fun to annoy mark.

"we only have  r a m e n."

"how about-"

"i will be back with two ramens." mark walked away frustrated.

--

in the past month i have obtained five scars, natural selection is coming for me

i'm gonna have to edit this chapter because yikes