Chapter 24

It was difficult being part of a couple and not being able to be out in the open. They spent a lot of time in her room, and they also went to Henry's place as his two roommates had recently left for the summer so they had the place to themselves. 

  Henry's lived in a small, white house on the corner, and it was a complete bachelor pad with a big, black couch in the middle of the living room and some chairs that were clearly just for gaming. There was no other furniture except their small beds in their equally tiny rooms. Spencer loved to make fun of Henry for it, and he admitted he liked being at their house better so he didn't bother decorating his own place.

  They knew they needed to tell people sooner rather than later though. They couldn't start a relationship by hiding it from the world. Henry wanted to hold her hand down the street and hang out with her at their house as a real couple. She wanted that too, but she was so nervous to tell Charlotte. She hadn't been talking about Henry lately though, and Parker hadn't brought up Henry asking her out so it seemed to be smoothing out.

  It didn't really matter as she and Henry laid in his bed in the early morning hours, and they talked about anything and everything as they watched the sun come up. This was their new routine, and it was the most comforting thing in the world.

  "Wanna catch a movie?" Henry asked as they walked around town at ten at night. 

  He put his arm around her even though they knew it was iffy as they could run into someone they knew, but they were slightly buzzed from the bar and didn't care. She watched him play a few songs, and she smiled at the gaggle of women that hung out in the front row and yelled his name. Spencer was happy to note that Charlotte was not one of them.

  "Sure," Spencer said as she checked the time on her phone. "What is that stupid action movie you wanted to see? You've been talking about it for a while now. Is it still playing?"

  "I've been too busy with you," Henry said as he rubbed his hand up the side of her stomach; underneath her t-shirt. "It has made movies and television very boring. I wouldn't even want to watch the movie. I'd just want to make out with you the whole time."

  She turned pink with pleasure. Henry was so affectionate and fun to be around. She knew their were in their 'honeymoon' phase, but she was going to enjoy every second of it. 

   They went to the movie, and they made out during most of it like silly teenagers in the back row. Then they went to the park where he pushed her on the swing, and then they went to get some late night fast food and returned to his place that they joked was their new love nest. 

  They went out earlier that week, and Henry bought a new comforter, sheets and even a bigger bed and new mattress as his other one had been very saggy thanks to him having it since his freshman year of high school. They picked it out together, and Henry said he hoped it felt like her place as well as his. He even gave her half of his dresser.

  "So was I thinking of going to visit my parents on the farm this weekend," Henry said as he sat in the swing next to her. "We could drive up, and spend the weekend with them. I was thinking you might come along and meet them? If it's too soon I understand."

  "No, I'd like that," Spencer said honestly. "You know my family after all. I'd love to meet yours."

  He looked relieved. "Great. I already told them you were coming."

   She laughed. "You did?"

  "They're excited to meet you," Henry said with a slightly sheepish smile. "I told my Mom and sisters all about you. I'm sure my Mom told my Dad, but he isn't much for talking on the phone. He's too old school for that, I guess. I always joke that we could write letters, but he's a good guy. You'll like all of them."