6. The Ghost of You

I open my eyes to find a soft, pale yellow light filling up the whole room of mine

I open my eyes to find a soft, pale yellow light filling up the whole room of mine. I'm feeling so excited and happy.

A melodious sound of someone's laughter is making this morning more and more pleasurable

A melodious sound of someone's laughter is making this morning more and more pleasurable. I quickly step ahead to get out of my room. Dispersing all curtains, I run through the corridor to reach the main hall and dinning area. She is not here. Where is she? Where She can be?

I run to check in kitchen and called my Mom, " Mom, where is she?"

Mom is not answering, She is not even there. My heart sank a bit. I felt as if the rays of Sun falling on my face through window, is turning hot. Hot, then it has been ever before.

Yet, I chose to peep out of the window. Giggles of her, still giving me enough reason to look out for her.

There, in garden, Scotch is playing with someone. I know, it's Her. I rush out from back door of our home.

Home! Back Door! Wait a second, I'm living in an three BHK apartment, that too on top floor of our building.

I turn around to look at the building, I just came out from.

I can't believe, It's not any foolish apartment. It's our Home. Our, My... my home, where I have lived the best part of my life. My childhood.

"Ryan."

I can't be wrong to identify this voice. It's Mom!

"Mom!" I screamed aloud to see my mother standing just few steps away from me. I broke into tears and fall on my knees like a toddler, unable to take a steady step anymore. She steps closer to me, just as She has always done.

I look up as I felt her soothing hand on my head. She smiles at me with twinkling eyes. Her palms cups my face and she kisses my forehead.

This is too much for me, I broke into worse sobs and hug her waist firmly to dig my head in her stomach.

She pamper my head and says in her melodious voice, "Don't cry my son. She is there, just look behind yourself. You are my strong boy. Don't give her chance to laugh at my son. Go, get her before She runs again."