5.Perfect Strangers

"Sorry to disappoint You, but You are still alive

"Sorry to disappoint You, but You are still alive." I whisper in her ear.

As I tilt my head back to see her expressions changing. She looks into my eyes and a smile run across my lips again.

God! There is something in her twinkling eyes. So calm yet so much chaos. Her expressions changes within a minute and she tries to stand on her own. But before she can get success, the last boy from the group rushed and pushed her slightly again, enough to lose her balance.

This time I held her waist. "Easy Girl, easy. I know I'm too hot but You should control yourself. Atleast, among so many people. I'm kind of shy guy." I tease her adding a wink to my comment.

"Yaa Yaa! Shy Boy!" She placed her hands on my chest to take support and stands straight to look straight into my eyes.

Damn! Why I can hear my heart thumping against the cage of ribs. It seems like the time has stopped at this moment. Her hand rest still for a moment on my heart. I don't no if I'm imagining it or actually it is happening. It seems like She too has felt the same as I do.

Next second, She withdraws her hands back, "You never miss any chance of flirting. Do you?" She snaps at me with a smirk.

"No, never." I confirm her words with the same smirk.

"Come, let me show You the Karaoke. There, they are enjoying it." She moves swiftly this time. Giving me a clear view of inside the canopy shaped, roofed area.

"By the way, thanks for holding me." She adds while stepping ahead.

"Oh. Your welcome. But does that mean, I can touch you now?" I inquire, just to remind her last night rudeness.

"Certainly Not. We are still strangers, not even acquaint." She replies, raising an eye brow.

I steps ahead, glancing backwards to give a last check at Jerry and Jane at their table. Is Jerry holding her hand? Oh my God!

I stop at my place, shell shocked! How? I mean, Why? How is it possible? Jerry knows Jane for more then two years. Yeah, if I'm not wrong. Jane told once that She has graduated from our college only just after a year. And She had seen us there.

Yet, all these years, Jerry never indicated that he even likes Jane. And today, he is holding her hand!

"Estella!" I call her name aloud. I think it must be almost a scream, as everyone start to look at my direction. I just avoid their looks and concentrate what I am up to.

"Ryan, calm down. I still can hear a normal audible voice. You don't need to freak the people here by screaming my name in that shocked tone. As if you have seen some Ghost." She chide at me.

"I will! And I have all reasons to wonder. Leave your Karaoke and tell me. What have you done to my friend? He was pale and now he is holding her hand! How? Why?" I blurt it all at once without any hesitation.