23. Someday

It's been months since she has gone.

I wonder how weird it is to think about her. We haven't had a talk or interacted anyhow.

Yes, I know she is fine and doing well at her college as Rose keeps me updating about her.

Yes, I do visit her everyday. She and Dad are integral parts of my life.

Jerry told me about a few Ex girls of mine, who keep asking about me. But honestly speaking, after reuniting with Dad, I don't feel the need of any of them. I don't need distraction from my life anymore.

Every morning I get up with a smile as I know my Dad is there for me. I am there for him. I have seen him sad, talking to Mom's pictures when he is alone in his office.

I think Estella was right. He loves her, that is why He let her go. As this was what she wanted from him in their relationship.

My cell blinks twice announcing my daily dose of smile and inspiration to keep me going on.

Yeah, that blogger Renne is part of my days as well.

Scotch must be having fun with Rose while I'm working with Jane here in Dad's office.

"Your blogger friend updated, isn't it?" Jane says sarcastically.

"Yeah, unlike your Romeo boyfriend 'Jerry' Who pops up each morning. This blogger updates whenever he or she feels like. Must have some work to do! " I reply in the same sarcastic manner.

"well..." Jane exhales, showing up back of her left hand.

"wait, is that the diamond ring? You guys exchanged rings?" I gawk at her revelation.

"Well, yes and no too. As he just proposed to me last night and..." She is taking pause to create suspense.

Poor girl doesn't have any idea that I was the one to choose this ring for that idiot but didn't know that he was going to do it so early.

"And what Jane?" I pretend.

"I replied, Yes!" She replies with a screech.

"OMG! OMG! I'm so happy for you girl." I hugged her with the same enthusiasm of hers.

"Thankyou Ryan, it's all possible because of you." Jane replies with a broad smile hugging me back.

"Aww... don't give this credit to me for it. As if you both ever fight, in future You will curse me." I cleared myself from such possible accusations.

"Relax, we will not do that ever as You never asked me to date him or her to date me." She chuckles

As we never did that actually.

It was Estella who actually had the talk with Jerry.

Well what they literally talk that day is a mystery for the rest of the world.

"So, you guys are getting married." I inquired Jane.

"Yeah, as soon as we sort a few things like..."Jane pauses for a second before continuing, " Ryan I think, I should resign before stepping in any relation with Jerry." She says looking at me with furrowed brows.

"Wait... you wait here I will be back in some time after kicking your selfish BF!" I growl in anger before turning to leave.

"No Ryan, he hasn't told me anything to do. It's just my... my conscience. You both own the same business. If I got married to Jerry and kept working here." She hesitated and left the sentence in the middle.

"I'm listening." I push her to speak up and complete her sentence.

"Ryan I don't want any misunderstanding between you guys, on professional grounds."

"Oh, I got you. Don't worry your personal life will not get affected by professional life. I will talk to Jerry." I assure her as none of us ever thought about this phase of our changing relations.

"You sure? I mean his group of hotels is one of your biggest opponents in business. Still you are fine with his wife working with you?" She looks at me with a smirk as if threatening.

"To rectify you, he is my best friend. And we are in the same business that doesn't mean we are rivals. And, You can work here as long as you want."

She looks at me as if thinking deep, "besides all your past good records, I need a friend to help me in these business things, you know that I'm not as good as yours dear boyfriend." I added.

" Ok fine, you won." Jane burst into laughter and added, "Stop making that puppy face."

" I didn't. It's my natural face you see. I'm a born cuty."

"And a lier as well. You are damn good in business just like cajoling any girl." She says sarcastically slapping at my arm before turning to leave the room.

"Well I'm not that good in that forte too." I accept, Estella, somehow won that wooing game. I still think about her, I still want to talk to her but she never called me.

I can't show this to her. That's why I never called her from my side either.

"What? Do you mean there's someone who could escape your charm? I can't believe it!" Jane overacted this time. And walked back in the room with her wide round eyes.

I guess I shouldn't have said that, " You think so?" I have to act if I want to cover my that idiotic face.

"Fewww... you actually gave me a mini heart stroke. I mean who can be out of your range dude!"

Again a hyperbole from my dear Jane.

"Yeah, yeah, now go for what you were going to. Your BF might be freaking without you." I tease her.

Damn! How can I miss her so much that I almost said it infront of Jane.

I wish I could meet her once again, and end that foolish game of ours. I will try this time harder not to like her, not to treasure those silly laughs we shared.

 I will try this time harder not to like her, not to treasure those silly laughs we shared