17. If You are There

If you could have stayed

Life would have been different.

If you had stayed

I would have been different.

If you had stayed

My pains would have soothed.

If you had stayed

My worries would have disappeared.

If you had stayed

My wounds would have healed.

If you had stayed

My world would have bloomed..

❤️❤️❤️

To my surprise, I can still hear her footsteps after a few minutes

I dared to look sideways at her, entering the room back.

A loud sound of thumping a plate on the table compelled me to turn around.

She is standing by its side, a plate of pasta is there at the center of the table along with a glass of water.

My stomach started to churn at the sight of food. I didn't realize but now after seeing food, I'm feeling the hunger.

The alcohol I have consumed making my decision of staying away from it, weak.

"Why didn't you leave yet?" I question her trying to look at her instead of the plate. And at the same moment my stomach groaned, embarrassing me at worst.

I can see, she smiles a bit before replying,"have this and I will leave. I promise."

"I don't want to see your face." I walked toward the table and try to pick up the plate but I can't concentrate enough to find it's exact location at table. " I'm having it just because I... I don't want to see you, liar!" Another attempt and I fail again.

"Ryan," She gets a shirt from my cupboard and starts to make me wear it. "Ok, if you want me to leave you alone then sit here and let me feed you. So I can leave you as soon as possible." She says with a sly smile on her lips buttoning up my shirt.

Blobbing myself on sofa, I looked up at her.

She smiles at me this time brightly and picks up the plate in her hand just to take the spoon full of pasta and blow it a bit before putting it in my mouth.