017: Emotion=Weakness

Edited: 20230402
"Please don't make the same mistakes as I did." The Queen pleaded for Y/n. The captain was baffled on what mistakes because clearly her life seemed alright, see the captain didn't want that life like the queen, she wanted to be with her mother and her father. She promised them she'll come back.

The older lady kept crying, y/n just sat there worried if it was from the hormones, or something else. The captain only squeezed her hands into hers, she quickly wiped her tears away from her eyes.

'Why was she crying? What does she mean by the same mistake as she did? What did she do? Did she try to take the marking off and this is what it got her?' There were so many questions she wanted to ask towards the queen since she's been in this situation before.

"Your feelings aren't real. They marked you to control you, that's how they get you to marry them and reproduce more of them. I realized that when I got married to him, once he kissed me to seal it, it was like a spell washing over me." She whispered softly at the female who was listening to what the queen had to say.

"The ocean nymphs allow themselves to get caught in the pirate's nets, it's easier to do that instead of finding their mate while they swim in the ocean." She added on the more of the reasons why to be careful from those fishes. Although Y/n doesn't want anything to deal with them, but she needs to hurry up and sell him, so she could be through with all of this nonsense.

The village used to tell stories about the sea people where they had a tail instead of legs, or how they were the most beautiful creatures that god had created which the little Y/n was always mesmerized by the stories people used to tell and how they seen these creatures, whereas no one believes them.

"They have powers to bewitch humans which is why we're so drawn in with their beauty and everything, then again it goes away once they married their mates and luckily, their beauty stays with them, only that's one of the reasons how I snapped out of it. The scary thing about is you don't know when they're bewitching you." She kinda of scared the girl a little by how they could put a spell on her.

She stares at her. Knowing her next question was the mistake the queen's made. "How are you so happy with him?" The captain, hesitantly investigate on the Royal's marriage. The queen basically mumbled her words towards her. She frowned at the current situation she still have on herself.

She hums out and closed her eyes to keep her from crying in front of the younger human on the contrary her expressions shows otherwise. A tear slips out of her closed visions. Y/n wanted to comfort her, even though the queen doesn't want anyone, assisting her. Maybe she thought it was a sign of her giving in to all of this shenanigans.

"I try to think about the land, the sun, the flowers. The simply things I took for granted always makes me happy, so I think of that while I-I sing a tune, my ummm mom used to sing to me when I was..l-little." She stuttered a bit hopefully, she can maintain her composure before breaking down crying even more.

"I wish, I didn't went in that tavern." She mumbled to herself, feeling a kick from inside of her belly smiling before a servant knocked on the door as she immediately said come in.

The maid bowed to the queen before turning to the captain who was listening into the older lady. The only fish in the room opened her mouth.

"Let me show you to your room." She announced, bowing down to her as the female got up to leave with her, but the pregnant lady quickly got up to give her something which was a purple pendant in her hand.

She grasped onto the wrist of y/n's and wrapped it around her own fingers, then released her palms away from her, staring at the jewelry in her hand.

"Put it on, it helps you be able to breathe." She answered to the quietness of the three beings, the captain was about to say something only to be cut off by the woman.

"They didn't tell you because that's how they make you want to rely on them. Hide it under your shirt, so they won't see it." She said as she swiftly put it on and dropped the jewel in her shirt.

She left to follow the other girl out the door while the queen sits back down to glance out at the window. She hums out a melody and the captain, looks around to the castle she didn't really get to look around.

All she saw was the entrance and the dining room. 'Where would my room be?' She thought, strolling behind the maid that knew where to go, she could probably be blindfolded and knew exactly where to go.

"Royal males, huh?" The woman in front said as she continues to lead the girl. She finally heard what she was saying to her and she hums in a yes. The maid had a ring on her finger as she tries to hide it each time a servant approaches.

"You're married?" She asked the maid who nods at the question before she grasped onto the wrist of the captain. Why's everyone keep touching her, today?

"Why are you hiding it?" She whispered to her she looks side to side, making sure no one heard what she's about to say to her. The maid opens her mouth to speak, but then she closes it back.

"It's illegal to marry a male, ocean nymph and us, nymph can tell when you're married to a male nymph by the difference between the rings." She harshly whispered towards the woman, how's it illegal to be married to someone the same as you?

"Why are you telling me this?" The captain asked once again, the maid rolled her eyes. She moved her head side to side to see if someone was coming towards them which there was no one.

"Because it's illegal to have that pendant, so we both have our secrets." She said before leaving her. Yet suddenly she finds herself caught between the grasp of y/n's. She turns back to glance at her and she wanted to add onto the questioning this whole trip.

"Why's it illegal to have this?" She grasped onto her tighter as she wanted to know what will happen to her if they found it or why was it illegal? What's wrong with these people? She looked down at the hand of the human and she went back to looking at her.

"It's how they convince the humans that they need them as much as they need them and with that jewelry on it's hard to lure them in." She responded towards the curious girl and she let go of her and they continued to trail on the hallways.

"Your room's with the prince." She announced to the lady before she left to help the other servants out, she wanted to ask her to change the rooms, nevertheless it was already too late to even tell her.

She opened the door to her shared room she had to use with Kasumi again. It's like the ship all over again. She sighed out of this stupidity, she needed to get this marking off of her ASAP before things starts to escalate dramatically.

The captain walked to the bed and sat down on it, laying her body on it. She stared up onto the ceiling, holding onto the pendant in her shirt. She thought back to what the queen said, but then one statement got to her which caused her eyes to go wide.

"I wish, I didn't go to that tavern."

—————
Sorry for the late upload and I'm done ✅