031: The Mysterious Playmate

"I-I sort of marked ya

"I-I sort of marked ya." He mumbles out as the lady was about to scream at him only she kept silent about it. Why would she think he was nowhere near his brother? No, he's exactly like him!

How can she be so dumb to even think he would stoop to this level, despite that she was warned about these fish monkeys. Gosh, how can she befriended with a male fish who was nicer and much more gentle than his brother to only have the same thing backfire on her.

She doesn't remember anything like that happening. Did he come into the room when she was sleeping in the kingdom and he bit her?

She snatched a pillow before she got off the bed to get farther away from him. She can't trust him anymore especially when she doesn't have her entire body back. "Please, I can explain." He held out his hands towards her, telling her to calm down.

She was ready to launch the pillow to him if he comes any closer to her. "Ya know how an ocean nymph marks their human. So I remembered us playing..." She gave him a weird stare, but his face looked a little familiar. Not like her meeting him underwater, only on land.

"Hello? Are you lost?" The little girl asked the child, his body was wet and he was pretty adorable for being just a kid. She didn't understand: shouldn't he understand English? Everyone should speak it.

"Oh." He only uttered out. The eight year old female, pointed her stick at the boy. "Well, you can be one of my crewmenn." She smiled before she slid down the tiny cliff that stopped their interaction with each other. The chestnut-haired kid only stared at the older female.

"You seem to not speak too much, so I'll give you a name." She stated out before she touched her chin as this was a way to express herself when she was thinking.

"Well, you look like a Hermy since you like to be alone which I don't blame you." She threw her hands up in a defensive manner. The kid giggles for the first time. 'So he does understand English, so that means he can speak it and I can question him.' She thought.

She pointed her lanky stick to the tiny boy. "I don't get it, don't you get tired of being alone?" She asked him, circling around the smaller child. He shrugs his shoulders to the question.

"I mean, I have two brothers? But I never seen a girl before?" He appears to be clueless on the older female. She suddenly poked him in the chest with her stick as this made him jump from the connection. "What? Is there only boys in your house?" The younger Y/n retreated her weapon back.

"Yeah. My mother doesn't allow me to see any girls 'til I'm at age." He responded right after he said that. She walked onto the path that leads her back to her backyard. "Wait! Where ya going?" The boy chases after the villager. She turned around to see the boy running to her.

"You said your mother doesn't want you seeing any girls, so I'll respect her wishes." The female said. The kid now was close enough to snatch her wrist, but it slipped into her hand. His palm were soft, yet, so cold.

"My mother's not here, so we can play." He said as the girl smiled happily to the idea. She ran inside the woods before he sprinted to the girl. "Wait, you're going too fast!" He shouts.

 "Wait, you're going too fast!" He shouts

"Arrrgh, dig up the treasure." Y/n commands her one crewman who saluted to her before he started to dig up the X'ed ground. She stares out to the distance, seeing a person playing in the water, he appears to be almost the same age as her.

She slid down the cliff and she waltzed over to the water. She smiled towards the person that seemed to notice her too. He waves at her, gesturing her to come in the water with him, only she didn't know how to swim. "I can't!" She shouts and the boy continues to gesture her, or just make her at least touch the liquid.

Y/n smiled at him maybe he was one of those fish people the villagers kept on gossiping about. She wanted to meet one. Crawling to the ocean, grinning as his pale face seemed to be friendly. His eyes were like a magnet to her and she went closer to him.

"Y/n, I only found bones?" The little boy behind her said. The kid was now confused about where his captain was. "Y/n?..Y/n!" He shouts her name before he found her being lured by a creature.

He quickly dashes to her small body as he continues to yell her name. She didn't care as the person in the water only kept tempting her by splashing the liquid with his beautiful tail. "GET AWAY FROM THE WATER!!" He waves his hands rapidly to get her attention.

The person suddenly goes down in the water and she was even more tempted to go in as her index finger lightly touched it as she was pulled from behind her. She fell on top of him with her finger bleeding badly.

Y/n whines out. "Ow, what happened?" She said now staring into the eyes of her rescuer. He immediately started to tear up and he threw his arms around her and he buries his head in her neck. She patted his back to comfort him.

"Ya almost got killed by a Nøkken, we're in his territory." He uttered before he lets go of her. She got up while he did the same movement. She moved her head towards the water to see, it was a swamp with lily pads scattered around. "What's that?" She said.

"He's a ruthless shapeshifter who lures women and children with his enchanted violin to the water to kill them, but he didn't use his instrument he was using his eyes since he was trying to look like an ocean nymph." He said, now, holding the girl's hand while he walks away.

The young captain looks around to see: bones littering the area. She feels a stinging sensation in her finger. "My finger's bleeding?" She questioned out. He was holding her bleeding hand, he looks down to the injury.

"Well, I don't want it getting infected." He said, taking her index in his mouth, nibbling on it. She only stared at him, feeling his tongue on the recent wound. He smiled softly before he took it out of his mouth and he kissed it.

"Woahh! How's it healed up?" She replied while the chestnut-haired boy blushes to her comment. She grinned, but she didn't know that it would form a purple marking on her.

"It's a special ability I can do." He closed eyes smiled towards her with his head tilted to the side letting his hair fall to his right. Y/n suddenly was thrown off by his grin and he touched her cheek which surprised her even more. "You're so cute when you're clueless." He said before he abruptly realized what he said.

"I-I'm sorry." He said. And that right there was her first crush which was a...fish boy in disguise.

Y/n stood there frozen in place as she realized what he was talking about. "H-How's that...possible?" She pointed her finger towards him to realize the purple marking on it. She always thought it was just a birthmark.

The captain immediately fell to her knees in defeat as Luke immediately ran to her, engulfing her in his arms.

"The mark lets me know where you are at anytime and any place So that's why I came to your ship."