Leon

Chapter 20

TREY

I don't want to think ill of Marron. 

"Trey." Marron gently called from the passenger's seat. 

I took a deep breath. "Iuuwi na muna kita sa bahay n'yo. Get dressed, we'll meet the wedding organizer." I said in a calm voice. 

Marron stayed on Frigate's place for hours. Her hair was a mess and her clothes are crumpled. Ayoko na mag-isip ng masama. 

Ano, natatakot ka, Trey? She cheated on Frigate with you. She had sex with you while she's in relationship with Frigate. Takot ka ba sa karma?

I took another deep breath to eliminate that thought. Marron loves me. 

"May sakit si Frigate kaya pinagluto ko na muna s'ya. Nilinis ko na din muna 'yong unit n'ya kasi sobrang gulo." Paliwanag ni Marron. 

Tumango lang ako. I tasted something off in my mouth. I don't know if I am buying that, but I just want to believe her. I don't want to overthink. Ito na din naman ang huling pagpunta n'ya doon. Once she's my wife, she's all mine. 

We arrived the V-Mansion and Marron took a bath. I waited for her in the living room. 

"Tito Trey, why are you sad?" Leon asked after looking at me for a while. She stood in front of me then caressed my face. 

I smiled at Casey's son then ruffled his hair. "I'm not sad. I'm just tired from work." 

"Tito, pilot po kayo, right? I want to be a pilot when I grow up! I am building paper planes every day!" Bibong kuwento ni Leon. "Nagpapabili nga po ako kay Daddy ng laruan na plane. Kaso pag-iipunan pa daw po 'yon. Saka kailangan daw po na maganda ang grades ko sa school at mabait po ako." 

I pinched his cute nose. "Do you want me to buy you one?" 

The little boy's eyes brightened he looks like he's ready to reply with a big yes, but his expression suddenly changed. 

"No, Tito Trey. Magagalit po si Daddy. He said that we should learn how to work hard for the things we like. We shouldn't depend on others to do things for us. No shortcut to success. Hard work is the key of genuine success." Malungkot na sagot ni Leon. 

I chuckled. "You're too young for that, little buddy." I smiled at him. "I'll give you a plane as a reward for cheering me up today." 

Leon shook his head. "Daddy won't be happy about it."

I stared at the poor id then sighed. Casey's husband's insecurity is ticking me off. He's been to strict with the kids. Nakakairita na lang. 

"Alright." I tried to sound cheerful. "How about I take you with me when I fly a plane? That isn't material anymore." 

"Thank you, Tito Trey!" Leon happily jumped on me to hug me on my neck. 

"I'll tell your Mom about it." I hugged the kid back. 

"Trey?" Marron called. She just descended the stairs. 

Leon broke our hug then run off. "I'm flying a plane with Tito Trey!" 

I laughed a little. 

"What's that?" Marron asked. 

I raised from my seat then I went to Marron. "Nothing, Love. I just had a little chitchat with Leon and I learned that he wants to be a pilot someday. I said I'll take him on my next flight."

"Payagan kaya 'yan?" 

I shrugged my shoulders. I wrapped my arm on Marron's waist then I pulled her to me. I kissed her temple then I sniffed on her hair. "Let's go?"

I just want to act like nothing happen. I just want to fool myself that there's no Frigate encounter today. 

MARRON

I don't know how to tell Trey that I don't want to marry right away. I want to spend quality time with him first. 

"When will be the wedding date?" Cielo, the wedding coordinator asked. 

Trey pressed his lips on the side of my head. "What do you think, Love?" 

I bit my lower lip. Trey's giving me the decision. "Can we have it next year?"

"Skipper moved theirs the next year, Marron. Tricia's birthday." Trey replied in a cold tone. 

It's already September. 

"How about December 31, sir Trey?" Cielo suggested. 

Trey shook his head. "Our families have plans already for the Christmas season."

"Birthday mo na lang." I said. That's the farthest date possible for me to pick. "Para makakatipid ako sa regalo." I tried to be funny. 

Trey chuckled. "Alright, Love. December 19 it is." 

"We settled the date. Next will be the venue." Cielo listed notes on her tab.

"I think we should have Nanay around while talking about the details of the wedding. Cielo, can you manage to pull an engagement party for us two weeks from now? We will be expecting around three hundred guests, including our families, business associates and other friends. I want it grand. That's the first time my fiancee and I will announce about us."

My heart thumped on my chest. Everybody will know about our wedding. Pati 'yong mga katrabaho ko at mga kaibigan ni Frigate, na ang alam ay kami ni Frigate ang dapat na magpapakasal. 

Pero ayoko na lang isipin. I should face things like that. I know that I will be judged. I used Frigate. And Trey will be my husband anyway. 

Trey gave instructions on the organizer. He set another date for the wedding details. We had our dinner then Trey sent me home. 

"Love, I want the engagement party to be my gift to you. Pasensya na at hindi ko hiningi ang opinyon mo para sa mga detalye. Promise, you'll be the one to decide on everything for our wedding." Trey smiled then kissed my cheek. 

"It's alright. Hindi din naman ako mahilig sa party. Alam mo naman na taga-kain lang ako?" I giggled. 

"Thank you, Marron." Trey said in a sincere tone. "Thank you for this another chance. I promise that this will be the best decision you ever made. To choose me to spend the rest of your life with." 

My eyes warmed up. "Thank you, Trey. For waiting. And for choosing me over and over. I promise that I will be honest with myself from now on. I will always choose you, even you're the difficult option." I sobbed. "Mali pala." i chuckled. "I promise, that from now on, there'll be no other option. It's only you."

Tears fell from Trey's eyes. "Let's leave everything in the past. I'm sorry for all my shortcomings. I'm sorry for taking you for granted. I promise that you will be my top priority. Nothing will be more important than you, Marron."

"Thank you, Trey."

I still have anxiety and doubts with myself, but I am happy that I am inside Trey's arms again. I still feel uncertain and scared, but I want to embrace this chance for us. 

Everything happen for reasons, and no matter what the reason is, I'd like to think that we're destined for each other. Kaya kahit naging masyadong magulo ang mga bagay para sa amin, ito pa din kami, at kami pa din ang magkasama sa huli. 

Dumaan lang si Lissana. Dumaang lang si Frigate. Kami pa din ni Trey ang para sa isa't isa. 

_________________________

22 September 2019 - 09:52