She looks like a movie

"Why do we have to go to this again Neil?" Audrey called from the bathroom, putting in her earrings.

"Because we have to sweetheart" Neil explained fixing his tie.

"We could be spending our night sleeping, having sex, relaxing for god sake instead of me getting myself into a dress that I know by the time we get there, I will want to get off," Audrey remarked, leaning against the door frame.

"This year's Gala is special Aud," Neil declared walking towards her.

"Oh, really and how is that?" She asked curiously.

"Because It's our first Gala together as a couple," Neil spoke as he kissed her forehead.

"That's another reason why I don't want to go," Audrey said, walking back into the bathroom.

"Why?" Neil said following her into the bathroom.

"Because everyone is going to wanna know everything about us and they are going to drive me crazy" Audrey said leaning against the counter.

"Come on now, we aren't going to be the biggest topic, the biggest topic is going to be the most incredible woman in my life," Neil said, hugging her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Quit flirting, I gotta get dressed wait downstairs, and you already have me" Audrey laughed

Neil waited downstairs, He was excited to be there with Audrey, he loved her a lot. She's his rock, she always lights up the room when she walks into it. He was one lucky guy.

"Neil, go without me, I'm having a hard time with my dress, I called Claire, She's gonna bring me I'll meet you there" Audrey yelled.

"Alright, promise me you're okay?" Neil said, worry rising in his voice.

" Yeah I am don't worry, I love you" she yelled before Neil shut the door.

Audrey was finishing her makeup when Claire walked in.

"Hey, girl where are you?"

"Upstairs, having dress problems"

"How, that dress fits you when we got it"

"I know, but guess who's going"

"who?"

Audrey flashed her the quest list for the Gala, chief of surgery got a list of who was attending.

Claire's eye widened, "Oh God"

"Yep, now I'm losing it"

"breath, you look gorgeous," Claire said handing her her dress.

"I'll wait for you out here" she added.

Once Audrey had her dress on she came out of the bathroom.

"So, what do you think?"

"Woah there sister, you look HOT!" Claire said, her jaw dropped 

"You think?"

"UM I'm not so sure you should wear that to work, you wouldn't save lives, you'd kill people with that" claire said, walking down the stairs

"shut up and just get the car started" Audrey laughed.

At the Gala...

Neil waited outside for Audrey. there was no way he wasn't walking in there without his girl, not a chance.

his Phone buzzed, catching his attention. it was Audrey

"Hey babe, Just parking, see you in a minute"

he smiled before replying

"Great, I'm waiting outside, like I was walking in there without you"

he shut off his phone, putting it in his pocket. when he looked up, his eyes locked on one person walking towards him, his face turned white. the one and only Jessica Preston. the girl who broke his heart.

"Hey Neil, looking good," Jessica said, Strutting past him. God, Audrey was right, relaxing was better.

All his problems went away when he heard the best laughter in the world. he turned around and saw Claire and Audrey. Audrey looked stunning, it was like a movie, where when the guy sees the woman he loves everything moves in slow motion, that was exactly how he felt.

"Wow, Sweetheart you look...breathtaking" Neil said taking her hand.

"Alright I get it I'm wearing a dress it's such a big deal it's nothing crazy"

"I'm serious, you look hotter than Preston," Neil replied giving her a kiss

"Thank you, can we go get this done and over with?" she muttered in his ear.

"yes please" He whispered back as they walked in.