This Is How We Started

Audrey thought that the team had worked pretty hard that day. so she gathered everyone in her office.

"you guys might be wondering why you're here right now, Everyone is officially off the clock and we are going out for drinks if you would like to join"

Everyone was shocked but agreed to go out for drinks.

An hour later everyone was there, including Neil.

Audrey was sipping on her beer when someone wrapped their arms around her waist, causing Audrey to jump. she calmed down when the voice whispered, "Hey there Cheif"

Audrey chuckled at the voice, "Hey there Handsome, I got a beer for you"

Neil gave her a kiss on her forehead as he took off his jacket, sitting in her booth and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "so who showed"

Audrey smiled, "The only people who didn't show are Carly and Shaun"

Neil moved in closer to her, "I figured"

That's when Morgan walked up to them, "Hey you guys do you want some bourbon?"

Neil and Audrey turned to each other the same time, try not to laugh, but failing when the burst into laughter.

Morgan was confused, "Ummm what's so funny if you don't mind me asking"

Audrey now had tears in her eyes from laughing so hard, barely able to speak, "It's...nothing...just ...oH MY GOD I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING"

That's when Morgan walked up to them, Hey Morga- what is wrong with them?"

Morgan simply turned to her and said, "I just asked if they wanted bourbon and they burst into laughter"

Claire put her hand over her mouth trying to hide her laughter, "YOU DID NOT ASK THEM DID YOU SERIOUSLY ASK THEM"

Morgan gave her a look, "Yeah I did, I was being nice"

Claire then sat with Audrey and Neil and they all laughed together, "Oh...MY...GOD"

Morgan threw her hands in the air, " I GIVE UP"

Once Morgan walked away, Audrey, Neil and Claire stopped laughing but still giggled a little. Audrey wiped away the tears she had from laughing, "Oh wow, I haven't laughed like that in YEARS, that was hilarious "

Neil pulled Audrey closer to his chest, " I love watching you laugh like that, but that made me laugh"

Audrey leaned against his chest as they sipped on their beers, "crazy to believe that bourbon is what got us here in the first place"

Neil played with her hair, " I know, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else"

Audrey turned to him, "Let's go get bourbon for old times sake"

Neil smiled at her and laughed, "for old times sake"

Audrey and Neil walked up to the bar and saw Morganite and claire sipping on bourbon, they both turned to each other and smiled, that's when Audrey spoke up, "they're sitting where we sat that night Andrews screwed us over"

Neil smiled as they saw their friends laughing, "the next thing I remember was us in bed"

Audrey swore she heard their voices from that very evening.

"Where was that wisdom 2 days ago"

"The bottom of the bottle"

Audrey looked at Neil and smiles and she buried her face into his neck.

Neil looked down at her, "someone looks like they would love to go to bed right now"

Audrey didn't move, "Oh no sir, I want that bourbon for old times sake"

Neil smiled and took her hand, "Alrighty then"

once they got their bourbon they smiled at each other, "well holy crap isn't this funny"

Morgan and Claire moved, "I believe these seats were where it all started if I'm not wrong"

Audrey smiled and laughed, "yes it is, thank you claire"

once they sat down they raised their glasses, Audrey gave him a smile, "To bourbon bringing us to a whole different level than we wanted, but I am happy that it did"

Neil laughed, "To Bourbon making me see that I had the perfect woman in front of me this whole time"

Audrey smiled as they clinked their glasses together then giving each other a kiss.